Chapter 25

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            As time went by, the sun seems to slowly seep away letting darkness take over. More people kept glancing our way and whispered things to each other. It’s probably about us but we didn't care.

            "You know, they actually look cute together." "What are you talking about? She's just some poor ugly girl she doesn't even wear makeup."

            "But to think about, she's actually pretty but not as pretty as us just like a level or two below us." "Jinmi or Boin, I think I like Jinmi better." "Jinmi is so cute!"

            "We should get to know Bomi better!" "We can't! Dasom is going to kill us and treat us like Bomi; we can't let our image go down!" "But she doesn't seem like a bad person what if she's not even poor?"  

            Their whispers polluted the air as they spoke, however, we can pretty much hear them since those girls are really bad whisperers. Their words made me happy but upset at the same time.

 

            It was now time for the campfire and I’m so excited just because it’s my first campfire. Students started bringing their blankets to cuddle with their boyfriends or girlfriend or with their best friends so Jin and I brought one as well. The fire was blazing hot on our faces but we still kept the blanket wrapped around us. Jin pulled it tighter around us and pulled me closer to him.

            "Hasn't this been an interesting day?" Jin chuckled.

            "It sure has," I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

            Everyone was talking and laughing around us doing their own business. Some people were being comedians or trying to show us their cool dance moves under the beautiful lit sky.

            "Jin, look at all the stars!" I said and pointed my finger up at the sky. "Wow, they're so sparkly!"

            "Not as sparkly as your eyes," Jin said and I snapped my head up to look at him.

            "You're too cheesy!" I scrunched up my face and slapped his chest.
            "But you love cheese," Jin replied.

            "What? Okay then," I shook my head totally confused; I turned my attention back to the stars.

            "Look there's the big dipper," Jin pointed out

            "Where?" I asked, he took my hand and pointed to the constellation.

            After seeing the constellation, our hands were still up in the air so I moved my hand so that our fingers enlaced together. We both looked at each other and smiled. We sat in silence enjoying each other’s' presence.

            "Jin, I'll be right back I'm going to the bathroom," I said, getting up.

            "Do you need to me to come with you, in just in case?" He asked, standing up as well.

            "No, I'll be fine and if they do get me, I'll try to ruin their makeup or hair before they touch me," I said with a smile.

            "That's my girl but be careful, they go crazy if you ruin their eye makeup," he said, playing along.

            "That's where I'll ruin first!" I laughed, walking away.

            "Wait, here take this," he handed me a flashlight. "It's dark over there."

            "Thanks," I took the flashlight from his hands.

            "Be safe and scream if you're in trouble, I will be there before you know it," he said and placed his forehead on mine.

            "You worry too much," I said, pecking his lips and then walked away. I the flashlight and let the light guide me to the bathroom house.

 

            After doing my business, I headed outside to wash my hands. I found it weird how the sinks were outside the toilet but whatever.

            I heard some shuffling and footsteps, I shined my flashlight around. "Jin?" I called out but there was no answer.

            I began shake in fear since we were in the woods – the woods are always haunted with ghosts. The worst part was: I was alone. "Jin, if you are trying to scare me, it's not funny!"

            Suddenly, I was picked up and carried off. I dropped the flashlight, which crashed to the ground with a crack but the bulb shining brightly.

            I screamed but it was soon covered with someone with rough hands. My back smacked against a brick wall (the bathroom house) and was being held tightly to it. I couldn't make out who it was but I can tell this person was male, tall, and strong.

            "Who are you?" I managed to say, with his hand still covered my mouth.

            He then took his hand off my mouth but before I could even make the slightest sound, he rammed his lips onto mine. I started screaming but they were all mumbled because his lips moving around mine.

            "I don't care if you already belong to someone, I just want to make you mine," he said his lips moving down to my neck and putting his hand up the back of my shirt, touching my . 

            I know this voice but who does it belong too? I thought as I tried to escape his tight grip.

            "Jin…" I tried screaming out but he just slapped his hand back onto my mouth.

            "Say another word and my lips go back on yours'!" He threatened. "A little birdie told me you had a crush on me back in freshmen year so I thought you'd be happy finally having a kiss from me."

            "You're just an , Dujoon!" I said and I pushed his hand away.

            "Am I?" I can tell he was smirking. I kicked him in the leg which made him cringe and I started running.

            "Ji!" I yelled as loud as I can but I was caught by Dujoon. He started to put rough kisses onto my neck again. "Jin!" I cried out as tears poured down my cheek.

            "Get your hands off of her, bastard!"

            I was dropped to the ground and heard punches being thrown and then someone running away. My guesses were, it was Dujoon running off.

            "Bomi, are you okay?" Jin asked me as he helped me off the ground I engulfed him into a tight embrace.

            "I was so scared, Jin!" I cried into his chest. “I didn’t know what to do and… and…”

            "I know, I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough," he rubbed my back to try to comfort me. "You were taking a long time to come back so I started walking towards the bathrooms when I heard you scream so I ran as fast as I could."

            "I'm so glad you came," I wept.

            "I know, let’s go back to the cabin, it’s getting late," he suggested and I nodded but then he bent down hinting he's going to give me a piggy back ride to the cabin, I hopped on. 

            When we arrived back at the cabin, it was still empty. I took a quick shower to rub off all the Dujoon on my body. I felt much better after scrubbing off every infected area of the disease.

             I hopped into bed next to Jin. He quickly grabbed my towel to help dry my hair which kept dripping all over the bed.

            "Feel better?" He asked as he rubbed my head with the towel.

            "Yeah, a lot better," I answered, snapping my head back and gave him an assuring smile.

            "What was he even doing to you? I couldn't see it was too dark but I know he was hugging you tightly," He said.

            "He was talking about making me his and that he doesn't care if I had a boyfriend and he kissed me on my lips and he was putting rough kisses on my neck, he even put his hand up the back my shirt then he talked about when we first met and when I had a crush on him," I explained.

            "He what? That’s I’m gonna go kill that sudden of a…" Jin stood up but I grabbed his arm.

            “Jin, just leave it,” I told him.

            “Leave what, Bomi? That’s basically ual harassment,” Jin explained to me. “I will never let you go through that.”

            I bit my lip. “I know but he’s done it with every other girl, I’m just the only one who didn’t like it.”

            “Fine but I will never forget what he has done to you,” he sat back down by my side. “So did you really have a crush on him?”

            "Yeah, that was freshman year. Then later on, he turned his back on me and started bullying me. That’s why it was hard for me to trust anyone or at least love anyone," I replied.

            "That was all in the past so you can forget about it. Now you got me," he leaned over and kissed my cheek. "So I heard tomorrow everyone is heading to the beach to hang out and then we go home at two o'clock."

            "Really, I'm probably going to be the only girl wearing jeans to the beach," I said, lying down on the bed.

            "You can borrow my shorts," Jin said, also lying down next to me.

            "Uh, I don't think so," I moved my head onto his chest and he started fiddling with my hair which I found relaxing. "But it’s okay, I don't want to show too much skin anyway."

            I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

~ The Next Day ~

            I woke up to the sun rays that shining down on my face I turned around to see Jin's flawless face. Once I got a good look, I slowly got up to wash up and prepare to go back home.

            But then I was pulled back down. "Where are you going?" Jin asked with his eyes closed, holding me tightly.

            "Where else?" I rolled my eyes. "I need to brush my teeth."

            "Five more minutes we can brush together," he whispered, rolling me over to his side.

            "You can sleep five more minutes and I can go brush," I said, pushing his strong arms away and walked into the bathroom.

 

            When I finished, I walked back into the room to see all the boys awake and packing up their belongings.

            "Oh Bomi, I found this by the door. I think this is for you," Jin said, handing me a neatly folded pile clothes: It was shorts and a t-shirt. The shorts were a beige color while the t-shirt was white with light black strips going across.

            "Jin, you didn't have to," I said, taking the clothes from him. 

            "I didn't do it," he said.

            "What?" I gave him a confused look.

            "They were by the door when I woke up," he said. I looked over to the other boys who just shrugged their shoulders.

            There was a little pink sticky note attached on the top. 

            These were too small for me so I wanted you to have them. Please treat them well and wear them with confidence too! 

          ~ Friends

          P.S. Wear them at the beach so we know how cute it looks on you!

 

~ Last Night ~

AUTHOR

            "Ahhhhh!"

            "What's wrong, Yoojung?" Serin asked, running into the bathroom.

            "I'm too fat to fit in my shorts!" Yoojung cried out as she tried to squeeze through the tight shorts. "I wore these last week!"

            "Just throw them out and get new ones," Serin said taking it like it was no big deal.

            "I can't just throw them out. They were expensive," Yoojung said with serious face.

            "How much were they?" Serin asked folding her arms.

            "Thirty-six dollars..." Yoojung said, biting her lip.

            "Yah!" Serin was shocked knowing her friend was not exactly rich or poor. "Why'd you buy them?"

            "Because they were so cute and they looked great with my legs," Yoojung said, pouting. "What am I supposed to wear to the beach tomorrow now?"

            "Oh I don't know, maybe, the ten million other shorts and t-shirts you bought with you," Serin said, sarcastically.

            "Not funny! What am I supposed to do with this?" Yoojung questioned, hold up the pair of shorts. "None of you guys are this size."

            "I got it, give them to Bomi," Serin answered.

            "But we can't be seen with her," Yoojung whispered.

            "Who says we have to personally give it to her," Serin smiled and finally Yoojung caught on.

            "Wait, she can't just have the shorts. She needs something to go with it," Yoojung pointed out and dug through her suitcase.

            After searching the right shirt for Bomi, they folded the clothes up neatly and stuck a sticky note on top and wrote a small note.

             "You sure we won't get caught?" Yoojung whispered as they walked through the dark forest towards Bomi’s cabin.

            "Yoojung, quit worrying. Lights are out to be at eleven and supposedly Mrs. Chan and her husband are going around checking the cabins and so we will pretend to be them and sneak the clothes inside," Serin whispered the plan to her friend.

            Finally when they reached Bomi's cabin, they shined the flashlight in through the window to make sure no one was awake. They then slowly opened the door and dropped the clothes in and ran off before anyone could spot them.

BOMI

          I went into the bathroom and changed into my new clothes and they fitted perfectly. I walked out feeling a little embarrassed since I was showing a lot of skin. I know I wear shorts and a t-shirt to gym but these shorts were short a lot shorter.

            "How do I look?" I asked and all the boys looked up with shocked expressions.

            "Wow, just stunning!" Jin said.

            "Really, it's not too short right?" I asked, rubbing my bare legs.

            "Not at all," he answered.

            When everyone was ready, we all headed out and walked along the path to head to the beach. The beach was so glorious with its golden sand, the waves crashing at our feet and the sun beaming down on our faces.

            "Let’s go!" Jin said, dragging me to the water.

            "No! Jin, I don't plan to get these clothes wet!" I yelled, trying to bury my feet into the sand to stop him from dragging me any further.

            He stopped dragging me. "Okay, I won't do it. Let's just walk alongside the water then."

            We held hands as we walked along the crashing waters and since I was the one wearing sandals, I walked closest to the water. I think this scene would've been better if the sun was setting but I guess it doesn't matter as long we were together.

            "You should wear outfits like this more often," Jin said.

            "Ha, you wish," I replied. We stopped walking and he turned me around to look at him.

            "Who cares anyway because you look beautiful with whatever you wear," I stared into his brown eyes.

            "Even in a clown suit?"  I asked.

            "Even in a clown suit," he leaned in and kissed me gently on my lips.

 

            "Okay, you kids have everything!" Mrs. Chan called out. 

            "Yes!" We all replied with our bags in hand and ready to get boarded onto the bus.

            “You sure? Because I don’t want anyone crying that they left their eyeliner in their cabin,” Mrs. Chan said.

            “We just want to go home, Mrs. Chan!”

            “Alright, alright! Let’s get going!” She waved her hand and climbed up onto the bus.

             We then boarded the bus and making our way back to Seoul.