The Baby in Me

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Days went by and Selina's pregnancy progress on.She have to visit her doctor regularly so that she can monitor her health and the baby's.Still Selina never told Jiro then severity of her condition.Jiro just knew that she was having a hard time with the pregnancy just like any other pregnant woman around.his mom also have a hard time having him for she have him late.He was concern that her color has been getting paler and paler.She have been resting most of the time,laying in bed almost all day.

Selina would schedule her visit to the doctor when she knows Jiro will be busy in the office.He have accepted his Father in law's offer to train  and to head the helm of the office in the future.Sometimes her Mother accompanies her and sometimes Hebe.She was glad that Hebe kept the end of the promise ,that of not telling Jiro about her condition.

Selina was on the fourth month when her condition started to get bad.She woke up one morning and she have a bad palpitations and chest pains.She passed just as she was getting up and Jiro was just coming out of the bathroom.She end up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.She have never seen Jiro as worried as he is right now.

The doctor was so alarmed when he saw Selina.She had test after test.She was sedated on and off.only waking up in between test and medication.They also have to take consideration of the growing fetus in her body.They are afraid that it will affect the growth of the baby inside .

Jiro was so confused at it all.he does not know what went wrong all of a sudden.His wife ending up in the intensive care with the monitor for her heart.He have never been afraid in his life than now.Looking at Selina's pale face lying in the hospital bed, just break his heart.He is worried that the two people that is very important in his life are in danger.

Hebe went for a visit upon hearing that Selina is in the hospital.She was worried about Selina and the baby and most of all she was worried about Jiro,how he is handling all of this.She knows that her friend needs her right now.Hebe found Jiro by the bedside looking so lost and in confused state.The doctor have spoken to him about Selina's condition and he was in shock to learn all of this right now.Hebe's heart went to him,knowing how much he is hurting right now.

Hebe looked at Selina in bed,her face so pale,and she was hooked up in the monitor for his heart and the fetal minitor for the baby.There an intravenous fluids running on her arm.She have been sleeping,for they have given her medication for the pain.She looks like she have been robbed off of her youth,life and vitality.Tears came as she tried to wipe it away,and guilt overtook her.

"Hebe,how come I never knew about this?" Jiro asked."She never told me,if I have known,we should or....I should never ask her for a baby if it will cause her this." Jiro said.

"She wants to spare you from all the confusion and the pain." Hebe said.

"Do you know anything about her condition?" Jiro asked.

Hebe nodded."She told me after the pregnancy." Hebe said.

"So everybody knows except me her husband?" Jiro said in bitterness."I thought you are my friend?"

"Selina made me promised ,I can't break my promise to her."Hebe said."I am so sorry.I wanted to tell you but i can't."

"Now,how would you think I can live with this guilt,knowing that I cause her this." Jiro said.

"No,no,Jiro you have to listen,she did this because she loves you and she wants to make you happy,knowing how much you want to have a baby." Hebe said holding him near her,"She loves you too much and she loves that baby a lot,even if it will mean this." as Hebe cried and hugged Jiro.They cried holding each other.

"I love her too,more than she'll ever know." Jiro said.Hebe cried,no matter that his words have hurt her a lot,her friend's confession of his love for his wife made her admire the two of them more.What is more beautiful that two people loving each other through their pain and misfortunes....