Chapter 12

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

~ Sixth Period ~

BOMI

            During the rest of the periods, Jin kept trying to get my attention I stayed silent.

            "Did I do something wrong?" He whispered.

            I slightly shook my head and he sighed. "I miss you," I heard him whisper and I looked at him but he went back to finishing his notes.

             “I miss you too,” I unknowingly whispered back to him and then returned writing in my notes as well.

            The bell rang and so I packed my belongings and headed out to the school gates.  I walked to the front of the school and spotted Speed waiting for me. As I walked closer to them, a hand grabbed my wrist and I let out a small scream.

            "Whoa, it's okay, it's just me," Taehyung said, holding my hand. "Look I just wanted to say, I'm sorry about what happened on Friday, my actions took over and I couldn't control it-"

            "I forgive you," I said, cutting him off. He looked up at me. 

            "But I didn't finish," he said.

            "I know and it's okay, sometimes people's minds cannot be controlled and accidents happen so I forgive you," he looked at me still a little confused.

            "So does this mean you'll talk to us again and come back and hang out with us again?" He asked and I bit my lip then I saw Dasom walking this way and my eyes widen with fear.

            I'm sorry but you yelling at me, isn’t the only reason why I'm ignoring you, I thought and tugged my hand free from his grip.

            "I have to go," I started to walk away but Taehyung held on tightly to my hand.

            "Why?" He whined. “Why can’t you stay?”

            "I just have to go," Dasom was creeping closer and closer by the second. My heart was beating faster. “I’m going somewhere today and I have to go.”

            I can't be seen with Taehyung, the only bad thing that happened today was when I fell on top of Sungmin.

            "No, don't leave please," he desperately pleaded.

            "I'm sorry but I can't stay I have to go," I tugged harder but he was too strong. “I can’t stay.”

            "Promise you'll come back to me... back to Bangtan," he said.

            "I promise, now let go. Please!" and he finally let go, I took off running to Sungmin.

            "Bomi, are you okay?" I had a few tears running down my face and I quickly wiped them away.

            "Yeah I'm fine, let’s just go," I said with a weak smile.

            "Okay then,” Sungmin grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze. “Let’s get going.”

 

JIN

            I stood in the background and watched as Bomi desperately tried to get away from Taehyung and run ever so fast towards Sungmin; she left happily smiling at him.

             "Will I ever get my chance?" I muttered to myself as I walked towards Taehyung who stood frozen like a statue.

            "You okay?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder making him tense up but then he relaxed.

            He nodded. "She forgave me."

            "Good, let’s go home,” I slung my arm around his shoulders and we walked home in silence.

 

BOMI

          “We’re going to make a quick stop first before we head to the dance studio,” Jungwoo informed me.

            “Okay, where to?” I asked.

            “To the hair salon,” he answered.

            “Gotta get a new hairstyle before our competition,” Jiseok says running his fingers through his hair.

            “Hmm, what hair color should I get?” Sungmin tapped his chin. “What do you think, Bomi?”

            “Me? I think blonde hair suits you but maybe try going to your natural hair color, I’m fine with either one just don’t do some crazy hair color like Jongkook,” I giggled and he started to laugh as well.

            “I heard you,” Jongkook said, sneaking his orange head in between Sungmin and me. I giggled and pushed away.

            We shortly arrived at a hair salon. When we entered, Yohwan started shouting. “Shorty!” He shouted and a bunch of customers started staring at us. I hid behind Sungmin embarrassed.          

            “It’s okay, Bomi he’s always like this when we come here,” Sungmin assured me.

            “Yah! Are you trying to destroy my business,” a girl about my height started walking towards us. She had black hair layered with blue streaks if I weren’t mistaken, I’d think she was a celebrity.

            “Ha business, how are you going to run a business if you can’t even run your own school project by yourself,” he joked and hugged her. “How’s my older sister, Yoohee doing?”

            “Better without you,” she said and poked Yohwan’s side.

            Oh, so she’s his older sister! I mentally clapped my hands for figuring out why Yoohwan started shouting like he owned the place but then again he sort of does.

            “Ouch that’s hurts! How’s Yoojin doing?” He asked.

            “Stupid as ever can’t even do a simple calculus problem without my help,” she answered.

            “Geez, ninth graders these days,” Yoohwan shook his head.

             “But little brother is doing well,” she added.

            “That’s good,” he said.

            “So I’m guessing you need a new hairstyle for your competition this Saturday,” she questioned, looking at the boys and then she pots me and we make eye contact for a moment. “Oh and who is this? Sungmin, you didn’t tell me you had a girlfriend.”

            “Oh no, we’re not dating!” We both said at the same time.

              “Sure… I never held my best guy friend’s hand before,” she said with a smirk and walked away.

            We both look down at our hands and we immediately let go of each other hands. The other boys began to snicker.

            “Come over here please!” Yoohee called out to us. We all walked over to a secluded area where there were eight hairstyling stations.

            “This area is specifically for us unless a K-pop group or idol comes here then they use this area,” Sungmin whispered to me. “For example, Super Junior came here once.”

            “No way, you’re lying,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

            “Nope, look for yourself,” he pointed to a small Polaroid taped on the wall with all twelve members of Super Junior, Sungmin, Yoohwans sister and seven other hairstylists in the picture.

            “Oh my goodness! Which one of these chairs did Donghae sit in?” I asked.

            “Um, that one,” he pointed to the first chair on the left. I walked towards and slipped inside and wiggled around in the plastic seat. “You’re so weird.”

            “Oh yeah, what if Miss A came here, I bet you would sit in Suzy’s chair all day,” I argued.

            “That is so true except I like Min better but I would still do the same,” Sungmin said.

            “Okay, let me go get your hair stylists,” Yoohee said and left.

            She then came back with six other female stylists and they got right to work. “Let’s get to work ladies; these boys need a competition to win!”

 

AUTHOR

          “What kind of hairstyle would you like, Sungmin?” The hairstylist asked Sungmin.

            “I was thinking of staying blonde but I also want to go back to my natural hair,” Sungmin answered, still unsure of how he should impress Bomi with his new hair.

            “I think I know what you’re looking for,” she said with a smile and turned him around.

            “My hair is starting to change back to its normal hair color, can you fix it up a bit and give it a trim please,” Taeha requested.

            “I’d like to go back to brown, purple it’s too much for me,” Jungwoo explained.

            “Ah, brown is so boring I like Sungmin’s hair so change it to blonde but don’t bleach it, I like the whole dirty brown look I think I can get more girls this way,” Jiseok said as he touched and picked at his hair. “Maybe cut up the sides so I can have this beautiful top hair thing like um… Like Yoohwan!”

            “I’ll see what I can do,” she rolled her eyes and spun him around.

            “Yoohee Noona, turn me back to my natural hair color, don’t cut up too much either, my hair is still pretty short,” Yoohwan said which he received a slap on the forehead from her.

            “You better keep your hair black, too much dye can damage your hair,” she said. “Maybe, I’ll just shave it all off.”

            “Don’t you dare,” Yoohwan stared intensely into his sister’s eyes and she did the same.

            “I was reading a westerner magazine and it showed many different styles so I want a hipster hair style,” Sejun requested. “Hair shaved on the side and then this top part swept over to the side.”

            “Blonde and that’s it nothing else, don’t you dare touch those scissors either,” Jongkook said, firmly.

            Geez, what a bunch of girls. Bomi rolled her eyes and continued to wiggle around in her seat. “I’ll be back,” Bomi got up and left the room.

 

BOMI

            I walked around the salon a few times and drank some water from the water fountain.

            “Bomi, what do you think?” I hear Sungmin say.

            I turn around to see seven boys with fresh new hairstyles. “You guys look amazing, are you sure you should be entering a music competition?”

            “I do make a good model, don’t I?” Jiseok started doing some model poses.

            “We don’t know him,” all the boys muttered and walked away from Jiseok.

            “Ha-ha, so now there’s four blonde guys now?” you pointed out.

            “I won’t be blonde for long,” Sungmin said. “It’s just hair chalk, it’ll stay on for two weeks so I’ll be back to being brunette in no time.”

            “Everyone else is in their natural hair color,” Jungwoo pointed out and rubbed his hair.

            “Well you guys look amazing,” I said.

            “Don’t you guys look fabulous,” Yoohee touched Yoohwan’s face, he slapped her hand away.

            “So Bomi, are you sure you don’t want to do anything to your hair?” She asked me.

            “No, that’s okay. Maybe next time,” I said with a kind smile.

            “Do you have a boyfriend?” She asked.

            “Yah Yoohee!” Yoohwan shouted at his sister.

            “What? If you don’t then what do you look in for a guy?” She asked. Her questions were weird and unusual but I didn’t mind answering them.

            “You’re making her uncomfortable, don’t you have a business to run,” Yoohwan pushed his sister away.

            “It’s okay, I would say I look at their hair, they have to have nice soft hair, just nice looking hair, good personality, good looking, and smart,” I answered.

            She took a step towards me. “I think we’ll get along just fine because I look at guys’ hair as well,” she whispered to me. “And that’s why I own a hair salon!”

            “Well, we must go now. Bye Yoohee tell Mom and Dad hi and Yoojin,” Yoohwan said, pushing us out the door.

            “I’m texting you later tonight,” she said.

            “I’m busy tonight and tomorrow and the next day, maybe the whole week or month,” he said and closed the door. “Sorry, my sister can be odd sometimes she’s always trying to set me up with girls.”

            “Ha-ha,” I awkwardly laughed. “That’s okay, first time someone tried to set me up with their sibling.”

            “Oh my, there’s the bus, run!” Taeha yelled and we all went racing towards the bus that was just about to close its doors.

            “Geez, kids these days can’t be on time for anything,” I hear the bus driver mutter.

            I dug into my backpack pocket for some change to pay for the bus fee but I couldn’t find anything.

            “Don’t worry, I got you covered. Two please,” Sungmin said and took my hand; we stood next to each other holding the handlebar to keep us from falling.

 

            After a while, we got off the bus and walked towards a small building. It looked pretty sketchy if you asked me but walking inside was a different story.

            "Wow, so you guys practice here," I walked around looking at all the mirrors.    

            Wow, I've haven't seen so many mirrors, I only use a small tiny mirror at home, I thought as I fixed up my hair a bit.

            "Yeah, we come here ever so often to dance and sing a bit," Sungmin said, starting to stretch his legs.

            "We enter a lot of music competitions," Jiseok added and I nodded.

            Sungmin got up and walked over to me. "Come here, I have something to show you." He took my hand once more and we walked through a door which held a display with a variety of ribbons, trophies, and certificates.

            "Oh my, did you guys win all of these?" I questioned looking at all the first and second place prizes.

            "Yeah," He said and I was truly amazed. "Can I ask you a question?"

            "Yeah, go ahead," I said, still admiring the display.

            "What's your relationship with Bangtan?" I looked up at him.

            "Umm... they're my friends," I said. “Nothing really much to it.

            "So Jin is just your friend right?" He asked.

            "Yes, of course," I raised my eyebrows. “Why do you ask?”

            "Nothing, I just wanted to know since before you hung out with them a lot," He said.

            "Oh," I was still confused. “Well, we’re not in good terms at the moment.”

            We then left the room and joined the other boys who started to practice their dance. "Okay, lets run through the dance once and then afterwards, we'll fix parts here and there," Taeha said and everyone nodded. I sat in the corner watching them dance and sing.

            They are truly amazing, I wonder if Bangtan sings and dance? I know Yoongi and Namjoon rap and Jin and Jimin sing, what about the others? I thought. What did I tell you Bomi, you can’t be thinking about them! I’m sorry I can’t help it, it’s like everything I do I’m reminded of them.

 

            After a short but tiring hour, they took a break. They all slumped down onto the floor with heavy breaths. Their chests heaved up and down rapidly as beads of sweat coursed down their faces.

            "You guys are really good," I gave them a thumb up. 

            "Thanks," Sungmin said, sitting down next to me and taking a swig of water. "You wanna learn the dance?"

            "Me? I don't know, I don't really dance or at least I never tried dancing before," I answered.

            "Come on, it'll be fun," He stood up and grabbed my hand and dragged me to the middle of the floor. "This move is easy so you are going to spread your feet apart right in front, left in the back then put your right hand where your heart is and your left by your right hip, turn your upper body to the right and at the same time slowly pull your right hand away so comes down like this.”

            I followed exactly what he showed me and then we went through it at full speed. I don’t know if I did it correctly but I know I did a terrible job.

            "Perfect, see I did say it was easy," he said with a smile. "Okay I'll teach you the chorus so the next move is going to be a bit tricky since it works more with the feet."

            I tried my best to calculate it in my head how it works but I failed at it since I couldn't do the feet part.

            "Here," He bent down and moved my feet. "Okay, so moved your feet in a crisscross motion. Good, good now try to move backwards while you move your feet in and out."

            I did as he said and I did it. "Amazing, who knew you could dance!" He smiled.

            "I didn't even know myself," I said with a laugh.

            He then taught me so other moves that were a bit tricky. "I'm sorry see I'm not good at this," I said after trying for the fifth time.

            "No it’s okay, it’s your first time, don’t worry I'll help you," he said and put his arms around me and moved my arms around to the moves; I blushed at the sudden skinship.

 

SUNGMIN

            I put my arms around Bomi and helped do the dance moves. She felt warm and I just wanted to keep her in my arms forever.

            I notice Bomi blushing so I smiled. For some reason, I let go of Bomi, though, I wanted to keep her there in my arms. "You think you got it now?" I asked and she nodded.

            "Jungwoo, can you turn on the music and put it at the chorus," I ordered Jungwoo who was by the speakers.

            "Okay," He the music and Bomi and I both danced together. I was so amazed how perfectly she had done it and she only learned it in a couple of minutes.

            After we danced together, we all clapped for Bomi. "Thank you," she said smiling. "You know SUngmin; you're a really good teacher."

            "Really, thanks this my first time teaching someone," I said.

 

            After another hour or two of practicing, it was time to head home and so I told the other members that they could head home first and that I would walk Bomi home. 

            The cold air made our breaths into small clouds. I notice Bomi shivering in the cold, she was wearing only her school uniform and I could tell that skirt wasn't really helping her keep warm so I took off my jacket and placed it around her shoulders. She looked up surprised.

            "Oh thank you," she said and wrapped it closer to her.

 

BOMI

            Sungmin gave me his jacket and I blush a little at his kind actions.

             Thank goodness it’s dark so he can't see my face. I wrapped his jacket closer to me and I could smell his scent on it. He had a sweet but strong scent; it reminded me of Jin's scent and a little bit of Taehyung's but it was more of Jin since Taehyung had a strong scent probably because of his cologne.

 

            When we reached a safe distance away from my house, I turned to Sungmin and said my thanks.

            "Umm thanks for taking me out today, it was fun," I said.

            "Oh, no problem it was fun hanging out with you," he smiled. “We should hang out some more sometime.”

            "Oh and here’s your jacket," I gave him his jacket and he gladly accepted it.

            "I'll see you tomorrow," I said but before I left I gave him a tight embrace and he tightly hugged me back. He then kissed the top of my head.

            "Bye, Bomi," he said when we let go of each other.

            I walked into my home and smiled to myself then a slipper hit me right in my face.

            "Coming home late, eh? Why don't you study instead of playing around, you're so stupid," my mother said and left to her bedroom.

            Why does she even care and she doesn't even understand that I'm in the honors classes for Buddha’s sake! I just don't understand her at all! I thought as I walked into my room.

 

UNKNOWN

            I watched as Bomi and Sungmin hugged each other and Sungmin kissed the top of her forehead.

            I wonder what’s their relationship is now? Are they dating? Does she know my feelings for her? I thought as I walked away from the scene. Or does she even like Sungmin? Of course she does, she let him kiss her. I sighed in defeat.

            "Someday," I said and walked home.

 

SUNGMIN

            I walked home cheering to myself. I can’t believe I kissed her! You did an amazing good job on keeping your cool! She seems so happy, why is she being bullied? Well, I’m glad I’m doing to the right thing to keep her happy.

            I smiled widely to myself as I walked into my home.

            “Looks like someone is happy,” someone said.

            “AHH! Jongkook what are you doing here?” I questioned him. “And inside of my house.”

            “Long story short, my sister brought over her boyfriend and my parents won’t allowed them to sleep in the same room so he must sleep in my room but either way in the middle of the night my sister sneaks into my room to sleep with him,” he explained. “So my room is occupied.”

            “Ugh, fine you can stay here but you’re paying for food,” I said, throwing myself onto the couch.

            “I already got you covered, bro,” he said, pulling out a box of pizza from behind him.

            “Maybe, you can sleep over often,” I nudged him with my elbow and smiled.

=============================

Quadruple update!! Haha I'm good~