Chapter 26

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            There is only two weeks left until school is over and I’m so excited! The bullying became less frequent though I'm still called names here and there but I don't care anymore.

            Anyway, another important event is this week on Friday is Prom Day and all the guys around the school are asking girls out. I didn't really want to go to prom. What I want is to hang out at home with Jin but at the same time I do want to go and Jin and I are (you know) dating, I do wish he would ask me to go with him because (if there were any guys) what if someone does ask me to go? Of course, I would reject them but still you never know.

 

~ Prom Day ~

            It was prom day; Jin and I were eating lunch together when Jin all of a sudden stood up from the table. "Excuse me for a moment," he said.

            "Okay," I said, clueless to what was going to happen next.

            After a few minutes of waiting for Jin, someone tapped me on my shoulder. "Ahem, Bomi."

            I turned around hearing Ji's voice. Jin was stood behind with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

            "I know this is a little late and obviously, we are already dating but it doesn't sound right if I didn't ask this question, so will you go to prom with me?" He asked, holding out the flowers to me.

            The cafeteria was silent and I can tell everyone was anticipating for my answer, despite, they already know that we are a thing.

            "Of course, I will!" I said, taking the flowers and stood up to hug him. Surprisingly, everyone clapped and cheered loudly for us.

 

JIN

            I knew that her answer was going to be yes but I was just so relieved that she accepted. I bought the tickets a head of time and thought of asking her later then I kind of lost the tickets. Luckily, I found them so that's why I asked her on the day of prom.

 

BOMI

            What am I going to do now; I don't even have a dress? I thought really hard on what I was going to do as Jin and I walked to my locker to put away my textbook.

             I opened my locker and a small note fell out, I picked it up and read the note.

            Meet us at the back of the school when school ends for a special surprise. Please come, I'm sure you will love it!

          ~ Your guardian angels Friends

            "Sounds pretty sketchy to me so I'll come with you in just in case if this surprise is something that you won't love at all," Jin said, squeezing my hand.

            "Okay," I said, shoving the note in my pocket. “I wonder why they crossed out guardian angels.”

 

~ End of the Day ~ 

            We walked to the back of the school and spotted two girls waiting a few feet away from the double doors.

            "Oh, Bomi!" One of them greeted and I bowed a little. She was a little taller than the other girl and bigger. Not saying she's fat. No, not at all. She’s skinny but a good skinny (if you understand what I mean).

            "Ay, no need to be formal," the other one said. She was the shorter one. I think we were about the same height she was also skinny, skinnier than the tall one though.

            "I'm Yoojung," the tall one greeted first.

            "I'm Serin," the shorter greeted next.

            "We're the girls who gave you the shorts and the t-shirts," Yoojung said. "Or, at least, I did since they were my clothes that got too small for me for some odd reason.”

            "Oh my goodness, thank you so much," I said, giving them a kind smile. "So what's the meaning of you guys secretly putting a note in my locker?"

            "Oh well, you know prom is tonight and we would like to take you shopping for your dress for tonight!" Serin said.

            "Oh, that’s okay. I don't have any money, anyway," I said, recalling all the random stuff I had purchased lately. So, I thought it about time to stop and save it for important random stuff.

            "Oh, don’t worry I'll buy," Serin said.

            "No, I can't make you do that," I said, still refusing no matter how much I really want to go with them.

            "Hey, I have money. I’m not trying to brag but my parents own a company and I'm pretty sure buying you something won't hurt us at all," Serin said, taking my hand. "So will you come along, please?"

            "I'm sure you want to look nice for your Prince Charming," Yoojung said and looked at Jin.

            "Okay, I'll go!" I said, happily at the mention of looking pretty for Jin.

            "Yay! Don't worry we will take her to prom tonight so you just arrive at school and be amazed!" Yoojung told Jin as Serin dragged me away to her car.

            "Wait!" Jin called out and ran to me.

            "Come on love birds, we don't have all day prom starts in five hours," Serin said, tapping her foot.

            "Just one second," I said and turned to face Jin.

            "Just be safe and I'll at the front of the school at eight o'clock waiting for you," Jin said, kissing the top of my forehead.

            "Okay," I said.

            "Kay, let’s go!" Yoojung said, dragging me away.

            We hopped into the backseat of Serin’s car and drove off. “Austin, drive us to me mall please,” Serin told her driver.

            “Yes, Miss Park,” I bowed his head through the rearview mirror.

 

JIN

            After Bomi went off with Yoojung and Serin, I started walking home and then an idea popped into my head. I took out my phone and dialed his number.

            "Hey Sungmin, you want to go shopping with me?" I asked him.

            "For what?" Sungmin asked.

            "Prom," I answered.

            “I don't have a date plus I didn't buy a ticket," Sungmin replied.

            "Exactly why you go semi-stag, man. They are still selling tickets for thirty minutes at eight o'clock when you get in, you try and score on a girl that is alone or with a group of friends especially a group of girls, hence, why I said semi-stag," I said.

            "Okay, I'll go with you," Sungmin said.

            "Yes! Okay, I'm on my way to pick you up," I ended the call and quickly headed towards Sungmin's house.

 

BOMI

            We arrived at a dress store that looked and smelled expensive.

            “We already got our dresses so this shopping will be focused all on you,” Yoojung said to me.           

            They shoved me into the dressing room and handed me a whole variety of dresses. I tried on dresses all shapes, sizes, and colors. I avoided anything too colorful and sparkly, anything too long or too short, and anything too poufy or skin-tight. Also, dresses that were strapless were a no go. Every dress I tried on, I had to walk out and show the girls.

             Finally when I found the perfect dress, I stepped out the dressing room and spun around showing the girls.

            "Amazing!" exclaimed Yoojung, clapping her hands.

            "Beautiful! Jin will love it!" Serin said.

            "Really?" I smiled and spun around once more.

            The dress I chose is a cute small pink dress with thin straps that had a black, sparkly belt that wrapped around my waist. The dress length ended just right above my knees; the same length as our school uniform skirts. The dress was almost silky with a fabric feel to it; it was very soft and comfortable feeling.

            "Here try these on," Yoojung handed me a pair of black flat.

            "Perfect!" Serin smiled, brightly. “Dear lord, I think I might cry.”

            After I changed out of the dress, we headed to the cashier and paid for my dress. I was going to faint because it was so expensive. I was so grateful they would do this for me.

            "Thank you so much, Serin," I will definitely cherish this dress forever. I gripped the bag handles.

            "No problem, now we have… OH MY GOSH! We only have an hour till prom. Let's hurry and go get our hair and makeup done before we're late!" Serin said, running to the car. “Austin, head to the hair salon and please step on it.”

 

JIN

            “Here, try this on,” I handed Sungmin a tux.

            “Yah, this isn’t my color,” Sungmin whined at the wine red tux I held up.

            “Oh my goodness, just try it on,” I rolled my eyes and pushed him into the dressing room. “We only have an hour left.”

            I also went inside one of the dressing room to try on my tux. We both got out at the same time and admired our handsome selves in the mirror.

            “I guess this dark red is my color,” Sungmin nodded as he posed in the mirror.

            “I told you,” I said as I ruffled up his brown hair. “Navy blue isn’t that bad on me either.”

            Let's pray that I match with Bomi tonight.

 

BOMI

            Once we arrived at the salon, we dashed right in. We quickly got seated and the stylist got us all ready in just minutes.

            I looked at myself in the mirror and was truly astonished at my transformation. It was like looking at another dimension of beauty. I like the first dimension of beauty without make-up better though.

            My hair was filled with simple curls and my makeup was very, simple and natural, nothing too crazy. I had eyeliner, mascara and light pink lipstick to with match with dress. Since we didn't have much time, we were scooted to the back into a changing room and changed into our dresses. We hopped back into the car and made our way towards school.

 

            "I'm sorry Bomi, we have to drop you off right here. I hope you understand," Serin said as we stopped a few feet before the school gates.

            "I understand you did so much for me today and I thank you for that," I said, getting out and walked the rest to school. Good thing they didn't drop me off really far away. I climbed up the stairs and I felt all pairs of eyes on me. I felt like a movie star in the movies walking down the red carpet, despite, I was walking up dull gray cement steps instead.

             I see Jin talking to Sungmin when he turned around taking a glance at me, I blushed and pushed my hair behind one ear.

            "There's my Cinderella!" Jin walked over to me and pecked my cheek. I took a good look at Jin who was wearing a navy blue suit. It didn’t really match my outfit but he still looked more handsome than ever.

            "And here is my prince charming," I smiled at him.

            "Come on, let’s go," Jin slipped his hand into mine and walked me inside but instead of going into the gym where the dance was held, we went up onto the roof.

            "Why are we here?" I asked him.

            "Look for yourself," he moved aside and revealed what he had setup. The roof was glowing with twinklings christmas lights and a table with two chairs and on the table was a bowl of salad.

            "Salad? Really?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

            "Well... you know... umm…" he rubbed the back of his neck.

            "And I love it," I held both of his arms and made him sit down.

            We ate some salad and talked for a bit. Jin got out his phone and played some beautiful orchestra music; he got and stuck out his hand towards me.

            "May I have this dance?" He asked.

            "Oh, I can't dance," I said, waving my hands at him.

            "Oh, really now? Not what I heard from Sungmin," he grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

            "But that was like pop music, I never danced to a slow song before," I explained as he pulled me towards a small clearing.

            "It’s okay, just stand on my feet," I did as I was told and hugged myself close to Jin's chest.

            "Jin?" I called his name

            "Yes," he answered.

            "Why of all girls did you choose me? I'm not pretty, I don't have a lot of money, and my life has been a nightmare."

            "Because I have all of that," we stopped dancing and I snapped my head up.

            "Eh?" I have him a confused look.

            Jin chuckled. "I'm good looking, I have a good amount of money, and well, my life isn't good. It's perfect now that it’s filled with you," he said and returned dancing.

            "You're too cheesy and weird," I giggled and leaning my head against his chest as we slowly swayed side by side.

            "I love you too, Bomi."

==================================

And if you think this the end just wait till tomorrow!