Chapter 19

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            It’s been about two months since I told Jin everything and I guess the other boys knew about it as well but since that day, I felt like an enormous weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

            I still have a plethora of money with me and so it was time to find a place of my own. I couldn’t stay with the boys forever. I've already started looking for a place but not all of them were for cheap even the really ghetto places are expensive. I also asked to work on Mondays for now on in order to get more money.

 

            "Hey, are you still looking for a place?" Daehyun asked as leaned against the booth and took a sip of his drink.

            "Yeah," I replied as I counted the total number of chopsticks we had. “Asuna, how many did we have to start?” I called out to her.

            “250 pairs so a total of 500,” she called back. “Maybe but we should have about that much.”

            “Ugh, why do people love stealing chopsticks from us?” I ruffled up my hair in frustration and then started packing up the chopsticks in a napkin so they could be set on the table.

            "Anyway, you know there's this old lady nearby, who is renting a place for cheap," he said and I looked up at him.

            "Really?" I questioned.

            "Yep, it’s quite a nice place too. I think she's renting it for $50 a month," he added.

            "How do you know this?" I narrowed my eyes at him. It’s not that I don’t believe him it’s just he can be a very unpredictable guy and you never know what’s he’s up to one moment he's singing shyly as he busts table then the net moment he's chowing a whole 3 servings by himself. So there are times where you can’t believe him.

            "I was looking a place for myself too but I found a better place instead of there," he said, leaning back against the booth.

            "Can you give me the address," I handed him my phone and he gladly took it.

            "I thought were living with Bangtan though?" He asked, slowly tapping on my screen.

            "Yeah, but I can't live with guys forever," I said and continued packing in the chopsticks that needed to be finished before we get super busy.

            "But you will be living with a guy forever when you get married," he said and I gave him a shocked look.

            "Yah, whoever said I was getting married," I said and shoved a pair of chopstick in a folded napkin.

            "Well, I would marry you," he said, smiling like a fool and leaning in close to my face, my eyes widen. "However! You're like my close friend and we’re so close you could be my sister and I’m in love Park In-Soo."

            I rolled my eyes. "Yah, don't lean in my face like that or I might as well punch your precious face!" I threatened.

            "But it made your heart beat faster, didn't it?" He joked.

            "Yah! Don’t you have work to do," I yelled.

            "I'm just joking. Well, this restaurant isn't going to run itself," Daehyun sat down in front of me and began shoving chopsticks into folded napkins. 

            Ding!

            “Oh hello, welcome to Yong Su San,” I stood up immediately and bowed to the incoming customers.

            “Bomi, I got it, for how many?” Asuna took over and led the customers over to a table in her quarters. I love it when Asuna comes right in and takes over.

 

            "Bye Bomi!" Asuna called out to me as I left the restaurant. I wrapped my jacket closer to me since it started to snow again.

             I walked in the direction of Bangtan’s house when someone stopped me. "Bomi, wait up!" I turned to see who was calling me and it was Taehyung.

            "Hey, wait are you doing here?" I asked him.

            "I came to pick you up of course. It’s dangerous for a girl to be walking alone at night," he said, putting his arm around me.

            "Oh okay," I said and we walked in silence to the house.

            I'll go look at the place tomorrow, should I take Jin or Sungmin to go see the place with me, maybe I'll take Sungmin, I thought as we crept closer to the house.

 

            "Yah, where do you think you’re going?" Dasom said as I tried to escape from her.

            "Why can't you leave me alone," I muttered holding my books closer to my chest.

            "What was that?" She questioned.

            "Leave me alone please!" I begged.

            "And what if I don't?" She question and I stayed silent. "That’s what I thought." She then left and I let out a sigh of relief.

            Can I even endure five more months, school is almost over and I can be free from all this abuse. I left the bathroom and headed to class.

             Maybe I should stop coming to the bathroom in the morning and just go at home, before I walked over to Bangtan's table I made a quick stop at Speed's table to go see Sungmin.

            "Hey, Sungmin," I greeted as I stopped by where he was sitting.

            "Oh hey," he greeted back.

            "Can I ask you a question?" I asked. “In private.”

            "Of course," he replied, he got up and we walked into the empty hallway. “What’s up?”

            "Do you think after school you can come with me to check out a place?" I asked.

             I don't know why I wanted to keep it a secret from the others but I didn't actually want Bangtan to know and I feel Speed might tell them my plans.

            "I’d be gladly to, I have nothing better to do anyway," he said with a kind smile.

            "Cool, I'll meet you at the front of the school then," I said and left to go eat lunch with Bangtan.

 

SUNGMIN

          "Sounds like a date to me," Jiseok said with a smirk.

            "She rejected me a long time ago," I said, playing with my empty milk carton.

            "Well, maybe she thought, she was missing out so she's coming back," Jungwoo pointed out.

            I looked over at Bomi who was happily smiling next to Jin. Or maybe for a way different purpose that she doesn't want Bangtan to know, I thought as I took a bite of my sandwich. 

 

BOMI

          "Bomi!" I kept walking as she continued to call my name and threw wads of paper at me. "You better not be going home with him!"

            "I'm not; I’m going home with Sungmin!" I yelled back not even wanting to turn around but I can feel the smile creep on her face. 

            I walked down the stairs to the front and saw Sungmin waiting for me.

            "Ready?" I asked him.

            "Yeah, let’s go," he put his arm around me and we made our way to the place Daehyun recommended me. I texted Jin that I won't be home and I'll be out with Sungmin so he doesn’t need to worry.

            "So where are we headed to?" He asked.

            "Umm I'm trying to look for a place to stay," I answered, looking at my map on my phone.

            "Why? You already have a nice place with Bangtan," He questioned.

            "I can't live with the boys forever plus there are already seven of them and they always have to make an extra meal for me," I replied and pointed to the direction we need to go.

            "You can still live with me, all you have to do is pay $30 which is half of the rent," Sungmin suggested.
            "No, it's okay, Daehyun told me the lady that is renting the place only wants $50 a month which is pretty good," I said.

            "Come on, if you're living with me you only have to pay $30!"

            "No, I'm almost an adult so I can take care of myself," I said, crossing my arms.

            "Sure… Sung-Sungmin, I need your help," he mocked me.

            "Shut up!" I said and slapped his chest which only made him chuckle. "Oh, I think we're here."

            "Hey, the place doesn't look too bad," he said nodding his head.

            It was short one story house, painted all white beside the door which was a dark cherry wood with a large rectangular window and two outer windows beside it. There was a black metal gate with a lock and then a stone walkway to the front door. Indeed, it is quite a nice place.

            We knocked on the door to a smaller beside the house and a short old lady with gray hair came out. She wore a pink and white floral button-front shirt with a mix-matching pair of blue and green baggy pants. This was your casual Korean grandma look, especially, when she loves to farm.

            "Hello, sorry to disturb you, my name is Park Bomi and I just wanted to check if this house is still for rent," I said with a bow and Sungmin bowed also after greeting her.

            "Oh yes, it’s still open. Come on, I'll show you the inside," she said with a very soft but bold voice.

             We followed from behind, her stride was a little unbalanced, and she kind of looked like a penguin waddling around. "Are you two a couple?"

            "No, we're just really close friends," I said and saw Sungmin pout. "Don’t you know, you look ugly when you pout?" He grinned.

            "Well, the house isn’t big as you can tell but it’s just like any other house," she said, opening the door and letting us in. We took off our shoes before entering the home and admired how nice the inside looked.

            The house was bright; a good amount of sun came in through the windows. The house was neat and clean; wood floor were waxed and not a speck of dust insight but it was very empty, the rooms were quite big and had a lot of space, and the bathrooms were pretty nice as well.

            "How much are you renting?" I asked, despite, already knowing the prince already.

            "I’m renting it for $50 a month but how old are you, sweetie?" she questioned.

            "I'm eighteen-years-old, Ma’am," I replied.

            "Oh my, a girl, you're age living by yourself, your parents must be strict," she said, shaking her head in disappointment of my parents.

            "Ha-ha, yes they are," I said with a small smile.

            "Well then for you, you'll only have to pay $25," she said.

            "Oh no, that’s okay, I can pay full rent," I said.

            "Don't worry but if you become a rebel then I'll make you pay $35," she joked.

            "Yes ma’am, thank you so much," I said, bowing down multiple times.

            "So when do you think you'll move in?" she asked, locking the door and leading us out to the front.

            "I'm not sure but hopefully soon," I said.

            "Please do call me when you made up your mind," she handed me a piece of paper with her name, phone number and address.

            "Yes ma’am," and with that we left.

 

            "Are you really going to move there?" Sungmin asked.

            "I have to," I replied. "I'll probably move out tomorrow."

            "Oh, I'll help you," Sungmin said.

            "It’s alright, I don't have much anyway and I can just ask Bangtan since I have to tell them I'm moving out anyway," I said.

            "Oh, okay then," he said with a sigh. "I'll see you later then text me when you have settled in your new home and I’ll come over."

            "Don’t worry I’ll text you, bye Sungmin," I said and walked in the house.

            "Bomi, you're home!" Jin greeted as I walked in.

            “Hi,” I walk passed him and went into my room and sat down on the bed. It’s been maybe an hour of me just sitting on the bed staring blankly at the wall across from me.

            I took a deep breath and stepped out of the room and went to Jin’s room.

            “Jin?” I knocked on the door.

            “Come in, Bomi,” I hear him call from behind the door. I opened the door to reveal a clean, spotless room with Jin and Yoongi sitting on their beds staring at their phones. “What’s going on?” Jin looked up from his phone.
            "Can you get the other boys into the living room, I have something to say," I said and he nodded and looked over to Yoongi.

            When all the boys were gathered into the living, there was a small awkward silence.

            "Is there something you needed to talk about?" Yoongi asked me, breaking the silence.

            "Oh, yeah umm… well, I just wanted to thank you guys for letting me stay here for so long when I just asked for a couple nights and that I found a new place of my own to stay at," I explained.

            "No Bomi, you need to stay here!" Taehyung said, holding onto my hand.

            I wiggled my hand out of his release but he held it closely to him. "I'm sorry Taehyung but I need to go, I can't stay here, I need to go on my own," I said.

            "When do you move in?" Jin asked.

            "Tomorrow," I answered and Taehyung squeezed my hand. I violently snapped my hand back from his grip.

            "Can't you just stay here a bit longer until senior year is over? Huh?" He gave me those puppy eyes but I don't give in easily to puppy eyes. I shook my head at him.

            "Well, I respect your decision and I can tell that anything we do to convince you stay, you will still decline," Hoseok said. 

            "Thank you," I said with a small smile.

 

JIN

          It broke my heart knowing that I won't see Bomi every morning or every night but I can tell she wants to have her freedom and I totally respect her for that. She walked back into her room and I followed her.

            “So you really found a place?” I asked her, leaning against the door frame.

            “Yeah, it’s pretty nice actually. It has a gate, a stone walkway, a cherry wood door, two bedrooms, a kitchen, wood floors, and a floor heater too,” she explained as she packed her items into her big suitcase.

            “I see, do you need some help tomorrow when you move in?”

            “Yeah, I could need some help carrying this heavy thing,” she tried lifting up her suitcase but failed. I laughed and walked over to pick it up for her. “Ha-ha thanks.”

            “Bomi, what are you going to do without me?” I put my hands on my hips and shook my head.

            “Umm, reaching for stuff on high shelves and picking up heavy things,” she answered and giggled.

 

BOMI

          After our talk, Jin headed back to his room and got ready for bed. I lay down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

            This will be my last night here, I thought as I drifted off to dream land.

            Hopefully my life goes on happily from here.

 

            The next morning, I called the old lady and told her that I would move in today. She was glad someone was moving in since she has tried for months but everyone just kept finding a better place.

            I then thanked her and thought I go see what the commotion is that is happening in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to see six, sluggish and tired, boys standing around the counter. Jin was the only one not standing around being tired and lazy; he was here and there, preparing for breakfast on eight plates.

            “Morning Bomi,” Jin greeted as he flipped whatever was in the pan. I was guessing it was eggs.

            “Morning,” the others boys grumbled and yawned.

            “My goodness,” I walked over and smacked Jimin in the back of the head.

            “Ouch! Bomi!” Jimin rubbed the back of his head, Taehyung burst out laughing and I slapped him as well.

            “Awake yet?” I asked them and they nodded. “Geez… It’s almost eleven o’clock; I’ve been up since three hours ago!”

            “Same here, I woke up at 8:30,” Jin said. “Okay, grab a plate.”

            I guessed correctly. Jin had made scrambled eggs with bits of chopped up vegetables and rice.

            “So… You’re moving out today?” Taehyung poked at his food and then looked up at me and I nodded.

            “Jin and I are going to go see the place again today and help me out with stuff,” I said and everyone turned their attention to Jin.

            After brunch, I went into my room and started to prepare to leave.

 

JIN

            “Ha-ha Jin, you really hit it big this time!” Yoongi patted me on the back.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” I slipped on a gray V-neck shirt and a light blue button-front.

            “What do you mean you don’t know?” He crazily waved his arms in the air. “It’s obvious you’re in love with her and she’s favoring you the most out of everyone.”

            “Oh on the contrary my brother, there’s Sungmin,” I said, folding down the collar of the shirt.

            “Pssh, she’s been with you longer and she doesn’t hang out with Sungmin as often as she does with you,” he pointed out.

            I guess he has a good point; however, she could still have feelings for Sungmin but is just too embarrass to see him since he did confess to her.

            “Anyway, tell Bomi I said goodbye and I hope you have fun on your date,” he said, before scrunching up under his coverings going back to sleep.

            “Geez,” I was going to smack him but I didn’t.

            Gosh, he’s so lazy!

            I walked out of the room and knocked on Bomi’s door. She opened it and came out with a light pink blouse and a pair of black skinny jeans and her suitcase.

            “Umm, I think everyone just went back to sleep so let’s get going, shall we?” I grabbed her suitcase and she led the way in her black polka-dotted shoes.

 

BOMI

            “I had my son drop off a bed for you so you wouldn’t have to sleep on the floor. Oh and there’s even a desk to help you study for your finals,” she said. “And here are your keys.”

            She dropped a pair of gold keys in my hand. “Thank you so much!” I bowed down (ninety degrees) multiply times.

            “Ay, don’t worry about it,” she waved her hand. “Well, I hope you enjoy the place.”

            “Wow, it really isn’t that bad looking,” Jin nodded his head as we stepped inside.

            Everywhere was lit up with sunlight but imagining how dark and scary it would be at night sent chills down my spine.

            I took out my phone and dialed Sungmin’s number. “Sungmin, I just moved into the new place.”

            “That’s great but I can’t come over today. Guess whose clumsy, chaotic sister is in the hospital like seriously who slips on squid?” He questioned over the phone.

            “Yah Sungmin, I can obviously hear you, you’re lucky I can’t walk over there and smack the silly out of you!” I hear Yoohee yell.

            “That’s the point! Anyway, I promise I’ll visit soon,” he said.

            “Oh okay, I’ll see you later,” and with that I hung up the phone.

            “Let’s go to the supermarket to buy some things that you need for your house,” Jin suggested and I nodded.

 

            After what seemed like hours, we purchased air fresheners, printed out pictures from my phone, picture frames, essential cleaning supplies, two floor chairs, and hangers. It’s not much because we kind of just played around the place but at least we got some of my house needs.

            We hung up many pictures on the wall; the majority of them were of Bangtan and I, a few with Sungmin and Speed, there was even one with all fifteen of us.

            “This looks good,” Jin rubbed his hands together and looked up at the wall that has been perfected to look artistic (in Jin’s view that is).

            “It’s getting late, you should probably head home,” I said to him.

            “Oh, really? Okay, well, I guess I’ll see you later,” he said, putting on his shoes.

            “Bye,” I shut the front door and took a deep sniff of the house which now smelled like melons.

            “I’m going to get used to this,” I smiled and headed into my bedroom.