Epliogue

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI    

            Four years has past now, Jin and I are still together living under the same roof. We both work at Yong Su San (the restaurant that I have been working at since high school). We both finished college and got our Masters' in Business since we clearly did not know what we both wanted to be as our dream jobs. Anyway, with the money we saved, we bought a new house that's much bigger than our first one with two stories.

 

            It was a normal day in the house; Jin and I were relaxing and watching TV in the living room, when Jin started nudging my face with his face.
            "What?" I questioned.
            "Please?" He asked.
            "Please what?" I asked laughed since he was tickling my face.
            "Can I have a kiss, please?" he asked, pouting his lips.
            "Geez, fine," I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to me. He started leaning in close to my face but before our lips touched the doorbell rang.
            "Ugh!" Jin groaned.
            "Yah! I kiss you every day, what difference does this one make?" I rolled my eyes. "I'll go get." He nodded his head. I walked over to the door. "Who is it?" I called.
            "It’s me," said a familiar voice.

            No, it can’t be. It’s not even possible, I thought and I slowly opened the door and who I saw brought tears to my eyes. "Eric..." I started crying. "Eric!" I screamed and jumped on him.
            "Ah! It's me, Bomi!" He squeezed me tightly.
            "Bomi, is everything alright?" Jin came running over to the front door. "I heard you scream."
            "Jin, look it’s Eric!" I said, letting go of Eric.
            "You mean your cousin but how?" Jin was also shocked.
            "How are you here?" I asked Eric. He smiled and wiped away my tears away with his thumbs.

            "Let me explain inside," Eric said.
            "Of course, come in," I said, moving aside and pulling Jin out of the move t make more room for Eric.

            "You haven't changed much Bomi," Eric said as he sat down on the couch and we sat across from him.
            "You haven't either, I recognized you by your chicken legs," I laughed.
            "Yah!" He yelled. "So who is this?" He pointed at Jin.
            "He-he, this is my boyfriend," I answered, holding onto Jin’s arm.
            "Eh?! Boyfriend! Full Name, Date of birth, Age, gender, do you drink, where do you work at?!" He threw a bunch of fastballs at Jin.
            "Kim Seokjin, December 4, 1996, twenty-one, I'm a man… No, I don't drink and I work at a restaurant with Bomi," Jin answered quickly.
            "Interesting..." Eric rubbed his chin.
            "Anyway instead of interrogating my boyfriend, you have a bit of explaining to do," I said.
            "Right... So prepare for a long one," he said. "Mmm… where to begin I'll start at the very beginning at that very moment.”


~ Flashback ~
            "We do not want to be contacted if anything happens, I'm sure the boy's parents will do everything," Bomi's father spoke to the policeman.
            "Yes sir, I understand," the policeman said.
            They placed Eric in the ambulance and were off to the hospital. The paramedics noticed Eric was just unconscious from the blood loss (like they seen before) so when they arrived at the hospital, he was put into the Operating Room.

            The surgery was a success and Eric had lived.
            "Brother! It's a miracle, Eric survived!" Eric's father called Bomi's father.
            "Congratulations," Bomi's father said.
            "Sorry for the trouble brother-in-law, we will make sure Eric is a better nephew so we're sending him back to America," Eric's father said.
            "That sounds best for him. Congratulations again," Bomi's father said and hung up the phone. "What are we going to do?"
            "What happened?" Bomi's mother asked.
            "Eric, he is still alive," he answered. "Your brother is gonna send him to America."
            "That's good."

             "It's not good. That boy is going to visit the house anytime soon before he leaves," he rubbed his head and paced round the room. 

             "No, we have to keep him away from Bomi," she said.
            "I got it! Honey, let's go get ourselves a cat," he said with an evil smile.
            They went on searching for a cat in a dark alley. When they found one, they fed it some poisoning and it slowly died. They ran to the nearest vet and had the cat cremated.


            A few days later after Aaron had left the hospital; he headed over to Bomi's house, though, he was to stay at home to recover for a few more days but he needed to go see Bomi.
            He rapped the door two times hoping Bomi would pick it but instead it was her parents.
            "What the hell are you doing here?" Bomi's father asked.
            "Hello to you too, Uncle," Eric greeted with a bow. "Is Bomi home?"
            "Of course not, she's at school," Bomi's mother answered.
            "Oh yeah, is it okay if I wait here for her?" Eric asked.
            "It is NOT okay, you’re not supposed to be at ALL," Bomi's mother replied through gritted teeth.
            "What?" Eric was feeling a bit scared because he knows what her parents are capable of doing and could get away with it easily.
            "If you ever come back to this house, we will hurt Bomi so why don't you do as you are told and go to America and never come back to see her, okay?" Bomi's father said, firmly.
            "Yes, Uncle," Aaron said and ran away as quickly as he could.

            “America, what are they talking about?” Eric asked himself as he ran back home.
            When he got inside, he called for his parents. "Mom, Dad!"
            "Yes, son?" his father answered back.
            Eric walked into the kitchen and sat down at the counter where his parents were drinking tea.
            "You want some tea, honey?" His mother asked him.
            "No thank you, Mother," Eric replied.
            "I'll get you some tea," Eric slapped his forehead as his mother got up and headed towards the teapot.
            "So I went over to Bomi's house but I forgot there was school today and I was told something about going to America," Eric explained, fidgeting with his fingers.
            "Listen Eric," his father put down his newspaper and looked at eldest son. "You've been in a lot of trouble lately…"
            "What trouble?" Eric questioned.
            "Listen. So you can be more focused, we are sending you to go live with your little brother in America," he explained.
            "My brother? You mean Eddie, the one who ran away to go play soccer instead of following your rules to become a lawyer? Yeah sure, okay," Eric rolled his eyes.

            He didn't like his little brother one bit because one, Eric was supposed to run away first and the younger sibling should stay with his parents and two, Eddie never called back and it’s been many years now. Though, they are two years apart his little brother got first dibs on staying with their rich aunt in Washington.
            "Yes, Eddie. You will go to high school with him and finish high school. Then when you finish high school, you're going to college and finish four years or more of college. You cannot come back to Korea until you complete these simple tasks. Understand?" His father looked at Eric sternly.
            "Yes, I understand," Eric answered.
            "Good. Start packing, you're leaving tomorrow," his mother said, placing the tea in front of him. Eric hastily walked back to his room muttering odious words about his parents and slammed his door shut.


            When Bomi arrived home, her parents were in the living room waiting for her.

            "Good, you’re home. Here catch," her mother said and threw a box at her, luckily Bomi caught it.
            "What is it?" She asked.
            "Your cousin's ashes," her mother replied.

             Bomi started tearing up and hugged the box. She ran into her room and burst into tears. After all her tears had dried up, she stood up and grabbed a bundle of cash with her and left the house.


            "How much is it?" Bomi asked the person at the front desk.
            "Its $450 to put them in the displays and its $250 to buy the plot and be buried but also $50 for the stone," he replied.
            "I guess, I'll bury him," Bomi said and hugged the box closer to her.
            "$300 please," he said, Bomi pulled out her money and paid the man. He called some workers and they buried “Eric’s ashes” in the ground.

            Bomi stayed for another hour standing up and looking down at Eric's grave.
            For the years Eric's has been "gone", Bomi went to Eric''s grave often especially on his birthday, Christmas, and other special holidays.

~ End of flashback ~

            I clenched my fists at my sides in anger. "Why the hell would they do that?" I questioned with hot, fiery tears b at the edge of my eyes.
            "Who knows but the good news is that you know is that I'm alive," Eric said and leaned over and hugged me tightly.
            "So when did you get to Korea?" I asked, letting go of him.
            "Five hours ago," he answered.
            "Did you eat yet?" I asked.
            "Nope, I didn’t have the time," he answered.
            "Oh my, you must be so hungry from the long flight mmm… should we cook here or should we go out?" I asked.
            "We should..." Jin started.
            "Oooh, I know we should go out for dinner!" I said. "Let’s go!"


            "Did you see your parents yet?" I asked after we ordered our meal.
            "No and I don't plan to," Eric answered, putting his hands in his lap. "I don't even care if I have a little brother too."
            "What? You have to," I said. "Especially that little brother of yours."
            "No, I don't. They sent me to America to go live with Eddie and I never got the chance to say goodbye to you or at least reveal that I didn't die. And they never told mom was pregnant with Brian which were eighteen years apart!" he responded.
            "Still they must miss you," I said. "And your little brother that you never met, he;s probably three years old now."
            "Fine, I'll go but you have to come with me," he said.
            "Okay then," I said. "So where are you staying if you don't want to see your parents." 
            "At a hotel nearby, it's a really fancy hotel, it's pretty awesome," Eric answered.
            That night was full of smiles and laughter.

 

~ Three months later ~

JIN

            I went to the hotel Bomi's cousin lived at. I knocked on his door a few times until he came out.

            "Oh, hi Jin," Eric greeted with a small bow.

            “Hello Eric," I greeted as I did a 90 degree bow. Always got to be respectful to the people Bomi loves the most.

            "Come on in," Eric moved aside and I stepped in, taking my shoes off. "So what's going on?"

            "Well, I have a request," I answered, turning around to face him.

            "And that is…"

            I explained my request to him. "You sure you are okay with this?" I asked.

            "Of course, if you really love her and she loves you back, it's all good with me," Eric said.

            I smiled widely and engulfed him into a hug. “Whoa, there buddy,” Eric patted my back slowly and I continued to hug him tightly.

 

AUTHOR

            It was a beautiful summer day; the weather was extraordinarily wonderful with a cool breeze. Bomi and Jin were enjoying a small date walking in the park where little kids were running around, smiling and giggling, as the water fountain splashed water on them.

            Jin wore a casual outfit of a pair of skinny jeans with a blue 3/4 sleeve button shirt with black converse while Bomi wore a cute white cotton dress with black flats. They walked around smiling and holding each other’s hand.

            "Jin, can we go get ice cream?" Bomi asked pointing to the small ice cream stand.

            Jin smiled and nodded his hand and walked over to the ice cream stand.  When they got the ice cream, they sat down on a bench that looked over the calm river it was a crowded area but they didn't mind.

            "I'll be right back," Jin said, getting up in a hurry. "Wait here."

            "Okay," Bomi said and continued to eat her ice cream.

 

            Bomi sat there waiting for Jin to return listening to the people around her talk and the water splashing. She finished her ice cream and she waited patiently with her hands folded in her lap.

            "Did her get lost?" Bomi tapped on her phone screen, nervously.

            "BOMI!" Jin ran towards her with a variety and plethora of balloons in hand but he tripped midway and released all the balloons.

            "Oh my goodness!" Bomi ran over to help Jin up but instead of standing up, he stood there on the ground.

            People started to surround them seeing the beautiful scene of Jin down on one knee.

            "Bomi, we have been together for four years and every day I fell in love with you even more. You are my best friend, we’ve done everything together. We finished senior year, college and got our masters' degrees in business together. I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to accomplish all those things. For the rest of my life, I want to create more memories together. So I want to make today the most memorable. Will you marry me?" Jin pulled out a beautiful ring that sparkled in the sunlight with the many small diamonds and one big diamond crafted into the silver ring.

            Bomi’s tears coursed down her face. "Yes! Yes!" Bomi jumped up and kissed Jin passionately on the lips. The crowd cheered around them.

            When they parted, Jin slipped the ring on her ring finger. "Now we can be together forever," Jin whispered into Bomi's ear.

 

~ April 15, 2020 ~

            Bomi sat in her changing room for quite some time looking at her guest list. "Seo Yoojung, Park Serin, Park Collin, Bang Yongguk, Yoo Youngjae, Choi Junhong, Moon Jongup, Kim Himchan Choi Sungmin, Kim Jungwoo, Woo Jiseok, Kim Yoohwan, Shin Jongkook, Park Sejun, Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin, Kim Namjoon, Jeon Jongkook, Jung Hoseok, MIn Yoongi, Yuuki Asuna, Kazuto "Kirito" Kirigaya, Hyung Henry, Hyung Sunny, Eric Nam, Brian Nam, Park Hyejin, Lee Jaekyung, Cho Mimi…" Bomi read out loud.

            She then looked up at her utmost favorite wedding photo with Jin (that’s why it was the one to be printed large).

            They drove quite a distance (three hours) to take photos under the cherry blossoms trees. They traveled to Jinhae, a small town outside of Busan on the southeast coast. Thirty-four thousand cherry trees lined the streets, rivers, and train tracks so it was the perfect place to take pictures.

            They took stunning photos with Bomi in her wedding dress and Jin in his black suit then they took some fun photos of Bomi dressed in cute party dresses while Jin wore different colored suits. They were all dark colored except for the light gray suit he wore.

            However, Bomi’s absolute favorite was of her and Jin. Bomi was in her wedding dress and Jin in his tux standing in the middle of a bridge with his arm around Bomi’s waist, glancing up towards the sky which was layered with cherry blossom crowns as the pink petals swayed and danced around them.         

            Tears ran down Bomi's face. "Hey, don't cry," Asuna said, wiping her tears. "You'll ruin your makeup."

            "I know," Bomi said, sniffling.

            "Stand up and let’s get a good look at you," Asuna said and helped Bomi stand up in front of the full body mirror.

            "Just beautiful," Asuna clapped her hands together as they stared into the mirror.

            "Thank you," Bomi said, patting down her dress. Her dress was a white one-shoulder dress, sewn with little intricate flowers that designed the chest piece, a silver silk band that wrapped around her waist, and the skirt flowed out majestically around her leaving a small trail behind her. 

            "No, thank you, I had so much fun being maid of honor," Asuna said, putting down her clipboard and hugging the bride.

            “Make sure to invite me to yours' and Kirirto's wedding and make me the maid of honor," Bomi said, smiling.

            "I will," She said. "Get ready; the ceremony will be starting soon.”

 

            "You ready?" Eric asked Bomi as they stood in front of the huge oak doors.

            "Yes," Bomi answered and the large doors were pushed opened. Right away, Jin and Bomi made eye contact with each other. Both looked away flushing red.

            Jin looks so perfect in his suit, Bomi thought as she walked down the aisle with Eric by her side. The pianist pressed down the keys beautifully as Bomi took small steps making sure she doesn't trip over her extremely long dress.

            "You take care of my cousin, okay," Eric whispered to Jin as they reached the small stage.

            "I will," Jin nodded his head.

 

            The pastor went on and on when finally the moment of truth came out. "Do you, Kim Seokjin, take Park Bomi as your beloved wife?"

            "I do," Jin answered.

            "And do you, Park Bomi, take Kim Seokjin as your beloved husband?"

            "I do," Bomi answered.

            "You may kiss the bride!"

            Jin leaned in a kiss Bomi as everyone clapped and cheered for the two wedded couple.

 

BOMI

            Afterwards, Jin and I went around the room greeting our guests. Seems like almost everyone was dating someone, Daehyun was dating a girl name Lee Boa and Taehyung was dating Cho Mimi while most people were still single.

            "Congratulations to my best workers!" My boss, Hyung Henry, said and clapped Jin on the back.

            "Thank you!" we bowed down.

            "We have prepared a special wedding gift for the two of you," his wife, Hyung Sunny, said.

            "Oh, there was no need for gifts," I said with a smile.

            "Please you have been working at the restaurant for so many years now, we have to do something for you," Sunny said.

            "As you know, I'm getting old and my wife is getting old too and we would like to just relax and enjoy our life while it lasts. Instead of closing down the restaurant, we want to give it to you," Henry said.

            "Really?"  I was shocked and touched that they wanted to hand over the restaurant over to me.

            “You two are basically our grandchildren,” she cupped my face in her soft wrinkled hands.

            "Here are the keys to the restaurant," Henry dropped the keys in Jin's hand.

            "We didn't want to close down because it's still a very successful restaurant," Sunny said.

            “Thank you, thank you,” I engulfed him into a big hug. "We will take very good care of it.”

 

~ Two Months Later ~

AUTHOR

            Bomi and Jin remodeled the restaurant to make it more modernized and so more young people came in and it became the hang out spot for them.

            Jin was the head chef of the kitchen and Bomi was head waitress while Eric helped with keeping the restaurant in good business by calculating the bills and how much they made.

            They were also in need of more workers because Daehyun quit and became a K-pop star into their school name (B.A.P.), Asuna and Kirito moved back to Japan to live and plan out their future together (and their video game designing company), Sungmin wanted to help but he was also debuting as a K-pop group with Speed, and the rest of the other students that worked there quit because the restaurant scene was just their first job to move on to their dream job.

             Once they put up the Help sign, many students and young adults applied for the job and some were even old classmates.

 

DASOM

            "Yah, Minah I need a job," Dasom whined into the phone as she fiddled around with her make-up.

            "Well, there's this restaurant I'm working at and they need help, they pay you nicely but I don't think..."

            "I'll be right there, send me the address," I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse and my resume. "I'll show you father that I can actually do work."

 

            "Dasom!" Minah waved her hand at me as I entered the restaurant.

            "Hey, can you go get the manager for me?" I asked her.

            "Okay… She's also head waitress so she might be busy," she said and left.

            “Just go get her, will you?” I shooed away and fixed up my make-up some more because as you know you got to look nice to win big.

            After a couple minutes, someone came up to me and I wasn’t expecting to see her face again.

            "Dasom?" I heard her say.

            "Bomi? What the hell are you doing here?" I folded my arms in anger.

            "What about you, what are doing here?" She asked me.

            "I'm looking for a job," I answered.

            "What, your father can't support you anymore?" She laughed.

            "He won't let me work at his company and he won't give me any allowance either," I explained. "But now since I learned you work here, I can't work here anymore!"

            But then a few hot guys walked in that caught my attention. "Or I think you should quit so I can work peacefully." I stood on my tip-toes to get a better look at them.

BOMI

            Is this girl serious? I thought.

            "I don't think you should be talking to your boss like that," I said.

            "B-b-boss!" She yelled and I nodded.

            "What do you even have against me I didn't even do anything wrong to you? You know what; you're just wasting my time, you can leave now." I said, turning around.

            "Wait, no, please I really need to this job," she pleaded. "I only treated you badly because… to be honest I really liked Dujoon and I got jealous and you were really pretty so calling you ugly made me feel more confident. But when Jin came along and Dujoon said he doesn't like clingy girls like me, I started to like Jin. Please forgive me!" she explained and got down on her knees. Everyone was staring at this unbelievable scene of Miss Perfection, Hwang Dasom, down on her knees apologizing.

            "You started working now, go find Minah," I said with a straight face.

            "Does this mean you forgive me?" She called out.

            "No, now move along and Minah will train you," I said, walking away.

 

DASOM

            I let out a shaky breath of relief; I walked around to find Minah.

            "How come you didn't tell me Bomi was the manager here?" I slapped Minah's arm.

            "Ow! Because you didn't let me finish talking on the phone," Minah said, angrily.

            "Ahh, she's so scary now that she's a higher level than me," I rubbed my face in frustration.

            "Whatever, you know she's actually really nice once you get to know her. Here, get changed over there," she said and handed me my uniform. "Also, there's a lot to know about her. Before you make any mistakes, first things first, Bomi is married to Jin and Jin is married to Bomi, no questions asked."

            "Figures," I rolled my eyes and trailed closely behind Minah.

            "And second of all, quit your attitude!" Minah ordered.

 

BOMI

            "We got a new worker," I said to Jin as I walked into the kitchen.

            "Really? Who?" He asked, wiping his hands on a paper towel.

            "Hwang Dasom," I answered.

            "What?" He looked at me with an astonished expression.

            "Yep, she didn't know I was the boss so she started having this attitude towards me and then when I told her that I was the boss, she begged for forgiveness," I explained.

            "Wow…" Jin said, slowly clapping his hands. “The unexpected and crazy events that happened these days are unbelievable!”

 

~ Later that night ~

            “Mrs. Park, you can go home now, don’t worry we can close up,” Irene told to Jin and I.

            “You sure?” I asked her, grabbing my coat.

            “You worry too much Mrs. Kim, please go home and rest,” Baekhyun waved his hand at them as he mopped the floors.

            So with that, Jin and I let the students close up for the night and we walked home in happy silence.

            "You want to take a break?" Jin asked and I nodded.

            We sat down on a bench at a nearby park. "Man, a lot of crazy and amazing things have happened a lot this year hasn't it?"

            "A lot," I replied. Although it was dark outside, the sky was filled with twinkling stars and the bright street lamps shined the darkned sidewalks and grass field. There were a few little kids with their parents running around and playing on the jungle gym.

            "Will we have kids some day?" Jin asked, following my gaze.

            "Maybe, but not now I'm not ready to give up my freedom," I answered, putting my head down onto Jin's shoulder.

 

            When we arrived home, I immediately jumped onto my bed inhaling the minty scent of eucalyptus spearmint that filled with air.

            “Ah, finally home!" I said closing my eyes, Jin then laid down on top of me.

            “You tired, Bomi?” He asked me and I opened my eyes to see his faces inches from mine.

            “Maybe,” I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him closer until our lips met.

            “I love you,” he said between kisses.

            “I love you too.”

=======================================

TADAH!!! THE END!!!

I hope you all enjoyed this crazy emotional rollercoaster! I'm glad many of you loved this story please continue to comment, subscribe, and upvote this story and share it with your friends!!! Thank you all so much and please wait fro what I may have in store next!