Chapter 1

You'll Be Safe in My Arms

BOMI

            First day of senior year! Yippee!

 I hate school so much I just want to leave and never return to that foul place. I studied so hard for the past three years so maybe, just maybe, I would be able to skip grades to end my misery. NOPE I guess it doesn’t work that way at Junseo High.

            Instead, I was put in the Honors classes with a bunch of kids who aren’t really that intelligent (in my opinion that is), but they are really clever on hiding their lies.

            Junseo is just like any other high school; they’re all made up of cliques. You have the popular students who are essentially treated like queens and kings of the school. They even give themselves some ridiculous names to be called. Then there are the nerds, the jocks, and many more. I don’t fit in any category because I rather stay out of any these stupid sections. We shouldn’t be categorized like some computer software file where the files only fit if it comes to its liking. We should be more like a library where we are shelved as a specific category that fit different types of taste and style. It may be the same genre, but each author has a different story to tell.

            Anyway, the three and now four years I've been going to this high school, I've been targeted by the whole school for no exact reason! Is it because I'm poor?  Because that isn’t my freaking fault!

            Every night before bed I would think, “Why wasn't I born to a different couple?” I may sound like a cruel and disrespectful daughter, but just wait till you meet my parents. I don't know why I even call them my parents they're more like demons sent from the devil himself to ruin anyone’s' life they stumble upon and that would be me.

            Well, the demons gave me a name, Bomi. Park Bomi but they never had said my name not even once. Well, maybe, when I was baby but once I started talking, that’s when the name Bomi never existed to them.

~ Flashback to Six Years Old ~

          "Happy Birthday!" Bomi’s mother said, cheerily.

            "Thank you Mother!" Bomi hugged her tightly.

            "We have a big surprise for you," her father announced.

            "Really?" Bomi cupped her small hands on her face; excited to hear what her surprise was.

            "Yep!" They both cheered.

            "We have a new name to call you," Her mother spoke.

            "What is it?!"  Bomi asked with excitement.

            "Nappeun Nyeon," her mother replied.

            "Napp… Nappeun Nyeon?" Being the smart little girl she was Bomi already knew the meaning of the name.

            Bomi’s name was bad bxtch.

~ End of Flashback ~

   I woke up at six in the morning to avoid seeing my parents and to get to school early to avoid the mass crowds of the student body as well. I did my normal routine, which is brushing my teeth then putting on my school uniform (okay, I have to admit this has to be the most expensive thing my parents bought me).

            Putting on my uniform is always the most time consuming part of my mornings. There’s seven parts to my school uniform; however, you most importantly have to wear five parts of the uniform that include the black blazer, your name tag, the white dress shirt, the blue and black striped tie, and the tan skirt that goes a few inches above the knee. The blazer is sort of a weird one though, you can choose to wear your blazer or not. Teachers prefer you wear it so you complete the sophisticated look of a Junseo High School student. The other two parts of the uniform are the white knee high socks and the sweater vest which are also optional.

             It is very important that you wear at least the five parts of the uniform because if you don’t wear your uniform properly you will be punished, so I usually just wear everything except the sweater vest. I only wear that when necessary. 

            Afterwards, I added lotion to my face and then lip balm to my lips. It was now 6:30 A.M, meaning it was time to leave the house. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and picked up my pair of black converse (my one out of two pairs of shoes I have) as I squished my feet into it.

            Most of the stuff I have I bought myself since my parents are too selfish to get me anything.

            "It’s a waste of money, Nappeun Nyeon." My parents would say to me.

Yeah, sure clothes are a waste of money; food is a waste of money, everything I own is a waste of money! Working at a restaurant on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school doesn’t really help pay for a lot of stuff. Sure, I get paid eight dollars an hour and that’s good money, but things nowadays are getting expensive. 

            I suddenly heard movement coming from one of the rooms. 

            Oh no, the demons are waking up, I better leave quickly! I quickly slipped out the front door and made my way towards school.

 

            I stepped through the campus gates and bowed towards Mr. Cho. He’s a teacher who stands at the school gates every morning with a large meter stick (he only carries the meter stick to scare us) to make sure everyone was wearing their uniform properly and so there aren't any tardy students because they will be punished for being late. He also works in the school office with all the student files and documents.

            “Yah, yah, yah! Fix that tie of yours!” I heard him scold a male student.

I looked around the school campus and there was barely anyone to be seen. Good.

            I trudged up the school steps and walked inside the warm building and the familiar stench of bleach filled my lungs. I cautiously stepped towards a set of tables that were conveniently placed a couple meters away from the doors which is where I would receive my school schedule.

            "Hi Miss Park Bomi!" The nurse greeted with a rather large smile pasted on her face. She was in charge of the L-Y table. She knows me pretty well because she’s the school nurse and I always go in to treat my injuries.

            "Hello," I bowed down with my usual emotionless face. I always try my best to keep a poker face on to hide my emotions from everyone.

            "So how was your summer?" She asked, rolling up her sleeves of her white doctor’s coat and shuffling through files to find my schedule.

            "It was a good," I lied. Summer was terrible. I was forced to stay inside the house and just sit in my room all day and night except for that days when I go to work.

            "Good to know you’re having fun! Ah here it is," she pulled out my schedule and before she gave it to me, she takes a look at it. "Wow,  look at all those advanced classes!"

            "I study really hard every day," I commented and took my schedule from her. "Thank you." I bowed down, turned around and left quickly before she started any more conversation.

            "Okay bye!" She called out to me.

           Hmm what subjects do I have? Completely ignoring the peppy nurse. 

 

COLLEGE HONORS – CLASS 6B

Subject 1

Subject 2

Subject 3

Statistics

Reading & Writing

English

Subject 4

Subject 5

Subject 6

Physics

Physical Education

Study Hall

 

            Yes! Finally a study period, which is essentially a free period and I can do anything I want. Wait a minuteClassroom 6B again! Why this classroom? I had this classroom for the last three years. Out of all four honors classes, it had to be this one. Well, at least I'll get my favorite seat.

            When I got to the classroom, I walk over to the table I usually take over. Each table fits at least four people and being the outcast, no one sits by me but I don't mind, no one is there to copy my answers.

            My favorite seat is right by the window; I sit right on the corner where you get a good view outside, especially, since the view is of the professionally decorated front campus of the school with the nicely trimmed brushes, fully bloomed flowers, and green grass. If there’s one thing good about Junseo it’s that this school got some money to spend.

            “I guess it's good to be back after allI don't have to adapt to a new habitat," I said out loud with a small smile. I sat down on the wooden stool and laid out my supplies to fit accordingly to my schedule.

 

JIN

            "Yah you guys, come on hurry!” I called out to the others who were walking slowly behind me while I was continuing a quick pace.

            "Kid, slow down! I don't know why you're so excited for school?" Namjoon questioned.

            "I don't know why either. I just can't wait to see which class I’m in!" I replied as I walked backwards.

            "It's already 7:20, we better hurry up!" Jimin announced starting to pick up his pace and the others started to walk faster as well.

            Finally we reached school and as we walked in, some girls started to fan-girl over us. Yeah, I guess we’re pretty popular around the school.

We stepped towards a set of tables to get our schedule.

            "I wonder if we will have the same class this year." Taehyung questioned as one of the office staff searched through the different files.

            It must be really hard to find everyone’s schedule when everyone basically has the same last name, I thought as I watch the teacher rummaged through all the different Kim files. Plus there’s not just one Kim Seokjin or Kim Taehyung, there could be thousands of us with the same exact name! Well, I guess there can’t be a thousand Kim Seokjins at this school specifically.

            "Yeah, hopefully we do so we can hang out with each other all day!" Jungkook commented and grabbed his schedule. After we were all handed our schedules, we gathered around and compared.

            "Okay, I have class 5A," I said.

            "I do too!" Jimin said and we high five each other.

            "Same here!" In the end, we all were placed in classroom 5A.

            "Come on, class is about to start!" Yoongi informed us as always. Yoongi is really in to school and smart, but I always wonder why he never makes it into the more advanced classes.

            We walked into class just in time before the bell rang when a girl with long wavy hair walked up to us.

            "W-we set up the table for you guys, we even asked the t-teacher for permission to do so and he said it was okay," she stuttered a bit and pointed to the two tables in the back that were pushed together so that all seven of us could fit.

            "Thanks," Hoseok said and ruffled the girl's hair which caused her to squeal and runaway to her friends.

            "Good morning students! Please take your seats," Mr. Oh spoke his voice still thick with an accent so definitely he was someone from the country side who never got use to speaking in a Seoul dialect. “Now before we start anything fun, the school requires you to take a small test to see if you are in the right class. For example, if you need to be put in honors or in a lower grade class." Mr. Oh passed out a two page packet to everyone in the class. 

 

            "That wasn't so bad," I said as I handed in my test.

            "Ha-ha it was super easy I barely understood anything on that test," Namjoon laughed.

            "I will check these tonight and be prepared to possibly move to a different class," Mr. Oh announced. "Let’s start our lesson today, shall we?"

 

BOMI

            Where the heck is the stupid teacher?! It’s been twenty minutes since the bell rang and the teacher has not shown up yet.

            "Well, well, look who we have here isn’t it Little Bomi?" Hwang Dasom questioned in her annoying high pitched voice. 

            Dasom is a nappeun nyeon, but even though I act like this deep down inside I'm terrified of her. I worry in fear every day that I might get hurt really bad.

            "Are you not going to answer me?" She fiddled with my hair and I scooted away from her. "Aw, are you scared?" She grabbed a hold of the stool leg with her foot and dragged the stool away making me fall about two feet to the ground.

            Everyone stopped what they were doing and started to laugh at me. I felt tears b of my eyes but I refuse to let them fall. "How come you haven't disappeared yet? I'm surprised you survived all this time. I will only make it worse for you."

            "Sorry I'm late kids. All my files got mixed up with the class next door." Thank goodness the teacher came in and saved the day before anything else happened. I shuffled back onto my feet and picked myself up onto the stool again.

            “Kids? We’re like eighteen!” Some guy called out.

            She dumped her bag and files onto her desk; her heels made loud clacking noises as she hastily walked around the front of the classroom.

            "Whatever. Please take your seats; the seats you are sitting in now, are your permanent seats unless I feel the need to move you. Okay? Right so I'm Mrs. Chan and so as an honors teacher for seniors, I will be your teacher for all subjects except for gym that will be Mr. Kim." 

            Having one teacher for each subject, cool, at least I only have to deal with two teachers, I thought as she continued to talk.

            “First things first, rules.” Her voiced deepened into something serious and almost scary. Chills ran down my spine and I’m sure everyone was holding their breath.

            “No unexcused absents or tardiness. There are no excuses why you are not here in class learning unless it is major. I expect everyone to be doing their part as a class to do their best to ace senior year!” She smiled widely at the class and everyone (I did as well) let out a sigh of relief.

             "For today, we won't do much since tomorrow we may get new students.” My eyes widen in shock at the words “new students.” 

            “But it seems we won't have many since I see only three seats left." Everyone turned around and stared at me.

            "As if anyone is going to sit by you," I heard Dasom mutter.

            I hope nobody gets into honors or at least be in this class, I don't want them harassing me too 

            Please.

----------------------------------------

 Author's Note: 
 Hey, new readers! By the way, you may continue to comment on this story although it is completed~ I would love to hear what you think and I'm always online to read what you have to say! Thank You! And you may continue~
 
16 Nov. 2018 Update:
HIIIIIII Guys I'm still alive! Anyway, I'm just doing some editing so these updates are just for editing purposes~ Uhm but I am lowkey changing up the story so it might be a bit different from when everyone has first read it soo it might be good to read it again!