Chapter 22

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

JIN

            I waited for Bomi at the front of the school, yet, she never showed up and I know she still has to be here at school because Sungmin was walking by himself. As time passed by, I see some girls walking out. Sadly, it was just Dasom and few other girls.

            Wait a minute! Dasom never stays after school.

            I ran inside hoping to see Bomi anywhere but there was no sign of her. I walked along the halls calling out her name when I saw a little pink sticky note all crumpled up. I picked it up and unfolded it.

            What would you do if I left without saying goodbye?

          I gasped and covered my mouth. “No, Bomi…”

             I noticed up ahead there were small drops of blood on the ground, there wasn't much but it was enough for me to follow.

            Please Bomi be safe!

 

AUTHOR

          Bomi stepped onto the ledge and looked down at the ground with trembling legs; she took a deep breath of the fresh, icy cold, spring air. She looked up at the blue sky which seemed to be covered with light gray clouds. 

            She let out a small laugh. So this is what you meant by saying that I'm now free, isn't it, Eric?

            "You know, I can endure not eating three meals a day, I can endure the coldness of the winter but what I can't endure is the pain I feel every day from people who hurt me and burdening others because of me. So I don't feel pain anymore or burden anyone else, I'll-I'll just leave," she let out a couple tears and took in a few shaky breaths.

            "Bo-Bomi, what are you doing?" Jin's voice stuttered from the sight of Bomi. He walked closer to her.

            "Don't come closer to me o-or I'll jump," sadness flowed through Bomi’s words.

            "Bomi, don't do it, it's not worth it. Please," Jin implored on the edge of tears. "People need you in this world!"

            "It'll be better if I died. Isn't that what everyone wants? Everything would be better if I was gone," Bomi looked straight ahead. Her hands trembled in trepidation.

            "No… Please…" Jin’s voice drifted away as he saw the wall building in between them before his eyes.

            "I’m just not meant to be in this hateful world anymore," She closed her eyes. "I'm sorry Jin." One last tear ran down her cheek as she lifted one foot off.

            With all the fear and adrenaline Bomi felt; she was drowned into complete dark and fell right down –

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           

            Into Jin's arms.

            Jin sat on the floor with Bomi's head leaning against his chest. Bomi’s breaths were uneven as her chest heaved up and down. He caressed Bomi's cheek; tears dripping down his own cheeks. “Bomi, don’t you realize the world isn’t hateful, it’s the people in it,” raindrops patted down onto his head, he looked up to see the sky completely filled with crying clouds.

             "I’m so sorry; I don't have the courage to confess to you yet. As long as I'm here, you'll be safe in my arms," he pulled Bomi closer to him and kissed her forehead.

 

BOMI

        It was Saturday morning when I woke up to the rays of light shining through my window; I sat up to find myself in my bed – Alive.

            "Why'd I wake up?" I asked myself. "I was supposed to be free from this hateful world."

             I felt movement beside me. I looked over and there was Jaesun sleeping soundly beside me. Why is he here? Did he catch me before I fell? Does he really care for me or is he just here to see me get beat up again by Dasom? I started to cry from all the sadness that came over me.

            "Shh, it's okay," Jin sat up and wrapped his arms around me but I pushed him away. 

            I sprang up from the bed. "Why'd you do it? Why'd you save me? I could of been free, I couldn't been happy, pain free!" I said with tears coursing down my face. I was blaming him for saving a life. For saving my life.

            "I did because I care for you," Jin said, staying calm. He stood up from the bed and reached out to me. I stepped back away from him.

            "You don't know how much pain I'm going through, Jin!" I yelled and pointed at him.

            "No, I don't but I'm here to change that," he said and again wrapped his strong arms around me, sitting me on the bed. “You’re allowed to scream all you want. You’re allowed to cry to your heart’s extent but you are not allowed to ever give up.”

            This time, I didn't push away and let him hold me while I buried my face in his chest. I felt secure in his arms, his warmth radiated around us like a shield. I felt protected once again in his embrace and with that I fell asleep.

 

JIN

          When Bomi fell back asleep, I let out a deep sigh. I will try my best to stick by your side no matter happens, you will be safe. I laid her down on her pillow and got out from bed. I walked into her little kitchen and looked around for anything to cook with. Instead, I found empty drawers and cabinets filled with dust; I got out my phone and ordered some Chinese food.

            I leaned against the wall and slid down onto the wood floor. Will Bomi ever understand my feelings for her, when will she understand when I said, "People need you in this world" what I really meant was that I need her in my world. I sat there thinking quietly to myself until I heard a knock at the door.

            The food has finally arrived. Bomi has only been sleeping for thirty minutes, I don't really think I should wake her up but the food might get cold. I took out my phone once more to check the time, 11:17 A.M.

             Yep, I should wake her up now, I thought as I walked into her room.

             "Bomi, wake up please, you have to eat," I called quietly to her.

            "I'm not hungry," she buried her face in her pillow.

            "Come on, you have to eat, you didn't have breakfast, lunch, or dinner yesterday and now it’s late to have breakfast so you pretty much missed that too. It's almost time for lunch so you have to be hungry," I explained.

            "Just leave me alone," she said with her face still in the pillow.

            "No, you have to get up Bomi," I started to poke her sides.

            "Fine," she finally got up and walked into the restroom to wash up. When she got out, she walked straight back into her room and lied back down on her bed.

            "Yah Bomi, you can't just go back to sleep again," I was getting frustrated with her stubbornness.

            "Yes I can," she replied with her eyes closed. I sighed.

            Then a brilliant idea popped into my head. I grabbed my bowl of, still hot, Jajjamyeon (black bean noodles) and held it under her nose.

            "Mmm, these delicious noodles will be such a waste," I said out loud, even though, she was just inches away from me.

            "I will slap that bowl away if you don't get it out of my face," she said with her eyes still closed.

            "You're making this way too difficult," I rolled my eyes. I climbed onto the bed and lay right on top of her. "Why are you being so crabby?"

            "What the- Get off!" She yelled, squirming around.

            "I will get off if you eat," I said.

            "Fine, just get off fat !" She sat up angrily and blew hair out of face.

            "Language, Bomi!" I scolded her as I gave her a bowl of Jajjamyeon.

            "What is this?" she asked, staring contents inside the bowl covered with saran wrap.

            "Jjajjamyeon, its Chinese food," I answered and started shaking my bowl around so all the sauce could go over all the noodles and did the same for Bomi’s. “Eat up!”

 

            It was now night time and I was still with Bomi. We sat in the living for hours in silence.

            "What are you still doing here?" Bomi asked, tilting her head at me.

            It was pretty cute I have to say. The way her face looked so innocent, the way her brown hair all flowed to one side of her head, and the way her big brown eyes stared into mine. I let out a cheeky smile.

            "I'm still here to keep you from doing anything weird," I answered.

            "Well, I'm fine now," she said, coldly. "So you can go home now."

            "No, I'm staying." I said, crossing my arms. She then started pushing me towards the door with all her might.

            Geez, did this girl get stronger? I thought as my legs gave away easily due to her strong force.

            "Please get out," she said as we neared the door. “You’re an inconvenience.”

            I quickly ran around her and settled myself down in the middle of the floor. I stared up at the ceiling and then back at Bomi.

            "I'm not going and you can't do anything about it," I said and closed my eyes.

            "Fine, good luck sleeping out here on the cold floor," she stated and shut her room door.

            It's been about an hour or so, I was surrounded by complete darkness. My mind is telling me to sleep but my body doesn't want to obey. I heard Bomi's room door open. So, I pretend to be sleeping still. She places a blanket on top of me and tosses a pillow onto my face.

            Wow geez thanks. 

            "I hate you, Kim Seokjin," she whispers and went back into her room.

            I love you too, Park Bomi. I smiled at her comment as I slowly drifted asleep.