I love you

Do you love me?

Gary refused to go back to his own apartment after he send Ji Hyo home. Though Ji Hyo had allowed him to spend the night at her place, she pushed Gary away when Gary attempted to strip her. Only hugs and kisses were allowed.

“Perhaps she is too exhausted from the trip. Kang Gary, you are not a manic. Let her have some rest.” Gary convinced himself. He hugged Ji Hyo in his arms and fell into deep sleep.

Ji Hyo on the other hand felt guilty that she has to reject Gary. It was true that she was tired, sleep was the first thing in her mind and not . But at the same time, she knew that there was no more protection in her drawers. She threw them away after losing faith in Gary.

“These protection will only be used by Gary Oppa, no one else for the time being. We have already broken up, no point to keep these.” This was the thought Ji Hyo had when she threw them into the dustbin.

“I can’t get pregnant. I will make it up to Gary Oppa when he brings in new packs of condoms the next time.” Ji Hyo told herself.


Ji Hyo was supposed to meet up with Gary at one of their favourite café once she finished her modelling and photo sessions for the H&M winter collection. But she received an urgent message from her manager unnie, urging her to go straight to Park Soo’s office.

“Oppa, something urgent came up. I shall see you at your apartment instead of the café. Love, Ji Hyo.” Ji Hyo quickly dropped a Line message to Gary and drove down to Park Soo’s office.

“Ji Hyo, are you there? Come by the car park at the back door, Park Soo Ssi’s body guards will be waiting for you.” Manager unnie called Ji Hyo again.

Ji Hyo felt uneasy. “What’s happening?” Ji Hyo quicken her steps, following the body guards to Park Soo’s office.

By the time she arrived at the conference room, there was already crowds of people busy typing and making calls. Some were familiar faces from the marketing department, and some were strangers to Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, you are here. Please come with me to my office.” Park Soo looked rather exhausted. His eyes looked tired, his tie and glasses were left on the desk.

Ji Hyo could sense that something was wrong. She kept looking at her manager unnie trying to get some hints from her on what was going wrong. Is it someone caught her dating Gary or someone caught her sleeping with Gary.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, we have to pull out the commercial endorsement that you done for Bio Girls (brand name) for the lips stick and blusher.” Park Soo sat down in his chair and sighed.

Ji Hyo looked at Park Soo with a mong look, not knowing what she should say.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, your mong look always bring me laughter, even at times like this.” Park Soo looked deeply into Ji Hyo’s eyes.

Ji Hyo quickly avoided Park Soo’s glaze. “Park Soo Ssi, did I do something wrong? Or my performance in the commercial is not good enough? I can redo it till you are satisfy with my performance.” Ji Hyo started to get nervous.

“No no, Ji Hyo Ssi. You are the best spokeman I ever came across.” Park Soo said.

“Our production managers found that the sun block and CC cream from Bio Girls are contaminated. Though it was confirmed that the other cosmetic products from the same brand are not affected, we are pulling everything about Bio Girls off the shelves. We can’t put your career and imagine at risk. Since your TV and magazine commercials were not broadcasted and published yet, we thought that the best thing is to pull these out.” Park Soo explained.

“We shall also terminate our contract for the time being till things get better. But don’t worry, we will still pay for your contract.” Park Soo tried to assure Ji Hyo.

“Park Soo Ssi, the money is not important. I shall not be taking anything that I am not entitled to. And…I know that I am just an actress, but I would still like to know if there is anything that I can help.” Ji Hyo asked. She felt bad for Park Soo. Park Soo is always a honest business man who takes good care of his consumers and his staffs. Ji Hyo never expect that such a crisis would happened. At the same time, she felt touched also. At times like these, Park Soo was still putting her well beings before his business ventures.

“Can you have dinner with me?” Park Soo asked.

“Ha? Dinner?” Ji Hyo looked at Park Soo with her mong look again.

“Yes, dinner, your manager unnie come join us too. I did not eat lunch. I was busy with my staff, trying to resolve this crisis. I am hungry now. Would you come with me for dinner?” Park Soo asked.

Ji Hyo couldn’t reject. “I will explain to Gary Oppa later when I get home.” Ji Hyo thought.

Park Soo instructed his driver to drive them to a steak restaurant. Along the way, there were reports chasing after Park Soo for interviews. Looked like the news of the contaminated products had spread.

Very soon, the news and photos where Park Soo and Ji Hyo having dinner together were all over the social media. Though it was clear that Ji Hyo’s manager unnie and Park Soo’s media manager were there, some Net Citizens ignored this fact. They started to spread rumours that Ji Hyo was Park Soo’s girlfriend. Some criticized that Park Soo was still enjoying good food and dating his girlfriend during a company crisis. While some praised Ji Hyo for being a girlfriend who stand by the guy when he meet a problem.

The news did not escaped Gary too. Gary did not know how to react when he saw the news.

“Let her explain when she comes home.” Gary tried to cool down his emotions and his temper.


Gary felt asleep on the sofa while waiting for Ji Hyo to come home. To his disappointment, Ji Hyo did not come to his apartment as she has promised. He wake up alone on his sofa when the morning sun shone through the curtains.

“Song Ji Hyo, what do you think you are doing?” Gary was going to explode when he saw the columns in the entertainment news. There was a photo where Park Soo was kissing Ji Hyo on her cheeks.

There was no phone calls from Ji Hyo for the rest of the day. Gary tried to call and message her in the earlier half of the morning. But there was no responses. No one picked up the calls either.

Gary gave up by lunch time. “If she is not responding and not even calling me, why should I bother?” Gary opened a can of beer, gulping it down in seconds.

“Bro, the night has not even fall, is only 1 pm now. Is that too early for a beer?” Gil patted on Gary’s shoulders.

“I know why you are not happy. I saw the news report.” Gil continued to pat on Gary’s shoulders.

“So you think she is dating another guy behind your back?” Gil asked.

“No…No…I….I never think that way.” Gary quickly denied.

“But…the photos…and she did not even bothered to explain.” Gary continued with his voice fading off.

“Maybe she is busy and couldn’t call?” Gil tried to help Gary to think positively.

“Perhaps.” Gary pinned his eyes on his can of beer. By now, the beer can was already flatten under the strong grip of Gary’s hands.


That night, even before the moon was hang up on the skies, Gary went home, drowning himself with countless cans of beer.

Ji Hyo came home to Gary’s apartment. No lights were on. The house was in total darkness. While Ji Hyo was trying to turn on the lights, she stepped onto something.

“Yaaa…..” Ji Hyo screamed and fell down on the floor. It was then she realized that there many beer cans on the floor.

Ji Hyo speedily the lights. Her jaws were left agape as she sees the mess in the living room.

Beer cans were all over the living room, on the floor, on the coffee table. There were a least 2 dozens of these. Gary’s T-shirt, one of those from the Box of Kang Gary was left hanging on the handles of the sofa. His shorts were hanging on the TV console.

The man himself was drunk, he was only wearing his underwear and mumbling away on the sofa with his eyes closed.

Ji Hyo blushed as she sees the Kang Gary. Though Gary always sleep , when Ji Hyo was around, he tried to cloth himself as much as possible.

“OK OK, my dear, I am dressing up. Don’t regret.” Gary always smirked when Ji Hyo urged him to cloth himself.

“Oppa, what is wrong. Why did you get so drunk? Are you asleep?” Ji Hyo asked. Ji Hyo pulls Gary up. She put one of his arms over her shoulders, helping him to his bedroom.

“Song Ji Hyo, you finally showed up.” Gary turned his head and looked at Ji Hyo, frowning.

“Where were you, where were you, Ya…..Song Ji Hyo.” Gary started to scream. He pushed Ji Hyo onto the bed and started smashing kisses on her cheeks, lips and neck.

“Oppa, you stinks. You smelled like you just showered yourself in beer. Please clean up yourself.” Ji Hyo tried to struggle out of Gary’s arms.

“He can kiss you, why I can’t?” Gary continued to scream. His hands started to Ji Hyo’s blouse.

“Ya! Kang Gary, what are you doing?” Ji Hyo pushed his hands away.

Gary’s hands continue to roam on Ji Hyo’s body, pulling the buttons off her blouse, revealing her milky assets. Her skirt was almost ripped apart when Ji Hyo slapped Gary across his face.

Gary looked at Ji Hyo peacefully, there were five finger prints on his cheeks. He fell backwards suddenly and almost hit the floor. Ji Hyo quickly caught hold of him. But his weight was too much for Ji Hyo to handle. Both of them fell back onto the bed.

Gary was totally drunk. He fell deep in sleep, lying on Ji Hyo’s chest which was now only covered by her bra.

“Oppa, you must be very mad with me for the scandal with Park Soo.” Ji Hyo looked at the peaceful Gary’s.

“Is it painfully?” Ji Hyo caressed Gary’s cheeks softy. “Oppa, I am sorry that I made you mad. I am sorry that I slapped you. Trust me, you are the only man in my heart. I love you.” She kissed Gary softly on his cheeks and lips.

"Oppa, I wished you were awake to hear me saying these words." Ji Hyo wasn't someone who would say "I Love you" easily unlike Gary who was always expressive on his love for Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo moved Gary’s head on the pillow, covering his body with blanket. She changed into a t-shirt and shorts and started cleaning up the living room. She also changed and washed the cushion covers that were stained by the beer.