The Wedding

The Long Way Home {Complete}

The sunlight cut across the windowglass in Selina's room as it seeped in between the blinds and runs through inside the room.Selina stirred in her bed.Today is a very special day in her life,as a smile came to her.She hugged on her pillow and blanket.She never felt so happy in her life.Today she is going to marry the man she loves,the only man she ever loved in her life.And yes he is going to belong to her and she will belong to him.It is gonna be him nd her together for the rest of their life.

Images of Jiro filled her mind,giving her a happy tingly feeling.She stretches her arm and get ready for a very special day.She heard a knock on her door and then the face of her Mom pop in the door.

"Good morning.There you are ,ready for the big day?" her Mom asked.

"Yes Mom,I am more than ready.I have been waiting for this all my life." as Selina smiled and giggled.unable to contain herself.

Her Mom stared at her,her first born getting married.She looked at her ,and her heart swelled ,seeing the happiness in her face.But her heart can't stop but worry about her.She is always been so protective of her,but who is a Mom that does not worry about their daughter.But Selina is so fragile,she have been protected from all the pain and heartaches,because of her health.She just hope that her heart can take everything.The doctor have just gave her a clean bill of health but not without precautions.She just hope that Selina will listen to it.Sometimes she forgets and she can become so careless.

"The people will be here soon to start with the preparation.I just want to talk to you first before,it become so crazy around here."  Mrs Ren said."How are you feeling right now?"

"I am fine Mom.Don't worry about me.I am taking my medicines and my heart seems to be in control." Selina said."I'll be able to handle today without any problem.

"Does Jiro knows?Did you tell him about your heart condition?" Mrs Ren said.

"I have not got around in telling him,but I'll tell him when we have time to ourselves soon." Selina said,trying to brush aside the issue.

"Tonight is your first night,you have to take precaution alright?" Mrs Ren said."You can't get pregnant yet."

"Mom I know,don't worry about it.I will be careful and I will take care of myself." Selina said."We have to get ready soon.Just be happy for me Mom."

Mrs Ren smiled and hugged her daughter."I am so happy for you and I am so proud of you.You have grown to such a lady.And I am sure Jiro will be so proud of you as you walk down the aisle with your Dad."

"Thank you Mom for your understanding and your love.I love you Mom." as she hugged her Mom back."And now I believe,we have a wedding to attend." as she laughed.

Jiro was all dressed up,except for the butterfly in his tuxedo.He heard a knock on his door as his mom walked in.Mr Wang smiled at the sight of him.Her only son about to get married.He have grown to be such a fine young man and she is pretty sure that her husband has been watching them from up there.

"There is the groom all dressed up.You looked so good." Mrs Wang said."Selina will be so proud of you.I am so happy for you.I know that Selina will take care of you and that she loves you very much."

"Thank you Mom.Yes I am quite a lucky guy for marrying her today.I love her too Mom.And I will be a good husband to her." Jiro said.

"I am glad to hear that.She is you family now once you got married today.And she should be the first on your list now."Mrs Wang said."I know you and Hebe are very close and I used to wonder if the two of you will eventually end together but I knew now that what you have is just friendship.Just know your priorities in life.That is all I ask of you."

"Yes Mom,Selina is now my priority in life.You don't have to worry about that." Jiro said as he smiled and hugged  his Mom."I love you Mom and I want to thank you for everything you have done in my life."

"I guess we have to go,we don't want the bride to be waiting for us right?" Jiro said as he took his Mom's hand to go to the church.He took a deep breath as he went out .....