The fight

Do you love me?

The RM gathering ended at 12:30 am. While getting ready to leave Haha’s restaurant, Shin Jin went to the toilet.

“Hyung, can I have a few words with you?” Kwang Soo asked with a serious tone in his voice.

“Why?” Gary seldom sees his dongsaeng behaving this way.

“It is regarding your girlfriend. I suggest that you keep an eye on her.” Kwang Soo whispered the words into Gary’s ears.

“Hello Kwang Soo. Secrets between you and Gary Oppa?” Shin Jin just came out of the toilet.

“No, nothing nothing. Hyung, let’s talk again another time. Good night.” Kwang Soo blushed and left to fetch his car.

Gary was totally puzzled by Kwang Soo’s words.


“Oppa, please stay with me for tonight. Please?” Shin Jin pleaded.

“Er….Shin Jin…Oppa is tired tonight and I need to get ready for my recording tomorrow. Maybe another time.” Gary tried to reject Shin Jin as tactful as possible.

“Your recording is at 2 pm tomorrow afternoon. You have enough time to prepare tomorrow morning. I checked with your assistant.” Shin Jin whined, trying to act cute to Gary.

“You checked on my recording schedule?” Gary wasn’t too happy with what Shin Jin did. Gary is always a free soul, he never like people sticking too close to him. With someone checking him on his schedule, Gary felt that someone was intruding his piracy.

“Shin Jin, let me make it clear. I DON’T like people intruding into my personal space. Please don’t do that again.” Gary raised his voice slightly to stress to Shin Jin that he wasn’t happy with her acts.

“Oppa, you don’t love me, do you? You don’t even like me, right? I am not good enough for you?” Shin Jin asked Gary sadly with tears in her eyes.

Gary was totally taken aback with such a statement from Shin Jin.

“Shin Jin, please, please don’t behave like that.” Gary doesn’t really like girls crying in front of him. He doesn’t know how to handle the situation.

To Gary, he can only accept Jung In and Ji Hyo crying in front of him.

Jung In is like his little sister, whenever Jung In fought with Jung Chi, Gary other dongsaeng , Jung In will come to Gary’s studio to complain or sobbed. Gary and Gil,  as the big brother will always help their dongsaengs to patch up.

Ji Hyo, is someone dear and close to Gary's heart. Gary never wanted to see Ji Hyo cry or getting upset. But yet, Gary sometimes looked forward to Ji Hyo sobbing in front of him since that means, Gary get a chance to get close to her. He gets to hug her in his embrace. He gets to show her how much he cares about her. He gets to tell her that she gets all the support from her Gary Oppa.

“Gary Oppa. I knew it. You don’t love me. All the while, it was Song Ji Hyo who is in your heart. I can tell how much you care about her and how upset you are tonight when Ji Hyo unnie left with Lee Dong Wook. All these are all written over your face.” Shin Jin screamed at Gary.

“It was so obvious?” Gary muttered softly.

“Oppa, if you don’t even love me. Why are you bringing me to your friends’ gathering. Why don’t you just tell me to leave you. This is not fair. Is not fair at all!” Shin Jin continued to cry and scream. She threw herself towards Gary, hugged him tightly and attempt to kiss Gary on his lips.

“Please, Shin Jin. Please stop that.” Gary pushed her away.

“You know exactly how I feel, don’t you? Why you still want to stay with a man who has another woman in his heart?” Gary felt guilty and asked.

“Oppa, because I love you.” Shin Jin shouted.

“But I don’t….” Gary whispered softly. Though Gary’s voice is soft, it was loud enough for Shin Jin to hear.

A blinding rage had built up in Shin Jin’s temper. Upon hearing these, without any hesitation, she raised her hand and slapped Gary across his face.

Shin Jin immediately regretted when she saw her 5 fingers printed on Gary’s face.

“Oppa, I am sorry.” Shin Jin tried to cup her hands on Gary’s face. But Gary avoided any skinship with her.

“Shin Jin, it is OK. I am fine. I knew you are angry. I will be angry also if I am in your shoes. You did the right thing by slapping me. This is what I owe you.”

Gary looked straight into Shin Jin’s eyes. “Shin Jin, I am sorry that I had let you down. But I realized that I can’t fool my heart anymore. I can’t fool you anymore, I can’t fool Ji Hyo anymore. It is time for me to face my real feelings now. This is then fair for you, me and Ji Hyo.”

Gary left Shin Jin’s apartment. Shin Jin slammed the door. She started throwing things around in her house.

Gary called Simon D. “Ki Seok (Simon D’s real name) ar…I just broke off with Shin Jin. Can you come over to check on her to ensure that she is doing fine?”


“Hyung, you broke up with Shin Jin?” Haha shouted.

“Ha Dong Hoon! Can you just lower your voice? Is 3 am in the morning.” Gary glared at Haha.

Gary couldn’t sleep when he reached home. On one hand he was worried if Shin Jin was doing OK, so he stayed up to wait for Simon D’s call. On the other hand, he needed to confide in someone on what happened tonight. So he called Haha to come over his place.

Haha knew that his hyung needed someone to talk from Gary’s desperate tone.

“Daebak. Hyung, Daebak!” Haha screamed.

“Daebak? Haha, what do you mean? I thought all the while you were angry with me for not treating Shin Jin well enough?” Gary was surprised with Haha’s reaction.

“Hyung, yes, I felt that you are not treating Shin Jin well enough. I am fully aware why this is happening. This is because you have Ji Hyo in your heart. There is only 1 place in your heart and that belongs to Song Ji Hyo. I am happy for you and Ji Hyo now. You finally see where you had left your heart with. Daebak!” Haha couldn’t stop smiling.

“Don’t you think I am a jerk? I let Shin Jin down. It is like I had toyed with her feelings. And I even had with her.” Gary buried his face into his hands.

“Hyung. I didn’t want to tell you this. But since you have broken up with Shin Jin, perhaps you should know now.” Haha suddenly became serious.

“Shin Jin may had loved you but besides you, she has other men also. She is a model, though she is not those top models, she is very popular with guys. Kwang Soo and myself caught her kissing with a male model in the pub. That guy was her ex boyfriend.” Haha said.

“What? Kissing? Are you sure? And how Kwang Soo came into the picture.” Gary suddenly remembered the words Kwang Soo told him before they left the restaurant.

“Kwang Soo used to be a model. Remember? He still keeps in contact with some of his closer model friends. The male model that was kissing with Shin Jin belongs to the gang of one of his close contacts.” Haha explained.

“Kwang Soo was told that whenever Shin Jin meet up with this male model. They will start kissing and both of them will leave the party early. Rumours had it that the guy will usually spent the night at Shin Jin’s place whenever they meet.” Haha continued to tell Gary what he heard.

“Hyung, at that time Kwang Soo did not know that Shin Jin was your girlfriend. But I made him find out more from his model friends. He was puzzled too of why I was so interested on that girl. It was only that I assured him that nothing was between me and Shin Jin that Kwang Soo agreed to help. I guess he was also surprised tonight, to know that the same girl was actually your girlfriend.” Haha gave Gary all the details he knew.

“ I didn’t want to tell you these because I knew that you are trying hard to focus your love for Shin Jin. I thought that as time goes by, Shin Jin will behave herself.”

“Stress! Ha Dong, why aren’t you telling me this earlier. If I knew Shin Jin is still in love with her ex, I will just let her go.” Gary suddenly felt relieved. At least, he doesn’t feel as guilty.


Gary wake up at 10 am the next morning. There were 20 missed calls and 50 unread messages. Most of these are from Shin Jin, but there were 3 missed calls from Ji Hyo.