Competitors - Buddies

Do you love me?

Song Ji Hyo, this is for you.

Your hair is tied back so I can see your forehead
It bounces every time you walk
At the end of your pants that wrap around your smooth legs are light sneakers
Everything about you is simple but you give off beauty

Your smile and the way you talk make my rough thoughts brighter
You’re like a tattoo on top of my heart
You fill up my heart so much that I can’t breathe

After we spend the night together
Your scent that remains at the tip of my blankets get me drunk as I fall asleep
After holding your white skin and soft cheeks
I want to bother you all night

“Song Ji Hyo, tell your boyfriend to stop all these cheesy messages.” Ji Hyo’s manager unnie passed the mobile phone to Ji Hyo while she was getting her makeup done for the press conference of Emergency Men and Women in Singapore.

Ji Hyo couldn’t stop smiling when she sees the messages from Gary. The good and romantic mood was with her throughout the press conference. When the reporters mentioned about Gary’s name and asked Ji Hyo to rate Gary’s acting, Ji Hyo couldn’t help remembering the lyrics. Shyness and smiles just fill up her heart, all these were reflected on her glowing face.


Ji Hyo returned to Seoul, looking forward to joining Gary for a good dinner follow by a good cuddle. But she was disappointed to know that Gary was again clubbing at the bar.

“Ji Hyo dear, I am with my buddies at the club now. Let’s meet up for lunch tomorrow.” Ji Hyo could hear the loudness of the music behind Gary while he was talking to Ji Hyo on the phone.

“Oppa, aren’t you aware that I will be home tonight after my trip to Singapore? Why can’t you spend some time with me?” Ji Hyo questioned Gary.

“Ji Hyo, tonight’s gathering with my buddies was planned 2 weeks ago. You didn’t inform me of your schedule either. How could I predict when you are free to see me.” Gary tried to reason with Ji Hyo.

“Oppa, I only have time tonight. I have to work on a CF tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and the day after after tomorrow. So are you well informed of my schedule now?” It was clear that Ji Hyo was upset with Gary for not able to keep her accompanied.

“Oppa, can’t you leave the gathering early and come to my place to at least have a drink or a chat with me, perhaps watch a DVD movie with me?” Ji Hyo asked again.

“Dear, I am sorry but I promised my buddies to stay with them till the club closed. After that we had planned to play basket ball and follow by breakfast. Shall I catch you at your place tomorrow night?”  Gary counter proposed.

“Kang Gary, enjoy yourself with your buddies. I will club with my friends tonight.” Ji Hyo hung up the phone before Gary could say anything.

“Stressed!” Gary scratched his head.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Gary’s friends asked.

“Nothing, nothing.” Gary indeed felt guilty about not able to keep Ji Hyo accompanied for the night but at the same time he can’t just walk out on his friends. Gary was also surprised that Ji Hyo can be such a “sticky” girlfriend in real life despite her strong character.

“Well, I will make up to her tomorrow night. I will give her surprises by doing something romantic tomorrow night.” Gary said to himself.


“Ji Hyo, don’t overdo it. Men don’t like obsessive girlfriends.” Ji Hyo’s manager unnie was going through her schedule with Ji Hyo when Ji Hyo called her to ask if she wanted to go clubbing with her.

Ever since Ji Hyo started dating Gary, she has cut down on her visits to the clubs and pubs. Every time when Ji Hyo visits the clubs, though most are private clubs only opened to VIPs, Ji Hyo tends to attract attention from some men. These men, some are actors and singers, and some are businessmen or professionals, these men would buy her drinks, invite her for a dance, offer to send her home or even try to date her. To avoid all these unnecessary situations that may made Gary unhappy, Ji Hyo thought the best way is to stop going to these clubs.

Manager unnie was surprised when Ji Hyo suggested going clubbing. It was later that Ji Hyo started to ‘complain’ about Gary that she understood why clubbing was brought up.

“Ji Hyo, just sleep early. You have a long day tomorrow. Unnie is busy planning your schedule now. You know, after your drama has broadcasted, your popularity boost. Now, the agency and CEO Baek had draw back attention and resources for you. I need to do a good job on your career planning.”

“Ji Hyo ar….don’t always think about dating. You should grab this chance to move forward with your career. “ Manager unnie seems to start her ‘lectures’ again. Ji Hyo quickly said thank you to her and hang up the phone.

Ji Hyo couldn’t sleep. She still felt neglected. “Why do I need to compete against his buddies for his attention? Yah! Kang Gary!”


All eyes were pinned at the entrance when Ji Hyo walked into the club. She was wearing a black tube top, a mini skirt, a pair of red platform pump high heels. Though she doesn’t wear any heavy makeup, her red lips, her shapely curves, long legs and milky skin had immediately capture the eyes of both the men and the women in the club.

Gary was dancing with some fan girls when Ji Hyo entered the club. He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Ji Hyo walking towards one of the VIP tables on the second floor. As  Ji Hyo stepped on the stairs, some guys immediately stretched out their arms to offer to Ji Hyo to the table.

Since Ji Hyo couldn’t sleep and she felt that the night was still young, she thought perhaps she can just enjoy and relax herself at one of the clubs where her friend works as the manager.

“Kang Gary is enjoying himself with his buddies, why can’t I enjoy myself with some good music and good wine.” Ji Hyo thought. But she had never imagined that she would meet up with Gary in the same club.

“Gathering with buddies? He was dancing with some y girls.” Ji Hyo could recognize Gary immediately when she walked into the club but she pretended she didn’t see him and headed for the VIP table that her friend reserved for her.

Gary’s eyes couldn’t blink for one second. His gaze followed Ji Hyo closely. “She never wore like that when she goes out with me. What does she think she is doing? Trying to make me jealous? If that is her intention, she has achieved her goal.”

Men flocked to Ji Hyo’s table to invite her for a dance. Some offer to buy her drinks while the others sat next to Ji Hyo uninvited. Almost half of the men in the club gathered at Ji Hyo’s table. Ji Hyo did expect that her charm will capture some attention from the guys but she did not expect that so many of them will gather at her table. Ji Hyo tried to turn down these men since her intention was to enjoy the night by herself. Some guys did retreat after Ji Hyo turned them down but some still try to mingle around.

Ji Hyo excused herself to the ladies room, hoping that these guys will leave after she came back from the ladies. As she was about to push the door to the ladies room, someone grabbed her arm pulling her to a dark corner behind a pillar.

“Song Ji Hyo, what do you think you are doing here?” It was Gary. He almost shouted.

Ji Hyo got a shocked but she immediately calm down when she saw that it was Gary.

“Kang Gary, what are you doing here then? You were dancing with the girls and I am enjoying the night ALONE with music and wine.” Ji Hyo pouted her lips as she answered Gary, with a tone of sarcasticism.

“ALONE? How were you ALONE when so many guys were crowding around you?” Gary’s eyes were burning with jealousy.

“How was your gathering with your BUDDIES then when so many GIRLS were dancing with you?” Ji Hyo tried to talk back.

“I was here with my buddies. Those girls are just…….”

“FAN GIRLS right?” Gary tried to explain but was cut off by Ji Hyo.

“So you were stalking on me? So you were jealous? So you were trying to MAKE ME jealous?” Gary asked with his eyes narrowed, eye brows raising. At the same time his body was moving closer to Ji Hyo, pressing her towards the wall.

“WHO is jealous now?” Ji Hyo tried to avoid Gary’s gaze. She tried to move herself away from Gary but she failed. Her lips were captured by Gary’s. Her waist was held by Gary’s strong arms, forbidding her to move. Ji Hyo slowly stretched out her arms to Gary’s neck. She hung her arms behind Gary’s neck pulling him closer to her so she can nibble harder on his lips, so that they could deepen their kiss.

As the music blast in the air, Gary and Ji Hyo left the club by the back entrance. Gary text his buddies to inform them that he has to leave early as he has something ‘urgent’ to attend to.


“Song Ji Hyo, you win.” Gary smiled at Ji Hyo as they were enjoying their own glass of wine at Ji Hyo’s place.

“Oppa, I don’t mean to compete with your friends for your attention. I just want to spend some time with you. “

“Ji Hyo, Oppa understand.” Gary locked Ji Hyo hands into his and rubbed the back of her hands with his thumb.

“And Oppa, I don’t like you being too close with these girls.” Ji Hyo pouted her lips.

“Don’t you feel proud that your man has charms that attract other girls even when everyone says that he is ugly?” Gary asked with a cheeky smile on his face.

“Yah! Kang Gary, you are so thick skinned.” Ji Hyo pinched Gary’s cheeks.

“Kang Gary, do you love me? I feel so insecure.” Ji Hyo looked into Gary’s eyes and asked.

“Ji Hyo ar…you know, you are the only one in my heart. From the day I met you on the set of Running Man until today, five years in making.  You know I can’t lie, so trust me. “ Gary pulled Ji Hyo into his embrace.

"Oppa, I am sorry about tonight. I made you walked out on your friends." Ji Hyo apologised.

“It is OK. They will understand. Oppa is sorry too. I should have take your feelings into consideration. And next time, doll up yourself like today night when you go out with me. Don't always wear jeans and T-shirt when you are with me, you looked so gorgeous and SEDUCTIVE tonight."

Ji Hyo felt asleep in Gary's arms. Gary looked at his Ji Hyo with loving eyes.  "Mong Ji, Mong Ji, no one can compete with you. You are like a tattoo on top of my heart."