Gary's girlfriend

Do you love me?

Gary was taking a shower when his mobile phone finally rang. He wrapped a towel around himself and dashed out of the shower room.

“It must be Kwang Soo calling to tell me about Ji Hyo.” Gary thought. He was running too fast, he slipped and fell down, knocking his head against the bed frame. He didn’t care about the lump on his head, he was more concern about Ji Hyo.

“Kwang Soo?” Gary finally picked the phone.

“Gary Oppa? Is not Lee Kwang Soo, is me. You are waiting for Kwang Soo’s call?” For a moment, Gary was trying to link up the voice and the face.

“Oppa is me. I am Shin Jin.”

“Oh…Shin Jin ar…” Gary could not hide the disappointment in his voice.

“Oppa, if you are waiting for an important call from Lee Kwang Soo, I can hang up first.”

Gary wanted to scold himself.  “Why do I get so worried about Ji Hyo? She is just a colleague. She is not my sister, not my girlfriend. I was so anxious and worried that I could not even recognize the voice of my REAL LIFE girlfriend.”

“Shin Jin, is ok. It is not so important.” Gary tried to hide the disappointment in his voice as much as he could.

“Oppa, let’s go out for supper tonight. I missed you so much. I want to see you. I can be at our usual meeting place in an hour's time.” Shin Jin requested.

“OK, Shin Jin. See you soon.” Gary stared at his phone after he hung up with Shin Jin. “Why isn’t Kwang Soo calling? Should I call Ji Hyo instead?”


Moon Shin Jin, a friend of Simon D. Gary met her at one of the gatherings with his buddies at the pub they usually patronized.

Shin Jin is a model who walks the runway for various brands of lingerie, swim suits and bikinis. She has a good and y figure, standing at the height of 1.70 cm. Her mum is Korean while her dad is Latin. That explains why she has tanned skin without having to go under the sun too much.

After their first meeting at the club, Shin Jin got Gary’s mobile number from Simon D and asked Gary out for lunches and dinners. At first Gary tried to reject the invitations, but Simon D has asked Gary to do him a favor by going out with Shin Jin for once.  Gary did not want to say no to his buddy.

Their first date wasn’t as bad as what Gary has expected. At least, Gary found it interesting when the two of them started talking about music. Shin Jin is a big fan of Jazz and Hip Hop music. Both of them clicked immediately when the topic was about music. Since Gary felt lonely at times, he thought going out with Shin Jin as a friend is not a bad idea after all.

Gary couldn’t remember what exactly happened. How did Shin Jin become his girlfriend? He only remembered kissing Shin Jin upon their sixth date, that was when they knew each other after 2.5 months.

They finished drinking and dancing at the pub when Shin Jin pressed her lips against Gary’s at a dark corner outside the VIP room. The alcohol content in Gary’s body was high, he knew that he had crossed his threshold. He was feeling drunk, his imagination ran wild. He saw Ji Hyo instead of Shin Jin.

"It was Ji Hyo. I was kissing Ji Hyo." Gary thought.

The next morning was a total mess for Gary. He found himself lying next to Shin Jin, on her bed, in her apartment.

“What did I do? I thought I was kissing......I was kissing Ji Hyo. What will Ji Hyo says if she knew about this?” The first thing that crossed his mind when Gary found out that he had with Shin Jin was Ji Hyo. He felt guilty, is like that he had betrayed his Monday girlfriend.

“Gary ar….I know you like Ji Hyo. But both of you were not engaged into any relationship. Why do you need to feel guilty towards her? Both of you are single and free to date other men or women. “ Gary confided in Gil on his guilt, and this is what Gil told him.

“Gil is right. I am single. I can date any girls I want.” Gary assured himself.

Somehow Gary and Shin Jin became an item.


"Kwang Soo, thank you for coming back to check on me. Everything is OK. I am just feeling tired and stressed up." Ji Hyo assured Kwang Soo that she wasn't feeling unwell and she is capable to drive home on her own.

Ji Hyo threw herself straight into bed once she reached home. Once her face touched the pillow, without any reasons. She started crying again.

"What's wrong with me. Why am I so emotional? I am crying without any reasons. Stupid Song Ji Hyo." Ji Hyo scolded herself but her tears kept gushing through her eyes. The more she wanted to stop crying, the more she was crying.

While she was wipping her tears and blowing her nose, her mobile phone rang. Ji Hyo picked it up, she saw Gary's photo flashing on her screen.

"I can't pick up the call now. What if Gary Oppa heard me crying. He will get a shock." Her mobile phone kept ringing. Ji Hyo couldn't ignore it anymore, finally, she has to pick up the call from Gary.

"Ji Hyo, are you OK? I called you so many times, why are you not picking up." Gary sounded anxious and worried.

"Op....op...oppa.....I am OK. What's up." Ji Hyo tried to hold back her tears while speaking to Gary.

From the other line, Gary could totally sense something was wrong with Ji Hyo. Her voice sounded different from her usual self, he could hear her sniffing away.

"Err...Kwang Soo told me that he saw you sobbing in your dressing room. So I thought I should....err...err...check on you to see if you are OK." Gary said.

"Oppa, thank you for asking. I am perfectly fine. Just tired." The more Gary listens to Ji Hyo's voice, the more worried he got.

"Oppa, I am not in a mood to talk. I have 5 more hours before I need to work on my new drama. I better take my rest now. Oppa, I really appreciate your kindness. It seems a long time since you last showered me with such kindness. Good night." Ji Hyo hung up, she did not wait for Gary to say anything.

"Something must be wrong." Gary could sense it. He sat at his sofa, stared at his moile phone, hestiated for a few minutes. He picked up his phone again and dial Shin Jin's number.

"Shin Jin, I am sorry. Oppa has some urgent matters to attend to. I have to cancel our supper date." Gary decided to check on Ji Hyo instead of going out for supper with his girlfriend.

"Kang Gary, you are crazy. You are doing something CRAZY again." Gary sighed.