The coming of a Storm

Do you love me?

Gary had been feeling frustrated and stressed lately. Ji Hyo was getting more demanding on his love for her. Every now and then, she would call Gary to ask him his whereabouts. She got mad whenever she saw pictures of Gary surrounded by fan girls. Even if is just fan service or pairing up with female guests on RM filming, Ji Hyo gets green-eyed easily. Many times, the couple would end up in a cold war for several days.

Gary also suspected that Ji Hyo had joined forces with his mother on the marriage issue. Mrs Kang had been nagging every other day (through phone) at Gary about starting a family. Gary even joked with Gil that his omma’s nagging is as powerful as a high level of noise pollution.

And now, Ji Hyo initiated a breakup. Gary couldn’t help thinking that Ji Hyo was using breaking up as a reason to force him into marriage.  All these were affecting Gary badly, he could not focus on his music. The only way to release his stress was to dance and drink at the clubs.

“Women…Women…stress…why push me? Why are they forcing me into something I am not ready. Why has Ji Hyo changed?” Gary drove to the Han River at 2 am in the morning and screamed his heart out to the river.

Gary left for his Asia show case in Hong Kong 2 days later. He did reply to Ji Hyo saying that he will come back to Seoul to talk to her.

“Ji Hyo, I love you. I am sure that you are the woman that I want to people to address as Mrs Kang, Gary’s wife. But at this point, I am not ready yet. How can we accommodate each other on this issue of marriage? We need to talk. Please wait for me to come back to Seoul.” Gary left a message in Ji Hyo’s phone before he left for Hong Kong.

Though Ji Hyo understood that Gary may not want the negative aspects in their relationship to affect his Hong Kong show case, she felt thwart with how Gary was handling the situation.

Instead of an immediate face to face talk on the issue that Ji Hyo was expecting, she felt that Gary seems to be dragging things.

“Am I expecting too much from him?” Ji Hyo asked herself. Ji Hyo started to reflect on herself and her relationship with Gary.

Ever since Ji Hyo lost her baby, her temperaments changed. Ji Hyo’s temper could change like the weather. This minute she is a sweet and adorable little girl, the next minute she is the strong willed queen demanding for things from Gary and her crew. At times when she could not get her ways, she will be like a little princess pouting her lips and throwing her temper. But the next day, everything was peaceful again, she was again the considerate, kind and polite Song Ji Hyo.

Such change in Ji Hyo’s character were sensed by both her manager unnie and Gary. Being the dearest people in Ji Hyo’s life, both manager unnie and Gary tried to give in as much as possible to Ji Hyo, to make her happy.

As scenes of her unreasonable and domineering demands raced through Ji Hyo’s mind, Ji Hyo felt that perhaps she is over doing it, giving too much stress to the people around, especially Gary.

Ji Hyo also realized that is a long time since she meet up with her friends. Her life was just evolving around Gary and work. All their dates were hugging each other at home, watching DVDs or dining together.

Ji Hyo started to blame herself for pushing Gary too much on their everyday life and the issue of marriage.

“I am too impulsive on the decision of breaking up. Gary Oppa loves me sincerely. Why am I so tough on him?” Ji Hyo felt ashamed of her decision of breaking up.

“I shall wait patiently for Gary oppa to come back home and discuss about our differences. Besides, is time for me to walk out of a world that is only Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo.” While Gary was in Hong Kong, Ji Hyo decided to enjoy herself with her friends.


Being the tom boyish Song Ji Hyo, most of Ji Hyo’s friends are guys, like Lee Dong Wook, Kim Jong Kok, Song Joong Ki and even Park Soo. Meeting these guy friends of hers and at the same time caught by the media, meant that Ji Hyo will be on the headlines of the entertainment news.

True enough. After enjoying the companionship of her guy friends, Ji Hyo made it to the scandal headlines of the week.

Thursday : Song Ji Hyo spotted at the gym with Kim Jong Kok. Both flirting while training up and had a romantic candle light dinner at xxx restaurant.

Ji Hyo laughed at the headlines. Kwang Soo was there when they were exercising in the gym. Though dinner was just the 2 of them, Jong Kok was ‘lecturing’ her the whole night about values in life. Ji Hyo almost fell asleep. Candle light was because of a 5 minute power blackout in the restaurant.

Friday : Lee Dong Wook and Song Ji Hyo taking a stroll at the Han River.

Dong Wook was just a same aged friend. It is not rare for them to meet up for dinner and confide on each other. The stroll at Han River, Dong Wook was telling Ji Hyo about his new girlfriend while Ji Hyo confessed her guilt on pushing Gary into marriage.

Saturday : A come back of the Song Song couple or CEO Park Soo and Song Ji Hyo?

Joong Ki gets to come home from the army camp. Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo met up with him for lunch. Joong Ki shared the details of his army life with his noona and good friend.

In the evening, Ji Hyo went to the studio to do trial makeup and imagining for a new product endorsement for a famous brand of red wine. The CEO of the wine company was Park Soo’s childhood friend. Park Soo had strongly recommended Ji Hyo to be the spokeman of the product. He was at the studio to ensure that all the trials went well for Ji Hyo. To thank Park Soo for his kind recommendations and considerations, Ji Hyo bought Park Soo dinner.

“Ji Hyo, let me buy you dinner instead. It is a guy’s job to pay for the dinner.” Park Soo felt uncomfortable to have Ji Hyo to pay.

“Park Soo Ssi, let me do it. You have been so kind to me, I should give you something in return.” Ji Hyo said.

“Hmm….if you want to give me something in return, can I put up my request of what I want?” Park Soo asked.

“Request?” Ji Hyo looked at Park Soo with her mong expression.

“Ji Hyo, can I request to have dinner with you alone? No body guards, no manger unnie, no secretary Lee.” Park Soo asked carefully and tactfully. He did not want to scare Ji Hyo away.

“Ji Hyo, I know the request may not be appropriate. But my intention is just a dinner with a good friend. Nothing beyond that of a good friend. I am sure Gary Ssi will understand.” Park Soo explained and tried to assure Ji Hyo that is just a friend gathering.

Ji Hyo finally agreed to Park Soo’s request and that’s how the reporters caught hold of them sharing food at a road side stall, laughing happily at each other’s jokes.

These scandals, especially the one with Park Soo was immediately magnified by the media and spread like a wild fire across the entertainment news.


Gary who had just finished his showcase in Hong Kong, pouted his lips when reading the news about Ji Hyo and Park Soo. Gary felt jealous and bitter when he saw the pictures of them together.

“Did I agree to the breakup? DID I? Why is she starting to see other guys?” Gary was so angry that he skipped dinner. He went back to the hotel, shut off the lights and jumped straight into bed. He though that he could slept away his angriness and jealousy.

But 5 minutes later, Gary sat up on the bed, the bedside lamps and stared at the scandal news on his mobile phone again.

Gary felt extremely uneasy and uncomfortable looking at Park Soo and Ji Hyo’s pictures, he felt like a storm is coming his way. This storm may just tear Ji Hyo and himself apart.