Chapter 20

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            Time is going by quickly which is good. I will soon graduate and there will be no more bulling from others and I can live my life filled with happiness and the one thing I hope for to find – Love.

             Every day after school, I would walk home with Bangtan and Sungmin since my house was towards Bangtan's house but close to Sungmin's as well. So I would walk with Bangtan when I go home but to school it would sometimes be just me and Sungmin since we walk a different direction which is more towards Sungmin's house and away from Bangtan’s house. Confusing, I know but hey, it works.

            Even though I'm not living with Bangtan anymore, I still get beat up for hanging out with them. Dasom would drag me to a bathroom or a dark hallway and kick me down into the ground until I can’t move anymore. I tried to stay a little longer after school with Sungmin so they could go on their own but it seems that Bangtan are always waiting to walk with me. 

 

            Finally, spring was just around the corner. Spring is my favorite season since it doesn’t get too hot and it doesn’t get too cold, it’s just right.

            Today on my weather app, it says there’s going to be plenty of sun today so there’s no need on putting a jacket on. I walked out into the fresh moist air; I took a deep breath and began my walk to school. Then everything went black. I panicked.

            "Who are you?" I shook with fear.

            "Hmm, guess?" He said with a small laugh.

            "Yah, I nearly had a heart attack!" I shouted as I turned around to hit Sungmin on his chest, he laughed.

            "Sorry, say you're out early," he said walking along side me.

            "Yeah, well, I just wanted to get to school a little bit early today," I replied. "What about you?"

            "Oh um... Well, the air was nice so I thought I'd step out for a bit but I figured, hey, why not go to school now," I could tell he was lying but I just brushed it. "Wait a minute, look at me again?"

            I gave him a confused look and he just stared at my face. He then cupped my face with his hands.

            “What are you-?”

            "Who did this to you?" He questioned with a serious tone but I was still confused so I took out my phone and looked at my reflection and I had a big bruise on the left side of my left eye. I gasped at the sight and hid my face.

            "Who did this to you?" He questioned again, sternly.

            "No one, I fell out of bed last night," I answered remembering what had happened yesterday.

            "Try again," he said, crossing his arms.

            "Fine, it was Dasom," I answered looking down. “Isn’t it obvious?”

            "Again!" I nodded. "I swear I'm going to teach that girl a lesson myself!" He marched off angrily.

            "No Sungmin, I don’t want you to get hurt because of me," I begged, catching up with him.

            "What? Me get hurt by Miss Perfection?" He laughed but I wasn't laughing.

            "She knows people like Dujoon who is willing to beat up anyone," I answered, clinging onto his arm as a tear rolled down my cheek.

            "Fine, I won’t but if she doesn't stop I will do something and you can't do anything about it," he crossed his arms and walked off.

            This time I laughed since he was doing some weird catwalk. I ran up and caught up with him again.

 

            "Why are you coming to school again with Bangtan?" Dasom yelled as she slapped me in the face, right where she slapped me last time that left a large bruise. "You think just bringing Sungmin along is going to help!"

             Tears flowed down my face; I couldn’t hold it in anymore. "But you should be lucky to be alive now that I know you're not living with them anymore."

            A teacher than walked in and Minah release her tight grip on me so I took a moment to take a deep breath.

            "Aww Bomi, he wasn't meant for you, you deserve better," Dasom said and hugged me which I guess convinced the teacher and she walked into the Teachers' bathroom. "Like I said stay away from them," she whispered as she let go of me and with that I raced out of the bathroom.

            "Bomi, are you okay? Why are you always like this in the morning?" Taehyung asked me as I took a seat down on my stool.

            "I'm just having really bad nightmares in the morning," I lied and shook my head in annoyance over his stupidity.

            "Do want me to stay over?" He asked and I stared at him, he then realized what he had said. "I mean do you want us to stay with you?"

            "Oh no, that’s okay," I said, shaking my head and giving a small smile.

            "Ah okay," he said with a disappointed look. I don't know why but I feel nowadays I really dislike Taehyung.

             I feel he's a bit clingy or obsessed with me. He’s always trying to hold my hand (which I pretend that I don't feel his hand touching mine even if I do pull away quickly), he tries to squeeze his head next to mine when the boys and I are looking at something, he always says me or I and then changes it to us like what he just did earlier. It seriously does annoy me, not to be mean or anything but I wish he wouldn't be this clingy. 

            Anyway, I don't know why but during the lessons, I kept on tearing up. I'm not usually like this in the morning but the tears just kept flowing like a river. Mrs. Chan was beginning to worry but I just lied and said that I had seasonal allergies.

 

            When it was time for lunch, we headed out of the classroom and headed towards the cafeteria. "Come back to the classroom, don't go to gym!" Mrs. Chan called out to us before we left.

            "Are you okay?" Jin asked, putting his arm around my shoulders; I slid his arm off and took a step away from him.

            "I'm fine," I answered. "I'm just going to go to the restroom first."

            "Okay," he said and walked away.

            I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was pale and my eyes were red and puffy. I rinsed my face with cold water.

            As I walked out, I was tripped by no other than Miss Perfection. I got back up and dusted off the dust on my skirt.

            Why do I always go to the bathroom at the wrong time? I thought.

            "I think Sungmin is waiting for you to sit next to him," she said with a smirk. "Oh and by the way you still look terrible as ever."

             I quickly walked away to the cafeteria. When I arrived, I looked around for Sungmin or at least Speed but they weren't there. My shoulders deflated and I sat down next to Jin.

            "Are you sure you're okay?" Jin questioned again and I nodded. "Are you going to eat?"

            I shook my head. "I'm just going to sleep." He nodded and moved his tray over. I put my head down on the table and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

~ Bomi’s Dream ~

            "Hey, Bomi catch!" Eric yelled and kicked the ball towards me.

            "Oh hey, where am I?" I asked him as I caught the soccer ball in my hands and dropped it on the ground.

            "We're home silly," he walked up to me and ruffled up my hair before picking up the soccer ball.

            "Home?" I gave Eric a confused look.

            "Yeah, remember we said we would be together forever?" He questioned me.

            "Yeah but..."

            "But what, Bomi? We are finally free, you're finally free!" He spread his arms out and ran around the yard.

            "Free?" I placed a finger in my chin and grinned. "I'm free, I'm free!" I then did what Eric was doing and we both chased each other around the yard of our home. We then both collapsed on the ground.

            "Wait, Eric how did I get here?" I asked him out of breath.

            "How am I supposed to know?" His voice trembled a bit. 

            I sat up and looked at him. "Because you're always watching me from above," I replied.

            "Oh right... Um… well, the words you last said were I'll just leave," he answered. "But that doesn’t matter at least we are together now right?"

            I just stared at him confused.

            "Bomi, Bomi!"

~ End of Dream ~

 

JIN

          The other boys left and I stayed back to watch Bomi so nothing bad happens to her. As she slept I stared at her angelic face.

            "Why'd you lie? It's obvious that you weren't crying because of nightmares unless you were trying to tell the truth to say that Dasom is the nightmare. And you can't hide your wounds from me," I whispered and pushed back her hair to where the bruise was hidden.

            She moved her head the other way. I snapped my hand back and froze. She murmured the word free as she moved her head. "Are you thinking of the free candy from that old woman who sells the little toys and couple bracelets at her stand?" I laughed.

            The bell rang informing students to head back to their classroom so I tried waking up Bomi.

            "Bomi, Bomi!" I shook her softly. She lifted up her head and squint her eyes at me. "It's time to go to class."

            "Oh okay, thanks for waking me up," she said rubbing her eyes which were still puffy.

            I put my arm around her shoulders since from her sleepiness; she kept stumbling like a drunken person. I was glad that this time, she didn't push my arm away.

 

BOMI

          As we walked into the class, I gently pushed Jin's arm away and sat down at my seat. I was still confused what my dream meant but I feel that whatever I did was good, thought, I'm not so sure about it.

             I shook my head and turned my attention to Mrs. Chan who ordered us to skip gym and come back to class.

            "Okay, I know you are supposed to go to gym now but we have to talk about exams coming," she announced and everyone groaned.

            "Calm down, this is finally you're last exams until college at least but whatever. Anyway, for the rest of the remaining months of the school year, we still will learn new subjects and we will have practice exams and quizzes here and there."

            I hate exams. They are just meaningless tests that you have to be taken in order to pass the grade and I'm only saying this since the test are so easy (for me they are). After she talked about the exams for a bit, she asked us if we had any questions and there were none. 

            "Oh and I have even better news!" She said with a wide smile. "This year for our honors senior students, we are going on a camping trip!" Everyone gasped and started to whisper exciting things to each other.

            "We are going in May so I am handing permission slips now since we have a hundred or so honor seniors and you know how hard it is to keep track of all those, especially, when you are the one to keep track of it. Also, I will hand out some index cards for you to pick out your camping cabin partners. There are four in a cabin so pick three other friends you want to be with, I don't care who you choose even if they are from a different honors class, I may have to move you guys around so I am sorry that you don’t get that person you want and please girls choose girls and guys choose guys."

             Well, I am not going because no one ever chooses me to be their partner and all the girls basically dislike me so there is no use of going to stupid things like this, I thought as I doodled on the permission slip.

             I can't get a parent's signature either.

            "It's a two day and one night trip in the woods. Don’t worry, there are cabins with beds. They're actually really nice cabins and not far from the beach too!"

            "Are there rules?" Some kid raised his hand and asked.

            "Of course, you guys have to follow the basic school rules like no smoking, drinking, bullying and stuff like that, however, you can do whatever else you want as long as you follow the school rules. What this mean is you can go to the beach without asking permission, go on a hike, sit and sleep in your cabin for all I care. There may be some special activities the staff and I have planned but I doubt it and then you guys have to make sure to come to breakfast, lunch, and dinner on time," she explained. "Now, please write down that you would like as your partners and place it on my desk. Afterwards, just do whatever you want. Oh and Jaesun, can you come outside with me for a moment?"

            I watched Jin let out a confused look and left the room. I stared blankly at my permission slip and index card.

            "Who are you going to choose?" Taehyung asked me.

            "I'm not going," I said.

            "What? How come?" He asked.

            "Because one, no one wants to be in a cabin with me and two, I need a parent signature," I explained to him.

            "Mrs. Chan wants to see you, Bomi," Jin said returning to his seat.

            I stood up and walked to Mrs. Chan. "Yes, Mrs. Chan?" I said.

            "So I recently learned about your family situation from the staff office when I was sending out report cards and if you want to go on this trip, I would be more than happy to sign the permission slip for you," she said with a kind smile.

             "And I may not know what's going on with this school and you but I can tell you and the other girls don't really “click” together since I've never seen you hang out with any of them so if it makes you feel any better, I will allow you to pick boys in your group."

            "Really, you will allow me to do this?" I questioned her.

            "Yes, of course, anything for my favorite student!" She gave me a hug and I returned it.

            When I got back in my seat and began writing down some names.

Jin

Sungmin

Jimin

            I got up and placed my index card on Mrs. Chan's desk, she gave me a warming smile and I returned a smile back to her.

            "Are you going to the trip, Bomi?" Jin asked as he filled out his permission slip.

            "Yep, I’m going," and I did the same.

            "What? I thought you weren't going?" Taehyung sounded a bit pissed since I said yes to Jaesun and no to him.

            Well, I'm sorry that I can't make up my mind and then all of a sudden some opportunity pops up and then I make my decision.

            "Well, I changed my mind since Mrs. Chan said that she would sign it for me," I said.

            "Oh, who did you choose?" Jin asked.

            "I don't know, I just left it blank," I lied and shrugged my shoulders.

            "Oh okay," Jin said. 

 

~ End of Class ~

            "I’m going to walk home with Sungmin because I have something to talk about with him so you guys don't have to wait for me, just go on ahead," I told Jin.

            "Alright, I'll see you later," he said and gave me hug. I walked out of the classroom and headed to go see Sungmin.

            "Oh, hey Bomi," he said shoving a notebook into his backpack.

            "Hey can we walk the other way to home?" I asked him.

            "Oh, yeah sure," he happily said, he slung his backpack onto his shoulder and took my hand and lead me outside. "Is it because of Dasom that you don't want to walk with Bangtan?"

            I nodded and showed him that the bruise has worsened.

             "I understand for some reason she leaves you alone more often when we hang out with each other," he said.

            When I got home, I bid Sungmin goodbye and slipped my shoes off as I stepped inside. I finished my homework in a matter of minutes then I pounced on my bed. It wasn't planned I fell asleep.

            I suddenly woke up with a jolt. I squinted at my phone to check the time, it was eight o'clock, I had the same dream that I had earlier today and it was completely the same no new information.

            “Ugh, what the heck,” I shrugged it off once more. “I’ll go take a hot shower to get my mind off it.”

            I stood up from the bed and head into the bathroom. “Ahh… that’s better!”

            Once I finished, I climbed back into bed and drifted off to sleep.

=========================================================

6 updates today!!!! That's all for today and I would go on but we're almost nearing an end but don't be sad because there are still more chapters to come!!