Moving Roadblocks

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Hebe woke up with Jeremy's crying that morning.It has been quite sometime when Jeremy woke up with a cry.He is usually a happy and easy child.But today Hebe can hear his scream ,as she rushed to his side to comfort him,still in her nightgown...

Hebe found Jeremy restless and crying.His face is red ,as Hebe put her hand on his forehead.He is quite hot and he have stuffy nose.He was fine last night as she tuck him to bed.She wondered what is happening now.She took Jeremy in her arms as she tried to calm him down and at the same time trying to find the thermometer in his drawer.

Jeremy started to calm down as soon as he was in Hebe's arms.But you can still his sobbing,as soon as Jiro walked in Jeremys bedroom.He woke up too and was quite alarmed to hear his son crying at an early morning.

"What is wrong?Why is he crying?" Jiro asked with worry look in his face.

"I don't know,he was perfectly fine last night when i put him to bed."Hebe answered."Can you help me find the thermometer,cause he feels hot to me."

Jiro looked on Jeremy's drawer for the thermometer,and then quickly found it.He took Jeremy's thermometer as Hebe holds Jeremy,and sure enough,he got a fever.

"Yeah,he got a fever." Hebe said."Can you hold him for me,so I can get the medicine and have him ready for a sponge bath to cool him down." as Hebe gave Jeremy to Jiro.She later noticed that she is still wearing her nightgown and that she have no time to change.She noted the way Jiro looked at her in her night gown as he took a deep breath...suddenly she was conscious of what she is wearing in front of him.But she got no time now,the most important thing is Jeremy as she rushed to get the medicine.

A few more minutes ,Jeremy took the medicine and they gave him the bath to cool him down.Jeremy is still crying on  and off during the bath ,something is obviously wrong with him.

"Do you think,we have to bring him to the hospital?" Jiro asked.

"Let us call his doctor first and let him know.Maybe it is just a viral infection if not I'll bring him later to his office." Hebe said."I'll take care of him,why don't you get ready for work.I'll just call you if there is anything."

"I think I'll just stay and help you out with Jeremy." Jiro said.

"No,just go to work .I'll just call you.You don't have to stay." Hebe said."He will be alright.right Jeremy?" as she hold him closer in her arms..

"Alright but call me ,just call me." Jiro said."Thank you Hebe,I"ll probably go crazy if you are not here." as he smiled at her.

Hebe just smiled.Hearing him say that and knowing that he still needs him in his life sort of made her heart lighter....

Hebe took Jeremy to the doctors office and the doctor decided to send him to the hospital and do a couple of test there.He still keep having high grade fever and he is listless and very irritable....and they can't seem to find the source of his fever.Hebe called Jiro and informed him of Jeremy's condition.

She almost forget that she have a date with Jay that evening.They have been going out lately and she has been enjoying his company,for he is funny ,very interesting to talk to and they have quite a lot in common,their love for music is one.Sometimes they end up going round in all the musical joint for the night.And Jay is easy,no romantic talks and he doesn't makes any pass on her,them is like companionship and sharing of ideas and time together.

Jiro has met Jay and he is non committal about him.he didn't say much,she has a feeling that Jiro likes Arron more than Jay.She even asked him about his opinion of him but he didn't say much about him....

"So what do you think?"Hebe asked.

"About him,I really don't know him to say anything.I just met him." Jiro said."Do you like him?"

"I...I don't know.But he is really nice and we have alot in common." Hebe said

"I...see.I didn't even know that his kind is your type." Jiro said unsmiling,and then turned his back on her.

She called up Jay to cancel their date for the night,and he doesn't sound too happy about the cancellation.In fact he sounds upset .He doesn't think that Jeremy being sick is enough reason to cancel.Hebe felt a certain jealousy in his voice .Hebe just brushed it off.

Jiro came after hearing that Jeremy is being admitted to the hospital.He was there as soon as they got in the room.The doctor ordered a lot of test.They took blood samples,had x ray and ct scan done.They put an intravenous and started him on antibiotic.If earlier Jeremy was screaming and whimpering now he is so quiet and tired and it looks like that he doesn't have the energy to fight it off.Hebe was now more worried than before.And he has not been eating and refused to drink anything,he even threw up that morning.

"Something is wrong with him.he has not drank nor eaten at all the whole day." Hebe said.

"Don't worry Hebe.We will find out soon.Why don't you go home and take a rest and I will keep an eye for him.I don't even think you have eaten anything yourself." Jiro said as he noted her tired and worried appearance.

"No,I'll stay with him.He will be looking for me.Don't worry about me.I am alright.I hope I can say the same for Jeremy." Hebe said.

Jiro put his arm around Hebe as he pulled her in a hug in order to comfort her.

That evening the results came in and Jeremy came out positive for flu and strep infection.He is still having on and off fever and he is not eating and drinking at all.Jiro and Hebe stayed with Jeremy all throughout.

Kim Jiro's girlfriend came for a visit.Jiro have introduced Kim to Hebe and yes they have dating for more than a month now.She is quite young ,very beautiful and quite nice.Kim is such a sweet girl,but the only fault that Hebe found on her is that she is too innocent and inexperienced.She must have been born with a golden spoon in and her parents must have protected her from all the realities of the world.She have seen only the good things and bright lights of life and nothing of the harsh and realities of the real world.Hebe does not know if she would be able to cope with realities in Jiro's life and that he is a father and have a son to care for.

"Is he gonna be alright?" Kimi asked.

"Yeah,the doctors said ,he will be just fine.maybe a couple more days here." Jiro answered."So how are you?"

"I am alright.I want to stay but I have to go and see a friend tonight.But I will be back tomorrow to visit." Kimi said."Will you be alright?"

"Yeah,I am fine ,just tired." Jiro said."So what will you be doing with your friend?"

"I don't know yet.She just came back from a trip abroad and I have not seen her for quite a while.I'll see you tomorrow." Kimi said as she gave Jiro a peck on the lips and gone.Hebe was holding Jeremy throughout it all and have seen everything.She wondered if Kimi have seen the reality in Jiro's life and if  Jiro has seen the possibilities of their life in the future....And Hebe's heart aches as she can see and imagine the possible future of them together.

That night, Jeremy's fever never left as Jiro and Hebe took turns in holding him and taking care of him.It was already morning when finally the fever broke and Jeremy was able to sleep in Hebe's arms as both of them sleep together.Hebe too was exhausted being awake since that morning,and having to run along and take care of Jeremy all day and all night long.

Jiro stared at the two of them together.His own heart tagging him.How come he have never have seen it before.Jeremy and Hebe are the two most important people in his life right now.Wthout any of them in his life ,he knows now that he will be never be happy and complete in his life.Hebe his friend,who he had loved and cared and who had shown him love and care more than anybody else aside from his Mom.He smiled at the sight of her and Jeremy,as he gave Hebe and Jeremy a kiss....as tears and happiness mixed in realization of it all......the love that he have tucked inside flowed out and it flooded him.....