Chapter 14

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

~ Sunday, December 7 ~

SUNGMIN

            "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Sungmin Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang as Jongkook carried in the cake.

            “How did you guys get into my house?” I squinted at all the boys.

            “Obviously, I have an extra key since I always come over,” Jongkook said and placed the cake in my hands. I blew out the candles and everyone cheered.

            "You guys got the cake free didn't you, I can tell you got it from my bakery," I said, narrowing my eyes at them.

            "Hey, Victoria insisted she buy it for you," Sejun said.

            "Victoria? Ah~ Victoria!" I had to think for a moment to remember who Victoria was.

            Victoria is my co-worker at the bakery, she is dating my manager but she is rarely there since she is a trainee to be in a K-pop group called F(x).

            "Yep, now let’s eat some cake," Jungwoo said as he started to cut the cake.

            “So where did Bomi take you yesterday?” Jiseok asked.

            “She bought me cake for my birthday,” I answered.

            “She didn’t do anything to you right?” Taeha asked, checking my face and arms.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” I questioned him.

            “Girls can be very conceiving,” he said.

            “Dude, Bomi may seem like a sweet loving girl but she can be so scary,” Jiseok said, shivering. “She could be a viscous murderer for all we know!”

            We all started laughing. “You guys you know how much she has threatened to kill me!”

            “Whatever,” I rolled my eyes.

 

AUTHOR

            The first week of December has past and time is flying by. Bomi has once again starting hanging out with Bangtan but every so often hung out with Speed and now the mood was lit up again. Jin was happy that Bomi was actually talking a lot more than she used to and smiles more and Taehyung was happy that Bomi was back by his side.

 

SUNGMIN

            I'm really worried for today, what if everything goes wrong and I mess up? I paced around my room for a while.

            "Yah, stop pacing around, you're making me dizzy," Jungwoo said.

            "I’m sorry, I'm just worried about today," I answered, I squeezed my hands together; they were already feeling sweaty.

            "What are you...? Oh, so you're actually going to do it?" Yeoshin questioned and I nodded. "Don't worry, you'll do great, lets head to school now," Jungwoo headed out the door and I followed.

            I hope so.

 

BOMI

            It's another week of December and the days are only getting colder and colder. I tried to walk faster to school but the cold air is basically squeezing the warmth out of my body.

            Come on, I've been through this many times before, you can do this! I mentally cheered myself on and I finally made it through the schools gates and now all I have to do is walk up the school steps and into the warm building.

            "You okay, Bomi?" Jin asked as I stepped in the school still shivering from the cold.

            "Yeah, I’m fine," I answered, rubbing my arms hoping to create some friction for warmth.

            "No, you're not," he then took off his jacket and placed it on me.

            "Thanks." But I guess to him I still didn't look okay so he put his arm me and pulled me closer to him.

            I blushed. "Jin, we're inside so I'll warm up so your jacket is enough." I was actually more worried about Dasom seeing us together or at least her spies who are everywhere and words gets around fast because of them.

            "Oh, really? Okay then," He let go of me but he looked a little disappointed.

            I looked at him with smile and he smiled back.

 

JIN

            Her smiled made me feel a lot better. I tried to do what Sungmin did that one night that Taehyung apologized to her but I guess it didn't work out as well.

             She doesn't like me after all, I thought as we walked to class together.

 

BOMI

            Sorry Jin for hurting your feelings but it's still awkward around us and I don't even know if we can be together because I also really like Sungmin and having Dasom on my grill every day for liking you, it just won't work out, I thought as we stepped into the classroom.

 

            The bell rang for lunch and Jin, Taehyung, Jimin and I got up and headed toward the door and to my surprise, we found Sungmin waiting outside the door.

            "Hi Bomi!" He greeted me and bowed to the other boys.

            "Hi," I gave him a big grin.

            "May I talk to you in private?" He asked.

            "Umm yeah, you guys can go first I'll catch up later," I said.

            Sungmin walked me to the empty school garden that rarely anyone goes to except me, of course. I go here when I have a hard time, even though, I prefer the rooftop better but anyway I’m curious to what Sungmin wants to talk about.

            "So what would you like talk about with me?" I asked.

 

SUNGMIN

            Come on, we rehearsed this morning you can do it! I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

            I opened my eyes back up. I took Bomi’s hand into my mine. "Bomi, you glow in my eyes and you’re perfect. Honestly, when I met you I had no idea you’d end up meaning so much to me. So I was hoping... do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked. She looked at me with a shocked expression.

 

BOMI

            H-he wants me to be his girlfriend. I can't believe it, I like Sungmin a lot but why don't I feel anything? What do I do? Should I say Yes or No? I don't know, I really like Sungmin in all but…

            "You don't like me do you?" He flat out asked.

            "No, I like you but-" I started.

 

SUNGMIN

            It crushed my heart to say those words and now I have to say more words that will shatter it.

            "It's Jin, isn't it? I see the way he looks at you and the way you look at him," I said and she nodded. "It’s okay." I tried to take like a man and act cool but I feel like everything is crashing down on me.

            I stepped closer to her and hugged her tightly. "I just want you to know that I love you and I care for you." I let go of her but kept my hands on her shoulders. "Also, let’s be close friends from now on, okay? And if anyone gives you any trouble come to me." I turned around and left the scene in tears.

 

BOMI

            I was truly speechless; I stood there frozen. When he touched me, I was like a statue. He said all these kind words to me but in the end, I turned him down for something I might not even have to begin with.

            He then left me standing there dumbfounded. When I finally realized lunch would probably be ending soon, I left and headed towards the cafeteria.

            As I walked in, I caught Sungmin's gaze and it looked as if he cried a bit since his eyes were a little red. I feel really bad breaking his heart.

 

SUNGMIN

            Bomi finally walked in and I guess she caught me staring at her since she looked directly at me. I looked away too scared to let her look at my heartbroken self.

            It was never going to work anyway, nothing matter how close we got I felt we were still distant. I hope you two work out because… he likes you too, I thought and continued to eat my lunch.

 

AUTHOR

            Moments before Bomi walked in, Sungmin roughly wiped away his tears and came into the cafeteria and went straight to Bangtan's table.

            "Umm, Jin can I have a word with you?" Jin asked, trying to keep his coolness as if nothing had happened.

            "Yeah sure," Jin stood up and the boys walked into the empty halls.

            "So..." Sungmin looked down at his feet. "Do you like Bomi?"

            Jin gave Sungmin a weird look. "Of course I do, she’s a wonderful friend."

            “No not as a friend, I mean as a woman.”

            “Yes as a women too.”

            "Good because she likes you too," Sungmin said. Jin held his breath for a moment.

            "What?" Jin choked out to make sure he heard correctly.

            "Yes, she likes you," Sungmin shuffled his feet around.

            "How do you know?" Jin asked.

            "Because I like her too and I confessed to her but she turned me down for you," Sungmin explained.

            "I’m sorry," Jin said he felt a bit guilty for being selfish when Sungmin really liked Bomi.

            "No, it’s alright I can't controll how others feel for other people but if you hurt I will snatch her right back to me, you hear me!" Sungmin said, firmly looking right into Jin's eyes.

            "Don't worry, I won't hurt Bomi in any way possible," Jin responded.

 

            During the time they spent talking to each other, Sungmin told Jin things about Bomi so that he would know more about her.

            “Just to let you know Bomi likes guys with nice soft hair with nice looking hair, good personality, good looking, and smart,” Sungmin said.

            “Really, how’s my hair?” Jin asked and tilted his head towards Sungmin.

           Sungmin rubbed Jin’s head and shrugged. “Mine’s softer.”

            Jin then rubbed Sungmin’s hair. “How do you get your hair so soft?”

            “Well, that’s something I cannot tell you,” Sungmin shoved his hands in his pockets and walked away.

            “Wait, tell me your secret!” And he ran after Sungmin.

            “It’s baby shampoo,” Sungmin whispered.

            “It’s what shampoo?” Jin questioned.

            “Oh, nothing,” Sungmin smiled and continued walking.

 

BOMI

            I took my seat next to Taehyung at the table and just sat there not eating but staring blankly at the table.

            "Are you okay?" Taehyung asked me but I kept staring at the table not even blinking. 

            "Are you not going to eat? Here eat." He put the sandwich to my lips but I didn't move an inch.

            He then ripped off a piece and rammed into my mouth but I didn't chew I didn't care if it got all weird and squishy in my mouth; I’m just too shocked to do or feel anything at the moment.

            I just hope Jin doesn't know I have feelings for him because what if he doesn't like me back or what if Taehyung likes me too? No, if he liked me he wouldn't do all those things he did to me, right? Hopefully, Taehyung doesn't confess to me. I don't know, this is just too much for me to handle right now, I thought.

            The bell rang indicating it’s time to go back to class and I slowly made my way to class but I guess me moping around annoyed Jin so he took my hand and dragged me to back to class.

 

~ Later That Day ~

            I sighed and leaned against the broom I was holding.

            "Why so blue, my little Bomi?" Daehyun asked as he wiped down a table next to me.

            "I don’t know?" I said slowly, staring at the table; it was like time has speed up around me so I couldn’t have time to process what’s going on in my head.

            "Come on, no more daydreaming we have work to do and you need to be paid for actually doing something," he said, I shook my head and slapped myself in the face a couple of times to wake myself up.

            "Bomi dear," Asuna cooed my name. 

            "Yes," I said with no interest at all what she wants to say to me.

            "Sit down please," Asuna said, sitting down at the table Daehyun finished wiping. I did as she said and sat down. "Now tell me everything, I haven't seen you like this in a long time or at least ever since you met Bangtan."

            I basically poured everything out to her but I kept on an emotionless face, I feel as of every system in my body is shutting down. It seem like Daehyun was listening as well.

            “Tsk, tsk I knew that boy was up to no good,” he shook his head and slapped the wet, dirty towel down on the table.

            “Yah, Daehyun!” Asuna shouted at Daehyun for getting her wet with dirty table water.

            "Anyway, it’s just so shocking that I don't how to feel anymore, is it because this is my first time being told someone loves me?" I questioned her.

            "Yah, I told you I loved you," she crossed her arms and pouted.

 

            "But that’s different," I said looking at her.

            "Okay well, I guess it struck you so hard with shock that it basically caused you to be in shocked for the whole day," Asuna explained which is what I basically said.

            "This conversation doesn't help at all but at least I got it out," I said, standing up again.

            "You'll be better tomorrow for sure and then you'll be way better next week," Asuna said, patting my shoulder.

            Yeah, hopefully everything is back to normal and next week is good. Hopefully, nothing bad happens either, I thought as I swept the floor.

==============================

The sixth update of the day!! YAY I'm gonna end here for today and hope to do more tomorrow but if not then the next day. But then again I'm stuck at home for like week so might as well get this finish huh? I hope you guys are enjoying so far and please look forward to more juicy stuff later on. See ya later!