The truth is out

Do you love me?

Gary and Ji Hyo couldn’t find out more from the pregnant nurse as they need to get back to the filming of Running Man. Ji Hyo was determined to come back to the clinic to investigate on the case again. She prayed hard that the nurse will still be around by the time she has finished filming RM.

Gary had the same thoughts as Ji Hyo. He was sure that Ji Hyo will come back to the clinic. He called his manager to postpone his job schedule so that he can accompany Ji Hyo to the clinic to get the nurse. Unfortunately, his manager had signed up Gary for a pub performance on Wednesday night.

“Gary ar…we need to compensate quite an amount of money if you cancel the performance. Your fans will be disappointed. This also affects Jung In’s reputation since she is now part of your team.” Gary’s manager tried to persuade Gary to stick to the original schedule. Gary finally agreed to proceed with his Wednesday’s performance but he insisted to take Thursday off which his manager had also granted his request.

“Ji Hyo, don’t stretch yourself too much when doing the missions. Your wounds and stitches are still fresh.” Gary stayed at Ji Hyo’s side to take care of her.

“Ji Hyo ar….I still owe you a Thank you. If you did not push me aside, I am the one who got hit by the banner. But Ji Hyo, please don’t do that again. Next time, if any dangers draw near, please run. I can take care of myself.” Gary held on to Ji Hyo’s hands.

“I hope the wounds will not leave any scars on you. You are an actress, you can’t afford to have scars on you.” Gary’s heart hurts as he examined Ji Hyo’s wounds.

“Kang Gary, don’t you know that I can do anything for you? As long as you are safe, I don’t mind the wounds and scars on me.” Ji Hyo whispered her thoughts in her heart.

“Oppa, the paper ring. You shouldn’t have risk your safety for that. Why did you carry the ring around?” Ji Hyo asked.

“The paper ring, I had asked the jewelry shop to laminate it for me so that it became water proof. I had that chained to my necklace. I guess I was jumping too much, the necklace broke and the ring fell off. I was looking forward to the day where I can chain the necklace and the ring on you.” Gary revealed what he had done to the ring.

“Ji Hyo, I will give you all the time you need to clear up our relationship. I will wait for you. Just don’t give up on me.” Once again Gary had touched Ji Hyo with his earnestness and affection.

“Running Man fall in for the next mission.” PD Cho shouted.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, please leave the missions to the guy since you are injured. You just need to stand next to Gary Ssi.” PD Cho told Ji Hyo,

“PD Cho, I can still perform some simple missions. Please let me do it. I don’t want to be a burden to the team.” Ji Hyo requested.

“PD Cho, just let Ji Hyo do some simple tasks. Gary and myself will watch over her.” Jae Suk suggested. Both Jae Suk and Gary knew Ji Hyo. They knew that Ji Hyo cannot just stand and do nothing.


Ji Hyo took 2 days off from her schedule after the RM filming ended. She checked in to a small hotel nearby the clinic. She was determined to find out what happened.

Ji Hyo found out from the doctor that the pregnant nurse’s name is Moon Shin Ri. Ji Hyo was afraid that she will frighten the Shin Ri if she just dashed into the clinic to question her. So she waited at the café opposite the clinic, hoping to catch Shin Ri at the right timing, though Ji Hyo herself did not know when was actually the right timing.

After a day’s observations, Ji Hyo decided that she should catch Shin Ri during her lunch break. Ji Hyo went back to the hotel. She was nervous about what she will hear from Shin Ri the next day and only fell asleep at 2 am in the morning.


The sun shined through the curtains the next morning. Ji Hyo pulled the blanket over her head, kicking one of the pillows off the bed. Her phone beeps, a message came in. Ji Hyo reached for the phone on the bedside table. Her eyes were half opened. It was a message from Gary.

From Gary Oppa, 9:30 am, “Ji Hyo, I am in Gyeonggi province now. Where are you?”

Ji Hyo opened her eyes quickly. It was already 9:30 am. Ji Hyo got up quickly , she washed up herself and went to the clinic again. Ji Hyo took a peep into the clinic before waiting at the café. The nurse, Shin Ri was not there. Ji Hyo quickly pushed the door to go into the clinic, the other nurse told Ji Hyo that Shin Ri was on sick leave.

Ji Hyo talked the other nurse into giving her Shin Ri’s address. After she got the address, she thought that it will be safer if someone was with her. She texted the address to Gary, asking him to meet her directly at Shin Ri’s residence.

Ji Hyo arrived at the address by taxi. Ji Hyo did not expect that Shin Ri’s residence was just a small brick house. Ji Hyo wanted to wait for Gary to come but after a 15 minutes wait, Gary was still not here.

Ji Hyo panic when she saw Shin Ri coming out of the house. She was afraid that she could not catch Shin Ri again after she left the house.

“Moon Shin Ri Ssi?” Ji Hyo ran after the pregnant woman.

Shin Ri turned around. Her hands were holding onto her stomach. There was sweat on her forehead.

“Please help me…Please….” Shin Ri held on to the railing of the fence on the pavement. There was blood dripping from her legs.

“Oh god! What happened?” Ji Hyo suddenly remembered the same scene that she had went through.

“Ji Hyo, what happened?” It was Gary who had just arrived at the scene.

“Oppa, I think we need to send her to the hospital as soon as possible.”  Gary and Ji Hyo helped Shin Ri into the taxi that drove Gary.


“I am sorry. Song Ji Hyo Ssi, please forgive me. You saved me and my baby but I made you lost yours. I am really very sorry on what I had done.” Shin Ri was laying on the hospital bed. It was lucky that Gary and Ji Hyo send Shin Ri to the hospital in time. Both the adult and the baby were safe.

“Moon Shin Ri Ssi, please tell us what happened.” Gary urged.

“Gary Ssi, do you remember Shin Jin?” Shin Ri asked?

“Shin Jin? Moon Shin Jin?” It was almost a year since this name was mentioned to Gary.

“Yes, Moon Shin Jin. I am her sister.”

Flashback

“Shin Jin, please help me. I really need the money. Your brother-in-law is behind bars now. I need the cash to settle his debts and also for the arrival of my baby. “ Shin Ri begged.

The sisters were sitting in clinic’s pantry.

“I can give you the cash. I mean GIVE. I don’t need you to return the money to me. But you need to do a small favour for me.” Shin Jin said.

“Really? What you need me to do.” Shin Ri asked.

“I saw this woman walking into your clinic just now. I think her name is Cheon Seong-im. I want to know why she had visited the clinic. “

“ I will checked it out now.” Shin Ri quickly went to the counter to retrieve Ji Hyo’s records. Ji Hyo was sitting at the waiting area for her report.

“This is her report. Her pregnancy test is positive.”  Shin Ri scanned through Ji Hyo’s report to bring out the main points.

“Change the report. Changed it to negative.” Shin Jin demanded.

“What? Why do you need to do that?” Shin Ri was shocked with her sister’s request.

“Don’t ask. Just do it as I had instructed. You want the money, don’t you?” Shin Jin threaten her sister.

“What if something happened to the baby and the lady if I changed the result.” Shin Ri asked.

“I am sure the patient will seek for second opinion. So are you doing it or not? You can resign immediately once you change the results.  Besides the lump sum money that I promised, I will transfer cash to your account for the next 3 months. 3 months are enough for you to look for a new job.” Shin Jin counter offered a ‘better’ deal to Shin Ri.

“The money….” Shin Ri rubbed her stomach. She really needs the cash.

“OK, I will do it. She is only at the early stages of her pregnancy. As a woman, I am sure she gets to feel the changes in her body. She will seek for second opinion.” Shi Ri convinced herself.

The result of the pregnancy test was changed from positive to negative.

End of flashback

“I didn’t know that this will cause you to lose your baby. I saw from the entertainment news that you were unwell and was send to the hospital. I knew is something to do with the baby.” Shin Ri sobbed.

Gary and Ji Hyo were speechless.