Chapter 23

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

JIN

          Every single day I would stick by Bomi's side like glue making sure nothing bad would happen to her. There were a few times I lost my grip on her to Dasom but I always got her right back. I go over to her house every day in the morning and stay with her till night falls then I head home.

 

            April has now come and there's only two or three months left in school. I just can't wait to graduate and be beside Bomi every day. Though, that might not happen if I don't have the guts to confess to her. I just don't know why I can't do it. I think by dating Bomi, I will only hurt her more but already being with her is already causing her pain.

 

            It was the finally end of another stressful school day. We started to prepare to go on to our after school life.

            "I'm going to the bathroom, Jin," Bomi informed me. "And you don't have to go with me, I'll be fine." She smiled at me happily.

            "Okay," I smiled back. "I'll be waiting at the gates."

              I let her go by herself because Dasom has been very good about not beating Bomi in the bathroom since I always stood by the opening, waiting to see Bomi return and Bomi rarely goes to the bathroom after school so there had to be a good chance Dasom wasn't gonna be there. I had faith that she was gonna be okay.

 

BOMI

          I'm starting to like having Jin around. At first, it was annoying how he came every day to my house but then it just became a normal thing. I think I just smiled for the first time ever since attempted to end my life.

            I walked into the bathroom and did my business. I got out of the stall and washed my hands when I heard the familiar sounds of heels clicking on the tile floor. 

            I need to get out of here! I thought but it was too late.

            "Aww, look what we have here," Dasom said with an evil smile. Chanmi and Minah also had the same smile. "You know, I actually missed you!" She put her hands on her hips and tilted her head. 

            Click Clack, Click Clack the sounds of theirs heels bounce around the wall enclosing me into a tight space as she took a few steps closer to me and I took a few steps back. "Why so scared Bomi?" She laughed.

 

            I limped my way out of the school; I went towards the back of the school where Sungmin and I would always take when we walk home together. I didn’t bother walking all the way to the front of the school the back was the closet door to exit from the school. It started to pour rain as my tears dripped down my bruised up face. I limped along the streets alone with no one insight.

            I felt my legs beginning to give away with each step I took. I looked around the area for a place to relax and sat down on a nearby bench under the most beautiful, pink and white, cherry blossom tree.

            Something so beautiful yet doesn't stay long when conditions get bad.

 

JIN

          As time passed, I waited patiently for Bomi but she never came. It started to pour rain and I began to worried. I quickly walked around the school but there was no sign of her.

            “Jin!” I turned around praying to see Bomi but it was Dasom. My heart dropped to my stomach.

            “Where is she?” I asked her, malice filling and pushing out any calmness in my voice.

            “Where’s who?” She giggled, innocently.

            I scoff and bit my lip; I balled my fists at my sides to keep me from strangling Miss Perfection. “Don’t give me that bull!”

            “Jin, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she replied trying to look innocent. "Stop being so anger for me, please."

            “Ugh!” I pushed past her and ran off. I checked all the girls’ bathrooms and hallways and still no Bomi to be seen. I had to make sure she was home so I took the back way instead of the front since I was already at the back of the school. 

 

BOMI

          I looked up at the tree and smiled; petals danced around and landed on top of my head. I giggled softly. I love Cherry Blossom trees; they're so pretty and perfect to take pictures of. This thought did not cheer me up one bit.

            I sat on the bench letting the rain drops sink into my clothes. I feel it running down my skin as I get drenched by the sudden rain fall. It continued to beat down on me like the hateful words people spat down on me.

            Why'd I stay here? I shouldn't be here at all? The tears proceed to slide down my face alongside the raindrops. It seemed like the sky was crying with me. I then felt someone sit down beside me. I didn’t want to see who it was and I don’t really care who it is either.

            "What are you doing here, Bomi?" He asked. I looked up to the familiar voice. Jin. I quickly looked away.

            "Did they hurt you again? Does it still hurt? Bomi?" Jin questioned with concern in his voice. "Bomi, look at me."

            "I shouldn't be here, Jin," I said, not taking a glance at him. I sniffled and squeezed my hands together tightly.

            "Bomi, please look at me," he sounded like he was about to burst into tears but I refused to look at him.

            My heart beat slowly making my heart ache with pain. "Bomi, look at me!"

            I flinched a bit, I never heard him yell at me before. He grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look at him.

            I stared into his brown eyes with sad eyes. He leaned in closer to me as the space between us was decreasing. He then squished his soft lips onto mine; it was a gentle but passionate kiss.

            After a while, we parted. "Jin…" I was truly speechless; I felt all my words have been just out from me by his kiss.

            "Bomi, I love you. I care for you. I want to be with you, by your side. You are the most beautiful person I know and love. Please if you stay with me, you can be protected and safe," he pulled me into a tight embrace. Despite, being both drenched from the rain.

            "I love you too," I finally choked out and hugged him even tighter feeling the safety and comfort in his arms.

            The pain in my heart lessened as it started to beat faster and faster.

            As we let out of each other, Jin looked at me with a kind and gentle smile. "Let’s go," He stood up and stretched out his arm giving me a hand.

             I took it but as I stood up my legs were like jelly. Before I fell, Jin caught me just in time. He placed me back down on the bench, slipped off his backpack, and squatted down in front of me.

            "Get on," I climbed onto his back and wrapped my arms securely around his neck and he stood up and we made our way back to my home.

 

            "Get changed while I get something to eat," Jin told me. I nodded and walked into my room.

            I shut the door and leaned against it. My fingertips suddenly reach up and gently traced around my lips. 

            He kissed me. He likes.... no, he loves me. Ah! I can’t believe it! For some reason, I couldn't help but smile because I'm happily astonished. I couldn’t find the right words to describe the way I feel right now. My emotions are bouncing around and they can't find the right order to be placed in.

            Does this mean I'm his girlfriend now? I thought as I changed into a sweater and shorts.

 

JIN                            

          I touched my lips and felt my lips curve up into a broad smile. 

            I did it, I actually did it! You did well; you deserve an award, Jaesun! I praised myself in my head. I grabbed my backpack, quickly ped it and clasped onto my gym clothes. I walked into the bathroom and changed in there. When I came out, I went back to my backpack and dug out a package of ramen. I always keep a package or two in there for emergencies so don't judge me.

            After I finished cooking our meal, I set down the pot on top of my thick math textbook and set two pairs of chopsticks beside it.

            "Mmm, what smells so good?" Bomi asked, tiptoeing out into the living room.

            "Look for yourself," I replied with a smile, waiting for her reaction.

            She sat down and lifted the lid to the pot; her eyes glowed like two twinkling stars, though, didn't curve up to smile. She rubbed her hands together and her lips. She stared at it like a small hungry child.

            "Go ahead, eat," I said as I started to eat.

            From time to time, I would look up and watch Bomi eat happily, however, her expressions never showed it.

            "Bomi," I called her name. She looked up. "I have something to tell you."

            I leaned over the pot and put my hand up as if I was to whisper something to her and as I leaned closer, I gave her a surprised peck on the lips. She looked at me with a shocked expression but soon she started to giggle.

            "There's that smile I was looking for," I chuckled at Bomi's cuteness.

            "You're weird!" She scrunched her face and threw her chopstick at me.

            “I know.”

 

May

BOMI

            Jin and I evolved into one lovely couple who love each other dearly. He takes care of me so much. I feel my heart has sealed up once again.

            We announced to Bangtan the news and they were really happy for us and (surprisingly) Taehyung. I told Sungmin and he congratulated us as well. Dasom or Dujoon don't know and I don't plan on telling them anytime soon but I honestly don't care if the word gets around to them.

            Anyway, on some random day, Jin came over with a large bag in hand and he said the only way for him to see my precious face every day was for him to live together and that was what he was doing: moving in.

            I was astounded at first but he's been basically coming over to my house every single day so he might as well move in. Now I get to see him every second, minute and hour of the day. My bed feels a lot more comfortable and warmer with him being in it too.

 

            Today in school we're being told what the itinerary is going to be for camp since tomorrow is the big day.

            "Okay kiddos so I will now announce your cabin roommates/group partners. Group number one is Gu Dujoon, Park Kyung, Aiden Ahn, and Lee Hyunshik. Group number two Hwang Dasom, Kim Minah, Bang Sooah, and Kwon Chanmi... Group number ten is Kim Jungwoo, Choi Sungmin, Kim Seokjin, and Park Bomi," All eyes were on me after my group was said.

            "Mrs. Chan! Why does Bomi get to have guys in her group?" Sooah pouted with an angry look on her face. “This is so unfair!”

            "Ask me again at the end of the year," Mrs. Chan answered with a mysterious smile on her face.

            "Did you really not choose anyone?" Jin asked, playing with my fingers.

            "Actually, I chose you, Sungmin, and Jimin," I answered.

            “You chose Sungmin too?” Jin questioned.

            “Uh-huh, what are you jealous?” I smirked at him.

            "Of course not," Jin folded his arms and coughed to the side then pouted

            "Whatever lover boy, you're so ugly when you pout," I laughed and touched his lips with my finger.

            "So what you're saying is Sungmin is better looking than me?" He asked, he looked pretty pissed if you asked me.

            "Yes," I nodded making him angrier. He scoffed a couple times before looking at me in the eyes.

            "How dare you say that? We live in the same house, you know I will get you," Jin threatened.

            Ring!

            "That's only if you can catch me!" I called out to him, racing out the door.

            "You wanna bet!" I hear him call after me.

            "Sure!" I yelled back without looking back. That’s when I crashed into someone.

            “Wow, where are you going,” Dujoon asked me.

            “I’m sorry,” I stepped aside and tried moving away but he grabbed both of my wrists and slammed me against the lockers.

            “I think you need to repay me for the damage you have caused me,” he said and was only inches away from my face.

            “Get away from her!” Jin yelled as he ripped Dujoon off of me. Dujoon easily pushed Jin down onto the floor like a measly ragdoll.

            “Whatever, you guys are just losers anyway,” Dujoon muttered and continued walking through the crowded hallway. Jin quickly jumped up back onto feet and came over to me.

            “You alright?” Jin asked me and I nodded. I then smiled at him and ran away as fast as I could.

            “You can’t catch me!” I chanted.

            After a while, I grew tired and slowed down. I didn't hear any footsteps behind me so I knew I was okay. Suddenly, I swept off my feet.

            "I got you!" Jin smiled and spun me in circles.

            "You caught me, now what do you want from me?" I asked him as he was still holding me up.

            "Hmm, a kiss?" He questioned after thinking for moment.

            "That’s it?" I shrugged my shoulders and leaned in to kiss his cheek but before my lips touched him, he spoke once more adding onto his request.

            "On the lips," he smiled like a fool. I just shook my head and pressed my lips onto his.

            "You're a totally weirdo," I rolled my eyes as he carefully placed me back down onto the ground.

 

            When we got home, I emptied out my backpack and started packing some clothes. Since I gained so much money throughout half the year, I finally had an actual shopping day! I went to the shopping mall with Asuna who helped me pick out some clothes. We went to a variety of stores and tried on a plethora of clothes.

             After I finished packing, I went out of the room to go see what Jin was doing. He sat down against the wall with his eyes closed and earbuds plugged into both ears. He looked so adorable sleeping. I sat down next to him and just examined his beautiful, flawless face; his clear skin, to his cute, plump, kissable lips, to his cute little nose. Jin opened one eye. I scooted back in surprise.

            "I can feel you staring at me. I thought you said Sungmin was better looking than me?" Jin said with a sneer.

            "He is but you have better features than him up close," I put my face close to his so there was barely any space between us.

            "You know you changed so much ever since we started dating," he said, looking intently in my eyes.

            "Have I really?" I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled.

            "Yes, you have," he stood up and scooped me up in his arms. "Let's go to bed, we have to get up early tomorrow."