Moving in with Kang Gary?

Do you love me?

Ji Hyo was packing for a short vacation. She was given a 1 week break after all the drama, CF filming, fans meetings and press conferences had finally ended.

“Ji Hyo, Gary ssi is going with you?” Ji Hyo’s manager unnie asked.

“Nope, unnie, I am going alone. Gary Oppa is busy with the post production works on his new single with Jung In. He couldn’t really find time to go on a vacation with me. What a pity.” Ji Hyo sighed.

Flashback

Ji Hyo came to Gary’s studio to keep him accompanied. They had dinner together and Ji Hyo dozed off at the sofa. It was already 2 hours since the couple as last spoken to each other.

“Oppa, I will be having 1 week break starting the mid of this month. Maybe we can go on a vacation together. Whenever we go traveling together, it was always for work. It was either filming or fans meetings for Running Man. I thought it will be nice if we can have a private vacation together.” Ji Hyo suggested while Gary was pinning his eyes on his computer trying to find the right rhythm for his lyrics and the music.

 “Oppa? You heard me?” Not hearing any replies from Gary, Ji Hyo took a peek at him and asked again.  Still, no replies from Gary.  Ji Hyo stood up from the sofa, she sat opposite Gary. Ji Hyo’s eyes were filled with admiration as she looked at Gary who is still focusing his attention at his music making.

Another 1 hour went by, Gary finally removed his gaze from the computer, stretched his body and yawn. It was then that he noticed that Ji Hyo was sitting opposite him. Her gaze was locked on Gary’s face.

“You have been staring at me for the whole night? Am I that handsome?” Gary laughed, he reached out his hands across the working desk and held Ji Hyo’s hands into his. 

“Ji Hyo, you have lovely eyes.” Gary stood up, he planted a kiss on Ji Hyo’s forehead. He pulled Ji Hyo’s hands close to his lips and planted another kiss on her hands.

“Men at work, men who are focus at work are most handsome and charming.” Ji Hyo’s gaze was still pinned on Gary.

“You are praising me? So do I get a kiss for working hard?” Gary pointed at his lips.

“Oppa, shall we go for a short vacation together?” Ji Hyo raised the question again.

“Who? Vacation? With who?” Gary was surprised that Ji Hyo raised such a suggestion.

“You and me, vacation, together. Just you and me.” Ji Hyo repeated her statement again.

“Wow…..a vacation with my Mong Ji, just the 2 of us. When?” Gary was excited, he blushed as his imagination started to run wild.

“Mid of this month, I have 1 week break. Oppa, do you think you can make it? Seems you are very occupied with your new single lately.”

“Oh….mid of this month. I will be into the post production stage of my single.” Gary rubbed his head. He was thinking hard to see if there is any slot in his schedule where he can at least spend 1 or 2 days with Ji Hyo for a vacation at a nearby destination.

“Oppa, if you can’t make it, it is fine. I understand, work is more important than fun.” Ji Hyo came over to Gary’s side of the desk, rested her head on Gary’s shoulders.

End of flashback

“So, you are no longer an obsessive girlfriend?” Manger unnie teased Ji Hyo.

“I was never an OBESSIVE girlfriend. I just want to spend more time with my boyfriend.” Ji Hyo rolled her eyes at her manager.

“I am sure I will enjoy my 2 days 1 night trip.” As Ji Hyo continued to prepare her overnight bag after her manager unnie left, it was then the doorbell rang.  Kang Gary was standing outside her door.

“Oppa, why are you here? You should be at your studio.” Gary went into Ji Hyo’s apartment and spotted Ji Hyo’s overnight bag on the sofa in the living room.

“You are all set and ready?” Gary asked, he opened Ji Hyo’s overnight bag and started to inspect the contents inside.

“Yah! Oppa, what are you doing? You ert!” Ji Hyo quickly zipped up her bag as Gary dig out one of her under garments.

“Yobo (honey), I don’t think these are enough for 1 week.” Gary said.

“ 1 week?  I am not going away for 1 week, I am only going away for 2 days.” Ji Hyo looked at Gary with her usual “mong” look.

“You want to spend time with me, isn’t it? So you are coming with me for 1 week. It is OK if these clothes are not enough to last for 1 week since you can always wear mine.” Gary raised his eye browns at Ji Hyo and whispered the words “you can always wear mine” softly at Ji Hyo’s ears.

“Wae?” Ji Hyo was still confused.

“Ji Hyo, I am sorry that I can’t go on a vacation with you. But I thought what we need now is to spend more time together. Since you have 1 week break, why not move and stay with me for 1 week. This way, we can spend more time together.” Gary explained his plans.

“I can hug you to sleep every night.” Gary said excitedly, he moved closely and attempt to kiss Ji Hyo on her lips.

“You ert.” Ji Hyo scolded Gary again. She put her hand on Gary’s forehead to stop him from moving closer and pushed him away. Soon both of them were laughing away. Gary trying to plant as many kisses on Ji Hyo’s lips, forehead and cheeks as possible, and Ji Hyo was busy pushing him away but she failed most of the time.


It was already the 4th day that Ji Hyo had moved in with Gary in Gary’s apartment.

Besides staying at Gary’s apartment to wait for Gary to come home every night, Ji Hyo rarely goes out in the day since she is afraid that she will be spotted staying with Gary. Ji Hyo will wake up every morning to make breakfast for Gary and get him ready for work. She will also try to cook some simple dishes for Gary when he came back from work at night.

Gary also tried to stick to a 9 to 5 schedule every day. He worked hard at his studio and cut down on his clubbing habits so that he can spend more time with Ji Hyo. Whenever he reached home seeing Ji Hyo busy preparing dinner in the kitchen, he will feel blessed. Though Ji Hyo’s cooking was a complete failure at times and they ended up calling for food deliveries, Gary still enjoyed Ji Hyo’s companionship and appreciate her hard work in preparing the dinner.

After dinner, the couple will cuddle on the sofa to watch TV or chat with each other. Gary will share with Ji Hyo on how was his day. They will also take a stroll at the park near Gary’s apartment after 11 pm or do late night marketing at the supermarket, to avoid being spotted.

Gary will also hugged Ji Hyo to sleep every night.

“You no longer need a Leessang T-shirt to cushion your pillow. You have the real guy next to you now.” Gary teased Ji Hyo with a cheesy tone.

“You saw that pillow?” Ji Hyo opened her eyes wide, staring at Gary, at the same time blushing like a red tomato.

“Yobo, come and hug the real Kang Gary.” Gary threw himself towards Ji Hyo. The night will then be filled with sweetness, lust and pleasure.

Gary felt that they were actually husband and wife instead of just a couple who is dating. Thoughts of getting married and settling down will surfaced in Gary’s mind at times like this.

“Will I be able to survive after she moves out from my apartment? And that is like 3 days later.” Gary mumbled to himself.

“Ji Hyo ar…..why not you move in with me. There is no need to move back to your apartment after 1 week. Just stay with me.” Gary looked at Ji Hyo with puppy eyes and begged.

“Move in with you?” Ji Hyo looked at Gary with a ‘mong’ expression. “Oppa, that is too dangerous. We can be easily spotted. And I think we should have our own personal space. You don’t like a ‘sticky’ girlfriend right?”


“Gary Oppa, I wished I can move in with you also. But how long can you endure being a family man, sticking to a 9 to 5 schedule? You are a free soul who loves your freedom, you are someone who enjoy a big crowd around you. Will you get bored with me soon if we stay too long together?” Ji Hyo stared at the wall thinking to herself while waiting for Gary to come home.

“Is this the kind of life I will live with after I get married? A housewife’s life? Busy with household chores, busy with children. A life that only evolves around a man? Regardless if the man is Gary Oppa or he is someone else, this is what I am looking for in life?”  Ji Hyo continued to question herself.

“Stressed!” Ji Hyo sighed. “Let’s get dinner ready, oppa will be home any minute now.” Ji Hyo picked up her mobile phone and started to browse for recipes.

“Let’s make Bolognese pasta with chicken, apple and potato salad. These are the easier dishes since the sauce is ready made and off shelves.” Ji Hyo muttered to herself.

While Ji Hyo is busy with her cooking in the kitchen, someone unlocked the door.

“Son? Are you at home? Hee Gun?” A woman’s voice was heard from the living room.

Without thinking much, Ji Hyo thought that it was her boyfriend. She ran into the living room with a bottle of Bolognese sauce in one hand and a spoon in the other.

“Oppa, you are home. I miss……” Ji Hyo immediately stopped talking when she saw an elderly woman standing in the living room instead of her boyfriend. Both Ji Hyo and the elderly woman stared at each other, frozen and surprised.

“Hello, young lady. I am Hee Gun’s mother. You are Song Ji Hyo ssi?”

“Mrs Kang? Oh….Mrs Kang. How are you?” Ji Hyo immediately bowed at the elderly woman. No wonder she found the elderly lady familiar since Gary has ever shown Ji Hyo his family photos. It was also then that she realized she looks untidy. She was wearing an oversized T-shirt, which was obviously Gary’s and a pair of short pants which was covered up by the T-shirt.

“I….I….I am Gary Oppa’s ……..Gary Oppa’s…..er….er…..er.....friend. My name is Song Ji Hyo.” Ji Hyo blushed as she tried to find the right word to introduce herself.

Gary’s mother couldn’t stop smiling as she looked at Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, you are so pretty. You looked so much prettier than in TV. I had brought Hee Gun some food, come and help me at the kitchen.” Gary’s mother held Ji Hyo by her arm and they moved into the kitchen.

“What the …….yah! Kang Gary, why didn’t you tell me that your mum is coming?” Ji Hyo cursed in her heart.

“Oppa, when are you coming home?” Ji Hyo was praying hard that Gary can come home as soon as possible.