A fool in love

Do you love me?

Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo were finally in a relationship. Though they had started dating, they try to keep their relationship low. Only Jaesuk and Haha were aware of their relationship.

Jaesuk is like a big brother to both Gary and Ji Hyo, he was the one who gave chances to them and let them shine in the RM show.

“It is important for Jaesuk oppa to know about our relationship.” Ji Hyo proposed. Gary totally agreed with Ji Hyo.  Jaesuk wasn’t surprised about the news. He knew that there was something between Gary and Ji Hyo, is just when the 2 dongsaengs will admit their feelings for each other.

“Gary, well done! You finally win the heart of the woman you loved. Treasure her. Ji Hyo is a good girl.” Jaesuk patted on the back of Gary’s to encourage him.

“Ji Hyo ar…..don’t hurt Gary. He is a good guy.” As they were walking out of Jaesuk’s office, Jaesuk whispered to Ji Hyo. Though Ji Hyo nodded her head, she was in ‘blank’ stage upon hearing these.

“What makes oppa think that I will hurt Gary? I love him.” Ji Hyo sighed in her heart.


Shortly after Gary and Ji Hyo confided into Jaesuk on their relationship. Haha and Gil also found out about them. It was a lazy Sunday afternoon where Ji Hyo was sleeping on Gary’s lap on Gary’s sofa. They were watching some hip hop concerts on DVD. Ji Hyo wasn’t exactly interested in these, but she doesn’t mind watching these as long as Gary is with her. She just lazed around on the sofa and yawned every 5 to 10 minutes.

“Do you feel bored? Shall I change the CD titles?” Gary asked.

“Oppa, is ok. You just continue with what you are watching. I will just close my eyes to rest for a while.” Ji Hyo started to feel sleepy.

“Come here.” Gary put a pillow on his lap and signaled Ji Hyo to lay her head on his lap to take a nap.

Ji Hyo blushed, she obediently lay her body on the sofa, placed her head on the pillow and cuddle closed to Gary’s belly.

“Oppa, you are getting fatter. Looked at your belly, it is getting rounder.”  Ji Hyo planted a kiss on Gary’s belly.

“Hmm…..perhaps I should exercise more and trained up my body?” Gary caressed Ji Hyo’s soft hair.

“Oppa, I thought your belly is cute.” Ji Hyo laughed and planted another kiss on Gary’s belly.

Gary smiled. He lowered his head to press a kiss on Ji Hyo’s lips. As they kissed each other passionately, someone opened the door of Gary’s apartment. Someone shouted “Dabaek!” Gary and Ji Hyo immediately broke their kiss and found Haha and Gil staring at them excitedly.

“Yes, is Ji Hyo. I told you is Ji Hyo.” Haha pointed his finger at the love birds and shouted excitedly.

“Yah! Kang Gary, you should have told us!” Gil was smiling away. Gil knew that Gary always had a thing for Ji Hyo. He was happy to know that his dongsaeng has finally started a new relationship with the girl he loves.

Gary and Ji Hyo felt embarrassed to be ‘caught’. Ji Hyo quickly rose from the sofa, bowed at Haha and Gil. She was blushing from ear to ear. Ji Hyo buried her face into her hands and ran into Gary’s bedroom.

Though Gary was also blushing, he was trying to act calm.  “Yah! You guys should call me before you come. ” Gary ‘blamed’ his brothers for spoiling moments.

“We thought you may feel lonely on a Sunday afternoon, that’s why we bought potato chips and beer. We didn’t know you were so busy.” Gil raised his eye browns, teasing Gary.

“We will leave these snacks for you and Ji Hyo. Gil Hyung and I will find ourselves another place to kill time for the Sunday afternoon. You enjoy yourself with your woman.” Haha laughed.

“Remember to lock the door. You know, I have the keys to your apartment. Haha and I may come back to spot check on you any minute.” Gil continued to tease Gary.

“Go, go, go.” Gary pushed the guys to the door and waved good bye to them.

Gary went to the bedroom to find Ji Hyo hiding under the blanket. He climbed into the blanket, but only to find Ji Hyo has her eyes tightly shut.

“Are you pretending to sleep? Or are you really a sleeping beauty? Should I wake you up with a kiss?” Gary breathed his words into Ji Hyo’s ears.

Ji Hyo immediately had curved up though her eyes were tightly shut.

“Song Ji Hyo, you are pretending to sleep.” Gary could tell immediately by spotting Ji Hyo’s smile.

“The prince will kiss you till you wake up.” Gary cuddled next to Ji Hyo, he started to press his lips against Ji Hyo’s lips, her cheeks, her nose and her neck. His hands were also roaming on Ji Hyo’s waist and started to tickle her.

“Oppa, no…..is so ticklish.” Ji Hyo finally opened her eyes and screamed with laughter.

Soon, the both of them were enjoying each other’s body. The kisses, the touch, the nibbling and the friction of pleasure, all happened on a lazy Sunday afternoon.


Ji Hyo was getting frustrated. Another of Gary’s photo was posted on twitter by some fan girls, he was again with some pretty girls clubbing at the bar.

“He told me that he was there to meet his buddies. But why he was surrounded with so many girls?” Ji Hyo bite her lips as waves of jealousy hit her. This was not the first time where such photos were posted on the social media. Every time, Gary will have an explanation.

“These girls are just fans. We meet at the bar. They requested for autographs and photos. I can’t say no to them, can I?”

“I was a little too drunk to realize that the girl was resting her head on my shoulders.”

“Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo, are you jealous? Wow, I am so happy. But please be assured that there is nothing between me and these girls. They are just fans. They like you a lot too and kept asking me about Monday Couple.”

These werethe usual explanations from Gary. Regardless how many times, Gary told Ji Hyo that these are just his fans, Ji Hyo still get upset and jealous over how Gary allowed girls to stick around by his side.

“Ji Hyo ar…if you are so upset about Gary ssi’s clubbing habits, tell him that. Tell him to stop visiting the clubs and the bars.” Ji Hyo’s manager unnie told Ji Hyo.

“Unnie, how can I? Oppa went to the clubs to get inspirations for his music. He clubs to build his network. This is also one of his ways to relax and meet up with his buddies. How can I stop him?” Ji Hyo grabbed an opened bag of potato chips and stuffed a handful into .

“Asked Gary Ssi to bring you along when he clubs. He is just meeting friends right? So, no harm to bring you along since you are his girlfriend.” Manager unnie suggested again.

“I ever asked Oppa. But he says we have to keep our relationship low. This is what we had agreed when we first dated.” Ji Hyo grabbed a bottle of soju and gulped down half a bottle.

“Option A not workable. Option B is not possible either. So you have to believe in his explanations about the girls then.” Manager unnie tried to console Ji Hyo.

“Unnie, I don’t know.  I don’t know why Gary Oppa is so popular with girls. He is not handsome, he is not tall. Maybe he is talented, maybe he is considerate, maybe he is humorous. Sometimes, I just feel that I am not good enough for him.  I feel so insecure. I am afraid that he will get bored with me soon. I….I……I don’t want to think about it now. Just drink with me. ” Ji Hyo kept grabbing the soju.

“Ji Hyo, enough…you are travelling to Singapore tomorrow for fans meeting. Take your shower and go to sleep. “ Manager unnie tugged Ji Hyo in bed.

“Ji Hyo, why get upset over Kang Gary? With your beauty and charm, you can get any guy better than him.” Manager unnie mumbled to herself as she leaves Ji Hyo’s apartment.


Ji Hyo left Korea for Singapore the next morning. She tried to call Gary to inform him of her schedule since the last time they meet was days ago when filming RM. Gary did not have much time for Ji Hyo for the past few weeks. Gil was involved in a drinking and driving incident, Gary also have to spend time keeping his hyung accompanied and backing up Gil on the tasks in the Leessang Company.

“Maybe the recent clubbing is to make Gil Oppa feel better.” Ji Hyo tried to console herself.

 “No one pick up the calls?” Manager unnie asked Ji Hyo.

“Yes, no one. Think he was dead drunk last night. Still sleeping. Let it be. “ Ji Hyo off her mobile and boarded her flight.

“I am starting to miss him already.  I hope he don’t suffer too much from the hangover from last night, when he wakes up this morning. Song Ji Hyo, why worried so much. You are a fool in love. “Though Ji Hyo is still upset with those fan girls photos, she can’t help missing Gary.


Gary woke up. His stomach was grouching. He picked up his mobile phone, battery flat. He charged his mobile pone while lunch in the kitchen.

His phone was fully charged and started to beep after he finished with his lunch. Gary scrolled through the messages that his fans leave in his instagram. A photo of him with a few fan girls caught his eyes.

“Stressed! What if Ji Hyo sees these. She will get upset again. “ Gary mumbled to himself.

Gary tried to call Ji Hyo to explain about the photos but he couldn’t get through. “Maybe she is in the midst of filming. I will call later.”

Gary went back to his studio to work on his music. Every now and then, he will picked up the phone to try to call Ji Hyo. Still, no one pick up. Every few minutes, he will steal a glance at his mobile phone. “In case Ji Hyo calls or texts me.” He thought.

“Oppa. Why are you so restless? Waiting for someone to call?” Jung In who was working with Gary on the a new song, asked.

“Aniyo. Nothing.” Gary replied.

“Really? If that someone did not call you, you try calling that someone.” Jung In said.

“I tried to call her. But her phone is off. I wonder if anything happened…..” Gary replied too fast, words slipped off his tongue.

“Who?” Jung In quickly stood up and asked.

“Aniyo……Aniyo….nothing. This sentence, I think I should rewrite.” Gary blushed. He tried to avoid the topic.

“Oppa! The female lead in this song? Who is it? Tell me! Tell me!” Jung In asked eagerly.

Gary looked at the lyrics that he had being working on for the past few days.

Your hair is tied back so I can see your forehead
It bounces every time you walk
At the end of your pants that wrap around your smooth legs are light sneakers
Everything about you is simple but you give off beauty

Ji Hyo’s face surfaced in his mind. "Song Ji Hyo, I love you." Gary said these words quietly in his heart and smiled to himself like a fool.