Stumbling Blocks....On The Way Home...

The Long Way Home {Complete}

It was Friday afternoon,and the traffic was horrendous.Hebe decided for the last minute shopping that afternoon.Jeremy has been growing up so fast and with the changed of the weather ,he will be needing new clothes for the coming cold season.She left Jeremy to the baby sitter so as to accomplish her goal for today.She does not think Jiro will be coming home early today.He has been coming home late, lately.Hebe just assumed that the hectic schedule in the office plus his new social life will be keeping him very busy now.

The pain of knowing that Jiro has been dating has not wane yet. It still hurts her to think that Jiro is attracted to somebody else ,and knowing who she is and how pretty and attractive she is,pains her at no end.She developed an instant dislike on the girl Rui Sha.She seems to be such a shallow girl with no depth in her character .She does not suit Jiro.Jiro does not need that kind of girl in his life,unless that she is just there for entertainment value.But knowing Jiro,if he dates and spend stime with a girl,it means that there is certain emotional involvement somewhere.She knows she doesn't have any competition with her,as she look at her reflection on the mirror in one of the shops.

The mall is starting to fill up.The people from the workforce have started to come out.She just need to buy just a few more items for Jeremy and she is almost done.As she was walking and browsing on the windows....she heard her name somewhere as she turned  around and look at the source of that voice.There she saw Arron ,smiling at her,waving his hands to her,as Hebe stopped on her tracks, and waited for him.

"Hello Hebe,what are you doing here?" Arron asked as he stopped by her side and looked at her.

"I am just doing some shopping for Jeremy.He is growing up so fast." Hebe answered."How about you? Playing hookie again from your classes and work?" as she smiled at him.

Arron have that impish grin on his face like he was caught in the act."I am supposed to meet somebody here,I guess she is not coming."

"Ah huh you are on a date? The forever playboy." Hebe said as she laughed.

"Well if  you have paid any attention to me,then maybe, I won't be playing the field anymore." Arron said.

"It is just like you,using your flowery words again.I am way older than you." Hebe said.

"What is two years or more?" Arron said."Give me a chance "And I'll prove to you that I am also capable of being a good boy like my brother in law,Jiro."

"How did Jiro get in our conversation?" Hebe said."And I hardly see my friend as a good boy and so are you."

"Well, good boy or not,how about giving me a chance?" Arron asked.

"Well you were never that persistent anyway.What happen to your girlfriend that you were crazy about,I think her name is Guigui."Hebe said

Arron smiles faded and became serious."Well,she is water under the bridge.it is all over now." Arron answered.

Seeing the change in Arron's expression,the girl must have some serious affect on him or she must have hurt him somewhere.But she doesn't know that Arron have some serious side on him.Will it be alright to give him a chance,Hebe thought.Jiro have moved on,after Selina,he got a new girl now.Maybe it is time to give herself a chance and yes Arron a chance .....

"So are you going home now?" Arron asked.

"No just a few more items I need to buy for Jeremy." Hebe answered.

"Why don't I go with you and I'll shop  for Jeremy,afterall I am his uncle and he is my only nephew.And then I'll take you home,its been a while since I saw my nephew." Arron said.Hebe smiled and just nodded her head.....

Jiro went home early today.It is Friday and he does not have that much schedule today.It has been a while since he and Hebe and Jeremy have hang out together.It is true,he has avoided being Hebe after the bold kiss but now he has been missing her company.And the pain of rejection have sort of gone for now but was replaced by the feeling of  longing to be with her company.

The house was quiet when he got home.He went straight to Jeremy's bedroom only to find Jeremy playing on the floor with the baby sitter.No Hebe on sight inside the house.Jeremy looked up at him and smiled as soon as he saw him and crawled and tried to walk towards him,though his gait  was quite unsteady.He fell on the floor before he can even reach Jiro's side.But Jiro was able to hold on to him before he can really hurt himself.,as he picked him up and hold Jeremy in his arms.

"Where is Hebe?" Jiro asked the Nanny.

"She went out this afternoon to buy something for Jeremy." she answered."She should be coming back home soon."

Jiro just nodded his head."It is alright,I'll watch Jeremy now.I'll wait for Hebe to come back." Jiro said as he dismiss the baby sitter.

Jiro played with his son .He has grown up so fast,as he looked at him.Selina should be proud of their baby,their precious baby.He started making sounds ,and has been trying to talk now and has been moving a lot .He crawled on the floor,tried to walked grabbing one furniture to another,he was all over the room.He was tired after playing with him for more than an hour.Hebe must be equally tired taking care of Jeremy full time.He looked at his watch and it past seven o clock.He wondered what keeping Hebe that long outside.He was hoping they can have dinner together.He started to get hungry but decided to wait for her.Jeremy was becoming tired and started to ask for his bottle,as Jiro got a bottle for him and started rocking him to sleep...

Jiro stirred as he remembered where he was.Jeremy was in his arms asleep.He slowly put Jeremy to his crib and tucked him in.He looked at the watch and it is way past eight.And then he heard the sound outside and it is Hebe's voice,as he was about to open the door on Jeremy's bedroom, Hebe opened it before him.And then Jiro saw Hebe with Arron on her side.

"Jiro,you are home?" Hebe said in surprise.

"Yes,I have been home.Hi Arron,I didn't know you were here." Jiro said.

"I bumped into Hebe in the mall,and sort of went shopping with him for the little boy." Arron said."I thought of bringing Hebe home too,so I can see Jeremy."

"I am sorry,he got tired playing with me.He is already sleeping.After all it is almost his bedtime." Jiro said.He does not like the idea of seeing Hebe with Arron.Something have hit him somewhere.He does not want Hebe to be close to anybody but him.Was he jealous of Arron because he was able to spend time with Hebe? Yes he is jealous but he doesn't know if he is jealous as a friend or more....

"Well,maybe I'll just see him next time." Arron said."I think I better be going now .Nice to see you again Jiro and Hebe,I'll see you tomorrow?"

Hebe just nodded her head,as she watched Arron leave.When she turned around,she found Jiro looking at her with a frown ,more of a glare on his face.

"So what is it all about?" Jiro asked.

"About what?" Hebe asked.

"About seeing him again tomorrow." Jiro asked."Are you going out with him now?"

"No ,of course not.It is nothing,just a dinner that's all." Hebe answered but she have this uneasy feeling especially the way Jiro looked at her.

Jiro just stayed silent. It looks like he is going to say something but hold himself and it confuses Hebe.

"Did you have dinner yet?" Hebe asked.

"No,I was hoping to have dinner with you.But it looks like you have dinner with Arron already." Jiro answered with a condemning tone.

"No,we did not have dinner yet.Come on I'll have the table ready.You must be hungry now." Hebe said.

"Famished is the right word." Jiro said.

"You should have not waited for me.But I thought you are going out tonight." Hebe said.

"And what made you think that way? Where am I suppose to be going?" Jiro asked.

"A hot date ,I thought.I am sorry,i saw your picture with Rui Sha and I put two and two together." Hebe said.

"Ahhh Rui Sha..." as a smile broke on his lips."You must have read the paper.Don't believe in everything that you read.It is nothing.We just went out a couple of times."

"So you are dating her then. Is it something serious?" Hebe asked.

"I don't know yet,We are still getting to know each other.She is far cry from Selina.....and you..." Jiro said.

"Well she is very pretty with a great body and very popular,what is not to like about her." she said with bitterness.And Jiro noticed it too..Is Hebe jealous just like he is jealous with Arron? But her jealousy, is it more as friend or more,for he knows that his jealousy is not of a friend but a lot more......he is jealous as a lover this time......

"There is more that I need in a woman ,more than a body and a pretty face.You should know that by now Hebe." Jiro said.

Hebe looked at him and she knows that by heart.Yes Jiro needs more in a woman........if only.....he can look at her past their friendship,then maybe he will know that she is all he needs........