It takes time

Do you love me?

There wasn’t a chance for Gary and Ji Hyo to start any conversation during the event. Though the couple was attending the same event, they did not have a chance interact with each other. Gary was busy at the backstage getting ready for his performance while Ji Hyo was giving out the award to the winner. Ji Hyo was busy with interviews with the reporters when Gary and Jung In performed on stage.

Both Gary and Ji Hyo attended the after party celebration but they were arranged in different VIP area.  Since Park Soo’s company was one of the sponsors for the event, and Ji Hyo was his partner, the organizer put them in the VIP room at the second floor while Gary and his team were on the first level. And as usual, Gary’s charm had attracted many fan girls. Soon he was surrounded by girls.

Ji Hyo did not want to stay in the VIP room with Park Soo and his business associates. She did not know how to ‘entertain’ these people from the business world. She came out of the VIP room and took a seat at the viewing gallery to take a good look at the happenings on the first level. In actual fact, her eyes were searching for Gary.

Gary was also searching for Ji Hyo the whole night.  He had his eyes pinned on the VIP room on the second level. As soon as Ji Hyo came out of the VIP room, Gary pulled one of the girls around him and started dancing with her.

Gary was trying to make Ji Hyo jealous. He was jealous that he wasn’t the first one that Ji Hyo sees when she got back to Seoul. It was Park Soo instead. He was angry that Ji Hyo went back to her parents’ place without informing him. He was frustrated that Ji Hyo had initiated a breakup without even having a face to face talk with him. Most important of all, he had missed Ji Hyo so much when she was not around. His heart ached when he sees her with another guy.

The dance moves get intimidate as the girl put her hands on Gary’s shoulders. She moved closer towards Gary trying to close the gap between them. Since all these were just trying to make Ji Hyo jealous, Gary had his hands on his sides without any skin ship with the girl. His eyes kept looking at the second level though it was a bit far to see what was Ji hyo’s reaction.

Ji Hyo was witnessing everything from the second level of the club.

“Kang Gary, you are really enjoying yourself. Looks like our breakup does not have much impact on you.” Ji Hyo thought while a stinging feeling slowly creeped into her heart. Her heart started to ache. The color from her face started to fade off, the smile from her face frozen.

Gary was still trying to figure out on Ji Hyo’s expression when the girl dancing with Gary pulled Gary towards her, forcing a kiss on his lips.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Gary quickly distanced himself from the girl. His crew caught hold of the girl and pulled her away. When Gary turned around to find Ji Hyo, she was gone. Gary was sure that Ji Hyo saw the kiss from the girl, he did not want Ji Hyo to misunderstand. He quickly dashed to the second level of the club to look for Ji Hyo.

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi had left the party a minute ago.” The floor manager informed Gary.

Gary raced to the exit of the club but he was too late. Ji Hyo had boarded the car with Park Soo.


Ji Hyo couldn’t control her tears once she boarded Park Soo’s car.

“Ji Hyo, are you OK? You are not feeling well?” Park Soo handed some tissues to Ji Hyo.

“Park Soo Ssi. I am OK. I am just tired.” Ji Hyo said trying to hide her tears.

“Something must have happened just now. I will not ask if you do not feel like talking about it.” Park Soo looked at Ji Hyo. His eyes were filled with concern and affection.

“You need my shoulders?” Park Soo asked, attempting to move nearer to Ji Hyo.

“I am OK. I just need some rest. Perhaps you can ask Mr driver to speed up and send me home as soon as possible?” Ji hyo rejected Park Soo’s shoulders.

“Sure Sure.” Park Soo was disappointed that Ji Hyo was not accepting his kindness.


Gary drowned himself with wine and beer that night. He was carried back to his apartment by his crew. He woke up with a terrible headache the next day. His head was heavy, his throat was dry, his body was aching.

Gary struggled to the kitchen to get a glass of water when someone opened the door to his apartment. It was Ji Hyo. She brought a suitcase with her. Ji Hyo did not notice that Gary was in the kitchen.

“He must be too drunk to come home last night.” Ji Hyo sighed. Ji Hyo’s manager who stayed on at the after party told Ji Hyo that Gary was carried out of the club by his crew since he was too drunk to walk on his own.

Ji Hyo took the suitcase and went straight into Gary’s bedroom. She took out some stuffs from her suitcase and placed them neatly in Gary’s wardrobe. She also fished out her own belongings from another side of the wardrobe and put them into her suitcase.

“Song Ji Hyo, what do you think you are doing?” Gary found Ji Hyo packing her belongings into the suitcase. He almost yelled at Ji Hyo.

“You are at home?” Ji Hyo turned around,  Gary was standing at the doorway of his bedroom. She ignored Gary and turned back to her packing.

“Baby, please don’t do that to me.” Gary rushed forward, hugging Ji Hyo from the back.

“Oppa, I think you saw my message in the diary?” Ji Hyo finally turned around to face Gary.

“I did. Ji Hyo, I am sorry. I shouldn’t have doubt you.” Gary apologized.

“Oppa, I didn't lie. I really do not know that I am pregnant. And...and...you are not wrong. I should be blamed for losing our baby. If I had pay attention to the signals from my body, this would not have happened.” Tears gathered at Ji Hyo’s eyes.

“No no, is my fault too. I should shower you with more concern. Please don’t break off with me. I make it up to you. Also, what you saw last night, I did it intentionally to make you jealous since I myself is jealous seeing you with Park Soo.” Gary explained.

“Oppa….I….I….whenever I see you, it reminded me of the baby.  How can I forgive myself for being such an irresponsible person? Oppa, I know you well. You said that I knew you better than your mum. Deep in your heart, you grieved for losing the baby. Deep in your heart, you still can’t detach the idea that I lost the baby intentionally.” Ji Hyo choked on her tears.

“No, No….I….I…..” Words faded from Gary’s mouth. Ji Hyo was right? Was Ji Hyo right? Gary started to ask himself in his heart.

“Please, don’t leave. Don’t do that to me.” Gary pleaded and hugged Ji Hyo tightly in his arms.

“Oppa, I need a break from our relationship. Let’s not see each other for the time being besides the RM filming.” Ji Hyo pulled herself away from Gary’s embraced.

 “Oppa, let’s give ourselves some time to clear up our relationship. I had cleaned up my stuffs. You always complained that my stuffs are taking too much space in your wardrobe. Now I return the space to you. I also brought back your stuffs that you left at my place.” Ji Hyo’s decision was firmed.

Gary stared at the ceiling after Ji hyo left. He hated himself for driving away the person that he had loved so much. He hated himself for hurting the person that he had loved so much. He hated himself for doubting.


“It’s Monday. I will get to see her again.” Gary hurried to the bathroom to wash up himself and get ready for the RM filming. As he was driving to the filming site, he stopped by the café and picked up 2 Americano for Ji Hyo and himself.

Gary went back to the ‘routine’ of ‘looking forward to Monday.' Monday was the favorite day of the week though at times he really dragged himself to filming Running Man. That happened when he had a busy and exhausted schedule the day before. But whenever Ji Hyo’s smile flashed across his mind, he kicked himself out of bed immediately and get to work.

“You are my sunshine.” This was the song Gary will usually sings on Monday morning while looking forward to see his Monday girl friend.

Now, Gary was back into this ‘routine’ again. He misses Ji Hyo from Tuesday to Sunday, seems he only fell his heart beating on Monday. It was already 1.5 months since they took a break from their relationship.

“Ji Hyo, how much longer do I need to wait?” Gary sometimes will catch hold of Ji Hyo at the RM filming site, asking Ji Hyo the same question over and over again.

“Gary oppa, is not how much time I need you to wait. It is how much time you need to erase the doubts that you had in me.” That was Ji Hyo’s answer.