Chapter 10

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

JIN

            "Why isn't Bomi here yet? I told her to meet us at the skate deck at two and it’s now three," I looked down at my phone again.

             We waited outside the building even though there was actually barely anyone at the skate deck today; we decided to wait for Bomi outside.

            I wish you had a phone or a way where we can keep in contact; I thought and gripped my phone tightly in my hand.

            "Maybe she’s mad at us for something we’ve done," Taehyung said, sadly looking down.

            "What?" I narrowed my eyes at him. “What did you do, Taehyung?”

            "I lied that day when I was all wet. I was actually in the pool," he said.

            "Why were you in a pool?" Yoongi asked.

            "Because I was saving Bomi," he said.

            "B-Bomi? You were saving Bomi?" I questioned him.

            He nodded. "Dujoon threw her in the deep end and so I went in to save her."

            "And how does this explain why she might not be coming?" Hoseok questioned folding his arms.

            "I kind of yelled at her after I saved her," He said.

            "And why was that?" I asked, balling my fist.

            "Because she asked why I saved her and she was prepared to die and be happy and I snapped at her. Why she would leave me? She was going to leave and leave me alone just like how my mom left me!" He raised his voice and tears dripped down his face.

            "Well our parents were cruel as ever but they never died!" Hoseok said.

            "I loved my mom but she hated me and she left me!" He screamed. “That’s how everyone solves their problem, isn’t it? When someone hates you, they runaway and never return.” He then fell to his knees and crumpled into a ball and cried.

 

AUTHOR

            Taehyung was the most affected when all of their parents abandoned them.

            All their parents were the best of friends and so when they were only eighteen years old they decided to live with each other. After living there for a while, seven little baby boys popped into their lives but their parents were only in their 20s meaning they were still teens. They would go party and get drunk they were liked that ever since Bangtan were toddlers.

            They would leave Bangtan at home all by themselves which left them to take care of themselves or at least Hosoek did- being the oldest in all. So even if they aren’t blood related, they considered themselves brothers for sticking together and being there for each other.

            The boys hated their parents very much even at a young age. People don’t understand that children can hate things. They think they just dislike it for a short period of time but for Bangtan it was real hate except there was Taehyung, who loved his mother dearly but his mother hated him.

            She would ignore the little boy or yell at him to go away; nevertheless, Taehyung would go running back in hopes to jump into his mother’s arms. Then came that one day where he just fell apart and he couldn’t bear to hear the mention of his parents.

             They were only ten years old at the time; they arrived to an empty home and a note that read:

Dear stupid kids,

          We have left, don't miss us or worry about us cause we sure aren’t going to worry about you. We have figured out that you kids are ruining our freedom even if we are 30-years-old now, we still can have our youth without you. So do whatever you want and don’t come find us either.

            After Yoongi read this, everyone was shocked especially Taehyung who was already on the floor crying for his mother. Some of the boys started to tear up because they all wondered who was going to support them. How were they going to pay for rent?

            “Hey, guys what’s this?” Jimin picked a rather large yellow envelope that was stuffed to the max. Hoseok took it out the little boy’s hand and read a second note that was written.

            So you kids don't starve or when the rent comes in, we’ve been saving this for the ten years you've come and ruined our lives. Use it wisely or however you useless kids want to use it for.

            Inside contained bundles of cash, even though it was a great amount of money, they found a good restaurant to work at to earn even more money.

            Despite scrubbing dishes for almost five hours every day for three months, they still did not have enough to pay for the rent. Their parents never paid the rent for eight months so the bill was so high it was enough to buy a motorboat. They were soon kicked out by the landlord and were left on the streets to fend themselves until an old women found them and took them in with her.

            As nature took its course and the old women passed way two years later and the boys were left with her house and belongings. Not knowing what to do with her items, they sold it to make a little extra cash. They felt terrible for selling her stuff but what else could they do.

            During all these years, Taehyung was never the same. He cried every day locked up inside his room and only came out for the bathroom and for his plate of food but he rarely ate due to his depression state.

             This also meant he did not go to school but to keep him from being held back, the old women (before she passed) came up with an excused that Taehyung was very ill and that he was not able to go to school and that his brothers will be able to take the work to him and back so with that the boys all took turns doing all his homework and tests.

            Taehyung successfully finished elementary school despite not going at all. In middle school, Taehyung finally decided to go to school but he would just stay close to his older brothers and stay silent. He was the quiet one, didn’t meet any friend or say hi to anyone. Taehyung just wanted to be alone.

            In seventh grade, he started to forget about his parents and he got back to his happy and crazy self, once in a while he would get back into his depressed self. But everyone was happy that their youngest brother was back to normal.

            But one day in eight grade year, Jin, Yoongi, and Taehyung went grocery shopping when they spotted Taehyung's parents. Sadness took over his body again but in a totally different way. He started being a total player in eighth and ninth grade. Bringing girls home with him or even sneaking out to the clubs to go meet girls. He never drank though but he still was taking this situation the wrong way.

            The boys soon learned that Taehyung was only doing this because he felt no one loved him even though he had Bangtan, he still didn't feel it. A big hole was in his heart that needed to be filled up but it couldn’t be seal so he dated many girls to feel love again.

            The boys explained all this to Taehyung which caused Taehyung to be furious so he locked himself in his room once again and became violent.

            The boys banged on the door, yelling, telling him to stop. He trashed the room, he ripped out the bed sheets, curtains, papers, and books lay everywhere, it was as if a tornado hit. As he was ripping out books from the bookshelf, one book in particular caught his attention.

            Back in elementary school, Yoongi used to share a room with Taehyung but Yoongi couldn’t handle being in a room with him sinceYoongi couldn’t do anything at all. All the lights had to be off since it bugged Taehyung. He couldn’t play music since it was too noisy for Taehyung. Everything Yoongi did bothered Taehyung so he packed up his belongings and moved into a room with Jin.

            He picked up the flimsy notebook and ran his fingers against the wrinkled up cover. Taehyung found one of Yoongi’s song books; he rapidly flipped through the blank book until he found a page with random drawings and squiggly lines.

            “Taehyung, please open up the door!” Namjoon screamed.

            “Are you okay? Taehyung, please tell us you are okay!” Jungkook cried.

            Taehyung ignores their calls for answers. "Tomorrow,” he leaned against the wall and began reading the lyrics neatly written, although, having scribbles decorating the border of the page.

Same day, same moon
24/7 every moment repeats
My life is in between
Jobless twenty-something’s are afraid of tomorrow
It’s funny, you think anything
is possible when you’re a kid
When you feel how hard it is to get through a day
Keep feeling like the
“Control” beat, keep downloading it
Every single day is a repetition of ctrl+c, ctrl+v

 

I have a long way to go but
why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration
but the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will
be different from today
I’m just wishing

 

Follow your dream like a breaker
Even if it breaks down, oh better
Follow your dream like a breaker
Even if it breaks down,
don’t ever run backwards, never

Because the dawn right before
the sun rises is the darkest
Even in the far future,
never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now,
you’re just taking a break
Don’t give up, you know

Don’t get too far away, tomorrow
don’t get far away, tomorrow
don’t get too far away, tomorrow…

 

            After reading this, Taehyung realized that he is fighting a useless war and he should just stop and take a step towards his dream, he doesn’t know what his dream is but it’s there somewhere, waiting for him to reach up and touch it.

            The next following school year, Taehyung took this chance to start as a whole new person. He was happy, crazy, and very cheerful and he turned out to be a very popular student at school alongside his brothers. However, there were some days that he didn't stop thinking about his mother no matter how much he despises her now.

             So from then on, the boys called themselves Bangtan which means bulletproof. They were all being bulletproof throughout their sufferings. They didn’t let their hardships bring them down.

 

TAEHYUNG

            I couldn't hold any of my feelings in anymore so I let them out by curling up into a ball and cried as hard as I could.

            "It’s okay, Taehyung," Hoseok said trying to comfort me by rubbing my back.

            "Mom, Mom!" I cried, I wiped my tears away but the tears kept flowing.

            "Come on, let's go home. Obviously, what Taehyung did probably scared Bomi and she won’t be coming any time soon," Yoongi said.

             I slowly got up and we made our way back to our home. When we got back, I dragged myself into my bedroom and crawled under the blankets and cried again.

 

BOMI

                There was no way I was going to face Taehyung today. I felt too scared to see him. I was also afraid he might yell at me again so I stayed back but I'm worried I hurt the others’ feelings since I didn't show up and I might as well just try to ignore them so I don't get more hurt myself.

            But how long can I keep it up? I thought. Or maybe, I should hang out with Sungmin more, I'm pretty sure Dasom doesn't care about Speed, hopefully she doesn’t? I nodded to myself.

            Starting on Monday I will hang out with Velocity instead of Bangtan. I’m sorry; I thought sadly and returned to the dry cleaners to pick up my clean uniform.

            “Thank you so much again,” I said with a smile.

            “Ah it’s okay, you keep this business running,” the male worker joked.

            “Ha-ha, you’re welcome I guess,” I rubbed my nape in embarrassment.

            “You should get home soon, it’s already 9:30, I’m sure you have school tomorrow and it’s almost time for finals so you better get studying,” he informed me.

            “Okay, thank you,” I bowed and turned around and opened the door.

            As I stepped out, a cool breeze blew through the air making the trees and leaves rustle around me. I looked over to my left and a couple doors down I see the pink and brown sign.

            Should I see Sungmin? No, maybe he’s not working right now. I shook my head and turned to leave.

            “Bomi, is that you?”

            I turned around to see Sungmin closing the door to the Bakery and locking it up for the night. “Oh, hey Sungmin!”

            “Hey, what are you doing up this late with your uniform?” He asked, walking over to me.

            “Oh, just picking it up at the dry cleaners since I fell in the pool as you know,” I pointing up to the dry cleaners sign.

            “Oh I see, shall I walk you home or something?” He asked me.

            I thought about it for a moment. “Oh no, that’s okay,” I gave me a small smile even though I actually wanted him to walk me home.

            “Okay, I’ll see you at school then,” he said.

            “See you later,” I nodded and we left heading in different directions.

            “Wait,” he called out to me.

            “Yes?”

            “Never mind, goodnight,” he smiled and I smiled back.

            I wonder what he was going to say, I thought as I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling. Well, I just see him tomorrow and see how things work between us and his best friends.

 

SUNGMIN

          Oh my goodness Sungmin! Why must you get so nervous that you can’t even ask a girl if she wants to have lunch together tomorrow at school! I thought as I pushed the door open to my house.

            My phone rang right as I stepped inside. “Hello? Mom?”

            I walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge to find, of course, nothing. “Uh-huh, I’m eating well, yes three meals a day. Mom, why do you tell me to eat three meals a day and then tell me not to gain weight?” I shut the fridge door closed and rolled my eyes.

            “What? No, I don’t have a girlfriend ugh, Mom, can you listen to me for just once!”

===================================

Yassss double update! Hehe I hope you guys are enjoying this so far