The gathering

Do you love me?

Gary was feeling guilty. His phone showed 20 missed calls and 50 messages. All these were from Shin Jin. Gary was too involved in taking care of Ji Hyo that he had forgotten that he had switched off his mobile phone (as he can get some good sleep and can drive Ji Hyo safely back to the RM venue).

Gary did not realized that Shin Jin was looking for him the whole night and the whole day, getting worried that something bad that may had happened to him. It was only at the end of the RM filming that Haha told Gary that Shin Jin called him to asked about “Where is Gary Oppa?”, Gary suddenly remembered that his phone was off and he had forgotten his promise of calling his girlfriend.

“Hyung, please remember who is your real life girlfriend. She is Shin Jin, not Ji Hyo.” Haha got frustrated with Gary’s behavior towards both girls.

“Girlfriend? Whose girlfriend?” Jae Suk happened to walk into the dressing room with Suk Jin.

“Gary, you have a girlfriend? Don’t tell me that you and Ji Hyo are dating? That is shocking news!” Suk Jin asked with a surprise tone.

“No No, Suk Jin Hyung, not Ji Hyo.” Gary didn’t want to explain but yet both of his hyungs kept asking.

“Not Ji Hyo? Then who is it? We are having RM dinner gathering next Monday after the filming, why not invite your girlfriend to join us.” Suk Jin suggested.

“Er…..no, hyung, is not the right time yet, we, we are …….” Gary tried to reject the invitation but failed. His hyungs just laughed at him for being too shy, patted on his head and left for the car park.


It was Wednesday evening when Ji Hyo’s phone rang.

 “Ji Hyo, you will be joining us for the RM gathering next Monday? We plan to have dinner together at Haha’s restaurant.” It was Jae Suk.

“Maybe, oppa. I have filming next week after RM. Even I am to join, I may not stay for long.”

“Gary is bringing his girlfriend to our gathering next week.”  Jae Suk said.

There was totally silence in the phone. Ji Hyo’s mind went blank, she almost dropped her phone when she heard the words about Gary’s girlfriend.

“Ji Hyo? Ji Hyo? Hello, Mong Ji?” Jae Suk  called Ji Hyo’s name a few times.

“Oh…Jae Suk Oppa. Sorry, I was talking to someone else. What did you say just now? Gathering, girlfriend? Who’s girlfriend.” Ji Hyo asked again.

“Mong Ji, I am asking you to join our RM gathering next week on Monday after the filming. And I said Gary is bringing his girlfriend to join us.

“Girlfriend? Gary Oppa never mentioned anything about girlfriend. If he already had a girlfriend, why is he treating me that way the other night?” Ji Hyo screamed in her heart.

“He said he is my black knight. He was so sweet to me. He kissed me, he kissed me on my lips.” Ji Hyo stared blankly into the air after she hung up with Jae Suk. Her heart suddenly turned cold and angry.


Gary suspected that Ji Hyo may had knew about him and his girlfriend already. The news of Gary bring his real life girlfriend to the RM gathering was spread internally among the RM staffs and members. Many of them were surprised by the news since they thought that Gary and Ji Hyo will sooner or later become an item.

 Ji Hyo wasn’t replying to any of his messages. She was responding coldly towards him whenever the camera was off.

“That is good, Kang Gary. That is good. Ji Hyo must have hated you now. You kissed her the other night when you have a girlfriend. This way, you can just forget about Ji Hyo and focus on your current relationship.” Gary told himself.


“Hi everybody, my name is Shin Jin.” Shin Jin bowed at the RM members while she held on to Gary’s arm tightly.

Gary wasn’t keen to bring Shin Jin to the gather as he has concerns about Ji Hyo’s feelings. But Shin Jin accidentally overheard Gary and Haha’s conversation about the gathering, and Jae Suk invited Gary’s girlfriend to join. Shin Jin immediately whined at Gary to bring her to the gathering.

“Gary oppa, have some meat.” Shin Jin brought a piece of meat to Gary’s mouth, she fed him gently. Gary was embarrassed with all these intimate gestures from Shin Jin. He tried to stop Shin Jin but the RM members just saying that he was shy.

Ji Hyo was observing all these from her corner of her eyes. As she watched, she felt that her heart was twitching. The scenes of her recent kisses with Gary, the way she fed Gary in the car, how Gary always take care of her flashed across her mind. The more she thought of these, the more her heart twitched. Ji Hyo touched her heart as she felt the pain getting more intense on her.

“Ji Hyo, shall I sit besides you?” It was Ji Hyo’s same age friend, Lee Dong Wook had just arrived. As a regular guest on RM, he was also invited to the gathering. Dong Wook's voice brought Ji Hyo back from her deep thoughts.

“Oh…Dong Wook ar….come, come sit besides me.” Ji Hyo was glad that finally there was someone to divert her attention with Gary.

“Ji Hyo Unnie, you look good with Dong Wook Oppa. Are you two dating?” Shin Jin asked.

“No No, we are same age friends.” Ji Hyo tried to act calm and laughed.

Throughout the dinner, Shin Jin continued her intimate acts with Gary. She leaned her head on Gary’s shoulders, kissed him on his cheeks, fed Gary with food, whined at him for not feeding her with her favourite desserts.

Ji Hyo tried to act as if she did not see anything. She laughed and clapped at Kwang Soo’s joke, shared with food with Dong Wook, drank soju happily with her oppas. At times, she even teased Gary and Shin Jin.

“I was an actress after all. My acting skills are real good.” Ji Hyo laughed at herself in her heart.

Gary sat quietly all the while. He was sort of upset with all the gestures from Shin Jin. Gary don’t meant to show off the affections Shin Jin had for him. He did not meant to make Ji Hyo jealous, though he had secretly wished that Ji Hyo WILL get jealous over his newly found relationship. But to his disappointment, Ji Hyo did not even look at him. She was not jealous, she was no longer angry and cold towards him. She even and Shin Jin.

Gary was totally disappointed with Ji Hyo’s response. “She never cared about me. I should be good to Shin Jin, she is the one who cared more for me.” Gary thought.

Ji Hyo was not sure about her feelings with Gary’s new relationship. Her heart just twisted and turned. She is not sure if she is heart broken, jealous.