Chapter 16

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

                With every breath I take, it turns into a cloud of condensation. I shivered in the dark cold night and wrapped an arm around myself to keep warm. Should I rent a room for the night? Do I even have enough money? I walked around the streets, only to find small shops.

            Of course, you do. I know but is it worth using? For Buddha’s sake! Quit it. You have so much money and right now it is so worth it! But- No buts! You better use half that money soon or I’m going to kill you myself. Ugh, I’m done talking to you conscience you do nothing but give me a headache.

             Then clouds started to roll in, little drops of water fell one by one. I panicked; stores and shops were beginning to close for the night so I ran to find a safe place. I tripped along the way, my knee was scrapped. Blood ran down my leg and the pain burned at my skin. Tears coursed down my face and I roughly wiped them away.

             I ran to the nearest ally way. I know it's not the safest place to be but right now, I have to find a place to take a cover and be dry. I set my suitcase down on its back and sat on top of it. Instead of staying dry, I got wetter from the spilling water from the gutter above which splattered right down on top of my head.

            Ugh my uniform is getting wet, how am I supposed to dry this by tomorrow? I questioned myself as it poured rain. I'll be here all night, soaking wet, if I keep sitting here but I have nowhere else to go and the nearest hotel is a long ways away.

            I looked down at my knee but it was no use, it was too dark to see anything. I put my head in between my knees and cried my heart out.

            It was mix of tears of joy and tears of sadness. I’m finally free from my hostile parents but where am I to go on this dark, rainy, and cold night.

 

JIN

          We just came out of the karaoke room after singing a variety of different songs for hours just for the fun of it and it was now time to go home.

            "Looks like it's been raining," Hosoek pointed out to the wet ground and buildings that dripped water.

            "We should go again sometime," Jimin said and everyone nodded in agreement.

            Then I heard sniffling almost like crying. "Wait, do you guys hear that?" I asked them.

            "Hear what?" Yoongi asked, looking around to search for the sound.

            "Listen," I whispered and we all listened in.

            We all cupped a hand around an ear and listened in carefully. It was a very soft whimper like what a puppy would make when it's sad and scared but it was a little different almost human-like which is why I want to investigate into it more.

            "I think it's coming from over there," Taehyung said and pointed to a dark alley.

            "It could be just water," Namjoon said.

            "What kind of water sounds like its crying?" I questioned, sarcastically.

            "I don't know," he shot back and I just shook my head at him. "Or a puppy."

            "Come on, let’s go check it out," Jungkook said.

            As we neared the dark alley, I saw a small figure sitting there against the wall with their head in between their knees. I squint to get a better look at the sitting figure but it was just too dark to see.

           "Oh my god, what is that?" Jimin hid behind Jungkook upon seeing the figure.

            Well, this is person and they're wearing a skirt so it's a girl.

            As we walked closer, I looked at the girl's outfit and it was a school uniform. I searched from a far any indication of what school she may go to.

            Wait, I think that’s our school uniform! Hold on, I think I recognize her now. "Bomi, is that you?" I questioned as we got close to her.

            She looked up at us and it was Bomi, I immediately ran over to her. "Bomi! What are you doing out here in the freezing cold? Are you okay?"           

            She didn't say anything but her eyes said it all. She stared intently in eyes as if she were trying to tell me everything that is bothering her but she couldn’t. She then engulfed me into a hug.

            “What’s wrong?” I whispered to her. She responded by shaking her head and burying her face into my chest.

 

BOMI

          I heard someone call my name so I looked up and there was Bangtan looking at me as if I was some mystical creature. Jin came running over to me and asked me a whole bunch of questions; I didn't say anything to him I just looked up into his eyes. I don't know what came over to me but I engulfed him in a hug and whispered a thank you to him. I just felt grateful that he found me to protect me.

            "Bomi, you're all wet," Jin said and I let go.

            "Sorry," I said and back away.

            "It's okay, we need to take you somewhere to be dry," Jin said, getting up. "I'm taking you home with me." He took my hand and I got up grabbed my suitcase which was then taken by Taehyung.

            “Bomi, are you bleeding?” Yoongi asked me. I hid my bad leg behind my good knee and looked away.

            “Get on,” Jin squatted down and I climbed onto him. The rest of the way Jin was giving me a piggy-back ride. He felt very warm and I couldn't help but let out a small smile as I leaned my head down onto his shoulder.

 

TAEHYUNG

          Since Jin took Bomi away with him (even though, that should have been me), I might as well be generous and take Bomi’s luggage which surprising isn’t that heavy despite it being a large suitcase.

            “Hey Namjoon, you want to carry this?” I asked him already getting tired of dragging the large object behind me.

            “You grabbed it so it’s now your responsibility,” he replied back.

            I shrugged and thought; if I take it for her she’ll thank me and possibly go out with me, right?

 

BOMI

          It was at least a fifteen minute walk to Bangtan's house when we finally reached the small house.

            “Sit down here first,” Jin let me down on a small couch. “I’ll be right back.”

            Jin came back with a small first aid kit; he kneeled down in front of me and cleaned off my wound with an alcohol pad which stung like crazy. 

            “It’s only going to hurt for a bit so stay strong,” he assured me. He then placed a bandage over the wound.

            “Thank you,” I quietly said. He took my hand and walked me over to somewhere in the house.

            "Here’s the bathroom so you can change out of your uniform," Jin said and handed me my luggage. 

            "Thanks," I said, shutting the door and locked it.

            I looked at myself in the mirror and I was a mess; my hair was wavy and drenched in rain water, my eyes were red and puffy. I feel a bit embarrassed looking this way. I stripped from my wet uniform and put on a pair of joggers and a t-shirt.

            After changing, I just stared at myself in the mirror. Should I ask if I can stay here for a few nights until I get my own place or should I ask to call SUngmin?  I looked down at the crumpled number in my hands.

            "Call me if you need me." Sungmin's words went around my head. But then again, I'm already here with Bangtan and staying with Sungmin, (Someone I rejected for someone else that I might not have a chance with) I feel more comfortable with him.

            "Are you alright, Bomi?" I hear Jin say behind the door. I walk over and opened the door which revealed Jin in a pair of gray sweats and a black V-neck t-shirt. 

            "Thanks for letting me change," I said and pushed back my hair behind my shoulders.

            "No problem," he said.

            There was an awkward silence. I closed my eyes for a bit, I have made up my mind on what I'm going to do. I crumpled the number into my pants pocket and looked up at Jin.

            "Jin, do you think I can… Stay here for a few nights?" I asked.

            "Of course, you can," He said with a wide smile.

            "Really, are you sure?" I asked still unsure. He probably needed to ask the others first before making the decision of me staying here is okay.

            "Um, wait here, just let me ask the others first," He then left me still waiting by the bathroom door.

            Maybe, I should have called Sungmin. They won’t let me stay here since they will have to feed another mouth. I sighed and waited patiently for Jin’s return.

 

JIN

          Bomi just asked if she can stay a few nights and I said yes automatically. It made me so jubilant to know she wants to stay here! I walked into the kitchen which was where all the other boys were. They were huddled around the counter snacking on a bag of chips.

            "Hey guys," I greeted as I walked into their little gathering at the counter.

            "Hey person who lives in the same eact house and I see everyday," Hoseok greeted back to me. I raised and eyebrow at him and he shruged

            “How’s Bomi’s knee?” Jungkook asked.

            “I cleaned and bandaged it up so it should be fine and heal quickly,” I replied.

            “Where is she now?” Yoongi asked.

            “I left her waiting by the bathroom but… umm; do you think Bomi can stay here for a few days?" I asked and I see their eyes widen.

            “What? She wants to stay here?" Alex questioned and I nodded. “But why?”

TAEHYUNG

          My eyes widen as I heard Bomi wants to stay here. She's keeping her promise, she’s coming back to me, I thought, happily.

             "I'm fine with it," I said, shrugging my shoulders acting as if I don’t really care but in reality, my heart inside of me is bouncing around.

 

JIN

          Yes! The youngest one agrees with me but I'm not sure if he will treat Bomi right if she stays here, I thought.

            "Hmm, I don't know," Jungkook said, tilting his head to the side. "She will be living with just guys."

            “It’s either here or she might want to go see Sungmin which this is almost like saying I'm not treating her right which Sungmin will take her back and he gave me a chance to be with her.” This would've been my answer but I wasn't sure if Bomi could hear us or not and I didn't want the others to know I like Bomi, especially, Taehyung since there’s something fishy about that boy.

            "I think this answer all relies on the oldest," Yoongi said pointing to Hoseok.

            "Please Hoseok Hyung, I don't think she has anywhere else to go," I implored. I cupped my hands together and pouted my lips.

            "Fine, she can stay," he responded and munched on a piece of chip.

            "Thank you so much, Hoseok," I said and turned around to go tell Bomi.

            "Wait," he said and I stopped in my tracks. "Bring her here first."

            I nodded and walked back to Bomi and brought her into the kitchen.

            "Bomi, you can stay here," her eyes widen with happiness. "But what are your reasons for needing a place?" He crossed his arms looking at her.

            I never really seen Hoseok like this he’s usually a chill guy and let’s things slide; I wonder why he’s being so serious? I looked closely at his face to find any hints but to no avail; Hoseok truly is one interesting guy.

 

BOMI

          Hoseok sounds like a strict father right now so it scared me a little. Why is he being so serious right now? I never really had seen him this way before.

             I was happy that he accepted but now he was asking why I asked to stay.

            Maybe I had better chances with Sungmin, I thought as I bit lip thinking of the answer even though I already knew what it was.

            "I got kicked out by my parents," I responded.

            "What? Why can't you just go back?" he questioned obviously confused.

            "Because I can't, they won't let me," I snapped through gritted teeth.

            "Why?"

            He actually making me a little pissed, I started to tense up. Why can’t he just understand my situation and that I don’t want to tell him!

            "Hey, why don’t we go see your room," Jin said, taking me away from the tense situation.

 

HOSEOK

            It’s not that I’m bothered by Bomi staying with us. It’s-it’s because I find it interesting why she wants to stay with us so suddenly and why she was there right when we got out of the karaoke room but I'm not also trying to say she followed us, it's just that it's such a weird coincidence. So I thought, maybe if I pushed it a little she’d tell me why but obviously, it was actually pissing her off. I let it slide but sooner or later, she will tell us and I must be patient to hear her answer.

 

JIN

          I can see Bomi tensing up from Hoseok questioning her so I decided to get her out of the tense atmosphere. I guess whatever happened between her and her parents it ended badly and it’s not a good time to ask what happened.

            "No one really uses this room so you can use is it for the time being," I said, opening the door and taking her inside.

            “I know you said no one uses this room but how do you guys sleep?” She asked, confused. Probably since our house is a small one story home, you would think it's a small home but you kind of have to go on an adventure to find different rooms around the house.

             "Well, a few of us share rooms like there’s Hoseok and Namjoon, Yoongi and I, Jimin and Jungkook then Taehyung has his own room." I explained. “But just letting you know we actually have seven rooms in this house.”

            “What, really?” She questioned, shocked.

            “Yep, as you heard me explain there are the five rooms and now the two other rooms were a little tricky to find until one little curious guy, Jimin, found a sliding door hidden within the wall then the attic counts as another,” I replied. "Old houses hide so many secrets."

            “Wow, the things you find,” she said, giving me a small smile.

            "I'll leave now so you can get some rest," I said but before I left, she engulfed me in another hug and I tensed up at the sudden skinship but relaxed getting comfortable in her hold.

 

TAEHYUNG

      I was about to visit Bomi when I saw those two hugging. My blood began to boil at the sight of them I stomped my way into my room and shut the door.

            She's mine, Jin! I thought angrily as I jumped into bed.

 

JIN

            "Thank you so much and I promise I'll tell you everything later," she whispered in my ear and I hugged her back.

            "You're welcome, now get some rest," we released. She stood on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek and with that I shut her door tightly and leaned against the door with a gigantic smile on my smile.

            I touched my cheek and smiled again and giggled.

            I can’t believe she just kissed me! This must be a head start of having my chance, I just have to get around Taehyung somehow, I thought as I headed into my room and, of course, Yoongi would already be knocked out.

 

BOMI

          I leaned against the wall and thought about what I just did. I can’t believe I just kissed him!

            I slapped my cheek a couple times, I don’t know what just came over me but I feel glad I did so. I slipped into the bed that was already in the room.

            So this is what a bed feels like, I thought as I wrapped my blanket around me.

            Soon my eyes started to droop down instead of forcing them to stay opened; I shut them tightly and fell asleep.