Ji Hyo's thoughts

Do you love me?

Ji Hyo excused herself to the toilet. She locked herself in one of the cubical. For a moment, she couldn’t describe her feelings towards Gary’s newly found relationship with Shin Jin. Heart broken? Jealous? Feeling betrayed? Feeling toyed?

Ji Hyo leaned herself against the door of the toilet cubical. Her eyes suddenly felt warmed. With no warnings, tears gathered at her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

“He kissed me the other night, didn’t he? What was the meaning of that? Is he trying to toy with my feelings or he is just trying to take revenged on me.”  Ji Hyo sobbed quitely.

Ji Hyo still remembered how bad she had hurt Gary when her agency announced her relationship with her company CEO, Baek Chang Joo. When Gary mentioned that he was drinking for nights during the RM filming, Ji Hyo took it as a joke. It was later that Haha told her secretly that Gary did get drunk, and Haha believed that Ji Hyo was the reason.

Ji Hyo knew that Gary has feelings for her. But Gary had never confessed anything to her behind the camera. All the confessions were made on screen when the camera was rolling. Been in the entertainment business for so long, Ji Hyo knew the rules. Anything said infront of the camera cannot be taken seriously though every statement and confessions that Gary made during the RM filming how somehow touched her heart.

Ji Hyo waited for Gary to confess to her before agreeing to go out with Baek Chang Joo. But there were no movements from Gary. And when the photos of Baek Chang Joo dating Ji Hyo were out on the media, Ji Hyo wanted to keep it low. But at the agency’s point of view and Baek Chang Joo’s urgency to make Ji Hyo his, the relationship was announced. Ji Hyo did not even know about it till she saw the press statement on the media.

Unfortunately, their relationship did not last more than a year. Everything ended peacefully without any valid reasons. The only reason Ji Hyo could figure out was perhaps they were too busy and love just drifted.

Now when Ji Hyo sees Gary with Shin Jin, she suddenly understood how Gary feels when he first found out about her relationship with Baek Chang Joo. Suddenly she also found the reason why her relationship with Baek Chang Joo did not work out.  All this while, Gary has a place in her heart. Though Ji Hyo has many suitors after her previous relationship ended, she just didn’t feel any one of these men could make her feel as loved and as comfortable as with Gary.

“Is too late now.” Ji Hyo mumbled to herself. Another drop her tear wet her cheeks.

“Ji Hyo unnie. Are you in the toilet? I am Shin Jin.” a female voice called out from outside of Ji Hyo’s cubical.

“Dong Wook Oppa was worried about you. You have gone so long. So I came to look for you.” Shin Jin said.

Ji Hyo was glad that there was a sink in the cubical. She quickly washed her face and dried her tears.

“I am coming. Shin Jin, please go back to enjoy your dinner.” Ji Hyo came out of the toilet and found Shin Jin waiting for her at the corridor.

“Oh, Shin Jin. Sorry to keep you waiting. You should have just go back to eat with Gary Oppa.” Ji Hyo was surprised to see Shin Jin.

“Unnie, you have known Gary Oppa for many years?” Shin Jin asked.

“Yes, almost 5 years. We knew each other while working on the RM project.”

“I see. I never knew about Running Man since I seldom watched Korean TV programmes. I also don't watch Running Man now since I knew Gary Oppa has a love line with you in the show. I am afriad I will get jealous. I am very silly right? I am sure Gary Oppa knows who is his true love behind the camera." Shin Jin giggled to herself like a little girl, and blushed.

"The first time I knew about Gary Oppa is when I listened to his music. His Leessang album. I immediately fell in love with his rap and lyrics. Oppa and myself have so much to share and talk about when it comes to music. I feel so blessed and happy that I found Gary Oppa as my boyfriend.” Shin Jin couldn’t stop sharing with Ji Hyo on her feelings and respect for Gary as the 2 girls walked back to the dinning area.

Ji Hyo just smile and bite her lips as she listened to Shin Jin.

“Well, Kang Gary, you finally found someone who sees you as a idol and a hero, that’s good.” Ji Hyo laughed bitterly in her heart.

Gary set his eyes on Ji Hyo as the girls came closer to their table. He was worried that why Ji Hyo had gone for so long. Ji Hyo has a history where she fainted during filming due the fatigue from struggling between drama and RM filming. He was afraid that Ji Hyo may had fainted in the toilet this time. Though Gary wanted to look for Ji Hyo, Haha who knew too well what his hyung was thinking about, immediately stopped Gary by putting his hands on Gary's lap. Haha suggested Shin Jin to look for Ji Hyo instead.

"Is the female toliet." Haha tried to joke it off.


“Song Ji Hyo. What took you so long? Why are your eyes so puffy?” Jong Kok asked.

"Ji Hyo, are you OK?" Dong Wook also asked with concerns in his eyes.

“I fell asleep in the toilet.” Ji Hyo lied.

“Guys, is time for me to leave. I still have drama filming tonight.”  Though is still early, Ji Hyo just want to make an excuse to leave. She don’t want to see anymore intimate acts between Gary and Shin Jin anymore.

“Ji Hyo, let me drive you to the filming site. You can catch some sleep in the car.” Dong Wook offered.

“Dong Wook, you drove here also, didn’t you?” Ji Hyo asked.

“It is OK. I can come back here by taxi to pick up my car after I fetch you to the filming site.” Dong Wook said.

“Wow, how sweet. Gary oppa, Ji Hyo unnie and Dong Wook Oppa are a perfect match, aren’t they?” Shin Jin said excitedly.

Gary stared at the backs of Ji Hyo and Dong Wook as they left the restaurant. His heart was bitter. He was feeling jealous.  "Ji Hyo, how I wish, you are the girlfriend that I will be bringing to meet my friends. How I wish, I can tell the Running man family that you are my girlfriend."