Chapter 27

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            I stared at her. Oh, how beautiful and happy she looks now that the pain and suffering is gone. I widely grinned at the mirror.  Today was the day that everyone shall be rebellious and not wear our school uniform. Okay, it’s is probably not very rebellious to not dress up since we are informed not to, but I usually wore mine. Anyway, I took this opportunity to dress nicely so I decided to wear a plain white V-neck, a black cardigan, a black A-line skirt, and my black and white polka-dot shoes. It was a nice day to wear black and white or any day is always a great day to rep black and white.

            “You ready for today?” Jaesun asked giving me a back hug. Jin and I decided to both rep matching black and white outfits to show our love for each other and to let everyone know we are a couple.

            I nodded my head in response. I stood on my way tippy-toes and pecked him on the cheek. “Let’s get going before we’re late for school.”

           

            We walked up the school steps and into the school building my arm wrapped around Jin's as we waved hi to the other students who waved back at us, happily.

            “Good morning, Mrs. Chan!” Jin and I bowed down.

            “Ah, isn’t it my favorite students?” She clapped her hands and hugged us both, tightly. “Please seat down class should be starting soon.”

            The bell rang and everyone scattered to their seats. Everyone sat down with large smiles plastered on their faces.

            “My beautiful and handsome students, I am proud to say congrats on your graduation today!” She yelled and we all cheered. “I’m glad I got the chance to teach you all you.”

            Yes, you all heard correctly. Today is graduation day! The day we were all waiting for has now come to be.

            “Today will be no classes and we will get right onto our graduation ceremony and our hall of fame awards,” she informed us. “Now, let’s get your graduation gowns, shall we?”

            If only Eric was here to see how gorgeous this gowns were. The graduations cap and gowns were a smooth, silk royal blue and as for honors students, we get a special gold ribbon to go around our shoulders with Honors stitched into it.

            “Ah! I think I might cry. Aish!” Mrs. Chan turned her face around to hide her tears and embarrassment. Everyone awed at Mrs. Chan cuteness. “Now that everyone is dressed beautifully in their gowns, let’s head outside to the field on this beautiful day.”

 

            “Welcome, parents and students of Junseo High,” the principal, Mrs. Kim, greeted. She is a middle-aged woman with fair skin and little wrinkles. “I’m glad to see all these wonderful faces here today…”

            She went on and on about the beauty and intelligence of this year’s seniors. “I will now call each student from their classroom. We will start on the honors classes. From Mrs. Chan’s classroom: Ahn Minsung.”

            One by one each student went up and received their diploma. “Park Bomi.”

            Surprisingly, everyone cheered and clapped as I walked across the grass up to the stage. Suddenly, I tripped on someone’s foot but I was luckily caught by a random male student. “Are you okay?”

            “I’m okay, thank you,” I smiled at him.

            “Gu Taejoon, we had enough of your bullying,” he stood up and yelled at Taejoon over the crowd.

            “I don’t care what you have to say,” Dujoon smirked and crossed his arms.

            I continued walking and walked up onto the stage. “Congratulations,” I shook hands with Mrs. Kim and bowed down ninety degrees.

 

            “Let’s give a round of applause to our 2015 Junseo High seniors!” Mrs. Kim announced and the crowd went crazy, she then held her hand up to silence the crowd. “Now speeches from our teachers.”

            Mrs. Chan stood up to the podium. “Hello everyone, I’m Mrs. Chan, an honors teacher here at Junseo. I’m glad to have taught a class of such smart and unintelligent, horrid students,” everyone gasped. “Don’t get me wrong, they are very smart, but I knew what went around in the classroom and this school that makes me sick to my stomach and furious. No, I am outraged! Before our senior trip, I had placed everyone in a cabin and the question of, why Park Bomi was allowed to be in a boys’ cabin was prompted. And I believe I must reveal why I let Miss Park Bomi have males in her cabin are because all of you little kids are abhorrent little es.”           

            Everyone was in complete shock. Everyone's jaw dropped as they stared at Mrs. Chan dumbfounded. "You all mistreated her like she was some crumpled up piece of paper no one wanted. She never deserved any of that. No one deserves to be treated like that at all. I am astonished that this hell of a school let all you impertinent students receive that diploma of honesty, integrity, self-ness, forgiveness, etc. that you don’t deserve."

            Someone stood up clapping: Mr. Jeon. All of a sudden, everyone was standing and cheering except for the students who knew they did wrong which was about everyone in the school. Even the principal was clapping.

            “Now before I go on, I must say I will not be teaching here at Junseo anymore and I will be a professor at Ewha Woman’s University as a journalist professor. Please no questions and I apologize if you wanted a younger sibling to have me,” she took a moment to recollect herself.

            “Now I have one more announcement to make. These two students were driving me insane with all their applications forms that kept bringing to my desk for the last two weeks. But I did enjoy having a young, handsome, and intelligent man bring all he had to the table even if he was distracted by a little miss who is the smartest and most beautiful women here at this school. So please give an enormous applause to my favorite students, Park Bomi and Kim Seokjin for getting accepted and received a four year scholarship into Seoul University!”

            I was truly speechless and so was Jin. We both turned and stared into each other’s eyes.

            Is this real? I can’t move, can you?  I mentally asked Jin.

            In my head, I could hear him reply back. I don’t know and me neither. Can we just stay here? Jin tilted his head to the side.

             “Go up!” Serin yelled and pushed me and Jin out of our seats bringing us back into reality.

            The crowd went crazy as we staggered as we walked back up on stage. We gripped the hardcover folder that held our certificate and scholarships. “Thank you, thank you!” Jin and I bowed down multiple times towards Mrs. Chan and Mrs. Kim. I began to tear up a bit.

            I turned my back away from the elders, but was turned around to be hugged my Mrs. Chan and Mrs. Kim rubbing my shoulder.

            “Aww, Bomi-ah!” The crowd cried out.

            We walked back down to our seats. “We did it, Bomi!” Jin whispered in my ear.

            “Yes, yes we did,” I wiped my left over tears.

 

            “Time to hand out awards, we have ten categories: Best Hairstyle, Cutest Couple, Best Dancers, Most Athletic, Most Popular, Most artistic, Class Clown, Most likely to Succeed, Most likely to become a K-pop idol, and Most likely to become a model. Please come up and stay on the stage to collect your plagues.” Mr. Jeon spoke into the mic.

             “For Best Hairstyle, we have Hwang Dasom and Min Yoongi, Cutest Couple: Kim Seokjin and Park Bomi, Best Dancers: Speed and Infinite, Most Athletic: Gu Taejoon and Park Insoo, Most Popular: Bangtan, Most Artistic: Nam Daniel and Im Honey, Class Clown: Park Jimin and Seo Gooksu, Most likely to succeed: Park Bomi and Min Yoongi, Most likely to become a K-pop idol: B.A.P, and Most likely to become a super models: Park Serin and Seo Yoojung, please give a round of applause to our award winners.”

 

            After everyone greeted one another, it was time to head home. “Mr. Hyung wants us to go to the restaurant for a surprise dinner,” I told Bangtan and Speed.

           "It's not so much a surprise since he told us it's a surprise," Hoseok laughed.

           

            I raised my glass of sparkling apple cider high in the air. “To surviving senior year!”

            “To surviving senior year!” Everyone cheered and drank the fizzy drink.

            “Ah… So where’s the actual alcohol?” Jimin looked around to find Mr. Hyung. Jungkook knocked him on the back of the head. “Dude!”

            “Three more years just three more years Jimin, okay?”

            “So what is everyone’s plan for the future?” Hoseok asked.

            “Well, Speed has auditioned at an entertainment, we’re still waiting for our acceptance letter,” Jungwoo answered. Everyone clapped and exchanged our words of support and thank you.

            "But, maybe, I'll go as a solo because who needs you low-life people," Jiseok smirked and leaned back in his chair. We all glared at him. "I'm just kidding!"

             “Anyway, I don’t know yet. I guess wherever the road takes me,” I said with a smile.

            “Or us,” Jin wrapped and arm around my shoulders.

            “I still can’t believe we graduated,” Yoongi said and we all nodded in agreement.

            “You know I can’t believe Mrs. Chan cursed and Mrs. Kim agreed with her,” Taehyung pointed out.

            “I was always suspicious of Mrs. Kim,” Sungmin rubbed his chin and squinted his eyes in deep thought. “She always seems to know everything, but doesn’t say anything.”

            “I thought I was the only one,” Namjoon high-fived Sungmin from across the table, nearly spilling all the drinks.

            “You must really be her favorite,” Jiseok pointed out.

            “I didn’t do much I graded papers, got 100%s on my test and quizzes, had perfect attendance, and did all my notes. It’s not a lot to ask for,” I shrugged my shoulders.

            “So what do you guys plan to do with that scholarship?” Sungmin asked.

            “Like I said, wherever the road takes us,” I said.

            “Well, let’s all hope in the near future we will succeed and have a wonderful life!” Yoohwan raised another glass of apple cider and we all did the same.

            “To a successful life!” We cheered.

            “And marriage and… a baby,” Jiseok snickered making the others laugh as well.

I shook my head in embarrassment and just went along with it. “And I still wonder why I’m still friends with you.”

            “Hey!”

            “But I love you, guys.”

            That day was a day to cherish the memories we shared forever and ever.

            What I finally realized that day was we all have our own strengths and weaknesses and our weaknesses always get to the better of us. But with the help of others, those weaknesses add on to our list of strengths.

            And to that day, I grew stronger and better every day. Also, every happy ending always ends in I love you.

===============================================

Ta-da that's the end!! 

But wait there's more!!! I have a bonus epilogue chapter coming up soon so please be ready for it!