The Wedding Plans

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Tonight Jiro was so excited and anxious at the same time.He dressed nicely,in tune for a very special occasion in his life.He have a long sleeved shirt and a sports jacket to go with it.He checked himself at the mirror and appreciated his good looks.Not for being cocky or anything,Jiro knows that he look better than an average guy.A lot of girls has been after him,but never paid any attention to them.He just made friends with thenm and were being nice to them.

He have loved a couple girls before Selina,more like an attraction ,physial attraction,and it is like the work of over production of hormones during his youth days.But Selina was not his first love either.He have loved somebody else,and as they said first love never dies.he have kept his first love tucked in his heart ,never to be revealed to anybody,even to the recipient herself.Thinking of her right now,out a smile on his face,evethough he is marrying Selina.His love for Hebe is true and pure and he doesn't want to change that.He does not want to change anything between them at all.She is too important in his life to mess it up.

And then thinking of Selina ,she is is really precious and as much as he loved Hebe,he loved Selina as much.He knows that his future is with Selina.he was drawn to her,more than the physical attraction that he felt with his two girlfriends before but something deeper.Like Hebe,Selina's heart is  pure and he can really feel that she love him a lot.She is everything that he dream for a girl,everything that he wants for a partner and a wife.He is sure,he is going to be happy,when she becomes his wife.

He made the final touches,on his hair and tucked the tie in the right places as he went out of his room and his Mom was waiting for him,all dressed up and ready to go.Mama Wang smiled when she saw his son emerged from his room.She felt proud.She and her husband,who have gone for quite sometime now,have done a good job raising him,as she smiled at him.

The trip to the Ren residence is so short.Jiro was so surprised that they are already there before he knew it.The house was brightly lighted outside,as if expecting a very important guest.The house stood majestically in the neighborhood.Selina lives in the affluent neighborood,where the few percent of people lives.Big houses and mansions stood side by side ,with their magnificent and well manicured lawn,and the their neautiful landscaped grounds.

The maids were ready to welcome them,when they got out from the car.Everybody is expecting them.Jiro felt anxious and unsure for a while.He gave a nervous smile to his Mom,who in turn smiled back and gave him a nod in the head.He should have brought Hebe with him,another companion will surely boost his self confidence,and she always said the right thing

Selina was in the living room to welcome them,as she gave Jiro a peck on the lips and Mama wang a kiss on the cheeks.She was all smiles,you can see happiness emanates from her.Her face is glowing and flushed,as her parents came down to greet the guest.Jiro bow down his head in greetings and acknowledgement.The couple,Mr and Mrs Ren smiled. as they greeted one another.

Mama Wang looked around the household in silence.She was overwhelmed by the Ren's immense wealth.Jiro mentioned to her that Selina was rich but she never imagined her to be that this rich.She have met her few times,but never she have acted like a rich spoiled girl,in fact she is always graceful and respectful towards her.She felt a hand on her shoulder as she looked and it was Selina,as she smiled at her.My son is a lucky guy for having her,not because she is rich but because she have a good heart,she thought.

"Come on Mama,I think dinner is ready." Selina said sweetly,as she took her hand to lead her to the table.Jiro walked with them as he continued his conversation with Selina's Father.

The dining room is grand.It have a big chandelier hanging in the middle.There was big dining table with a big vase of beautiful fresh scented flowers,best wares were on display at the table.Platinum plates,and golden silver wares with napkins neatly folded in place.Suddenly Mama Wang felt so out place in the big dining room.Selina must have noted the hesitation in her,as she put her hand on her shoulder.

"I cooked a very special dish for you.I want to show off my cooking skills to you." Selina said"because I want to impress you ." as she laughed.

"I am sure,whatever you cook will taste great," Jiro said.

"What a vote of confidence,Hone,Thank you." Selina said,as she sat down beside Mama Wang on a chair that was pulled by Jiro.

"Alright before anything else I want to make a toast for Jiro and Selina,may you have a happy and loving life together." Mr Ren said."Jiro i am entrusting to you my on daughter that i love so much,so I hope you will love her and take care of her the way me and my wife have taken care of her."

"I promised you,Sir.I will do my very best to make her happy and i will take care of her." Jiro said.

"So we must plan the wedding soon.When are you planning to get married?" Mrs Ren asked.

"We are planning soon if you don't mind.Right Selina?" Jiro said.

"Yeah Mom,we are thinking of a June wedding if that is possible?" Selina said.

"My God that is barely three months away.We have a lot of things to prepare.it is not gonna be that easy." Mrs Ren said."We have to notify our relatives right away,so that they come over for the wedding." anxiety can be heard on her voice.

"Mom,we just want a simple wedding,nothing grand,right Honey." Selina said."Just the close family and friends."

"You know that is impossible.We don' t want to alienate anybody if we left them out.You are only going to be married once and we might as well make the most of it.What do you say Mrs Wang." Mrs Ren said.

"I'll be fine whatever you have decided.But i think the kids want a simple one and I do understand your stand too." Mama Wang said.

"Alright,we might as well make splash out of it." Selina agreed."But not too much guest like it is going to be a big show."

"Don't worry I will  handle everything.Trust your Mom on this." Mrs Ren said.

"Let us leave the girls on the details,that is there forte.i want to talk to you about something." Mr Ren said."if you excused us,we have a very important things to talk about." as he lead Jiro to his own private office .Somehow now,it seems all business and not personal.

"Take a seat,Jiro.since you are marrying my daughter,you can call me Dad too like Selina.From now on I consider you as my son." Mr Ren said

"Thank you Sir for accepting me in your family." Jiro said."oh Thank you Dad." as he let it slide in his throat.His Dad is long gone and it is so nice to have called somebody Dad again,although he knew nobody can replacedd his Dad.

"I want to talk to you about the business side of marriage.marriage is not all lust and money.It is more than that.Where are you working now?" Mr Ren asked.

"I am working in a big computer firm right now Dad." Jiro answered."I am one of the head in one of the department."

"Hmmmm you know that I have only two kids,Selina and Arron.But Arron is way too young and carefree.And he still have a year for his education.I want you to join us in our business and then train you,so that eventually you will the head of my business together with Arron,what do you say?" Mr Ren asked

"But Sir,I don't think I have enough qualification to head a business.And I don't think i can just leave my job,just like that." Jiro said.

"You have enough qualifications.You are going to be my son in law,and for me that is enough qualification.I don't want just anybody to claim the business that i worked hard for.I want a family to continue my legacy.I hope you are not goung to disappoint me." Mr Ren said.

"Can I think about this?Selina and I have to discussed this first.I am sorry if  I can just give you a straight answer right away." Jiro answered.

"Alright think it over.I am not getting any younger,and I just want to make sure that the business that I worked so hard for ,won't fall in somebody's hand."Mr Ren said.

"Don't worry Dad ,me and Selina will talk this over.And I will let you know as soon as we have reached a decision" Jiro said."And thak you for the offer."

They shook their hands as mr ren put his hand on jiro's shoulder.His daughter made the right choice.He is not after their status and their wealth.if it is some other guy,he would have accepted it right away.But him,he have sensed the hesitancy in his part,like he is never interested of what their family can offer him....and he is glad.He knows that his daughter is in the right hand and she is marrying a good man,as he smiled to himself.