Wanting Hebe

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Hebe woke up when she felt a hand on her cheeks.And when she opened her eyes,she found Jiro's eyes on her.he smiled at her as her heart melts at that smile.She realized that her arms are empty and she got up quickly wondering where is Jeremy and she doesn't have to look hard cause she found Jeremy in the crib beside her.He was sleeping peacefully.The fever must have gone down now.he looks so comfortable.The worst must be over now,as she looked at him and made sure that he is prtty much tucked in.

"You must be hungry.Why don't we go down to the cafeteria to grab some thing to eat?" Jiro suggested.

"But Jeremy, I don't want to leave him."Hebe said.

"He will be just fine.he just went back to sleep.He will be sleeping for a while.We'll just have the nurse know to keep an eye on him and we will be back."Jiro said."I don't want you getting sick.We still need you."

Hebe smiled at the words.And Jiro saying we,instead of Jeremy made her smile.To hear that Jiro also needs her...made her happy.

"I am not gonna get sick.I am tougher than that." Hebe said.

"I am glad to hear that but I don't want you getting sick.Jeremy being sick is enough and if you get sick...that will be too much to handle." Jiro said."Come on let us go." as he took Hebe's hand.

They have breakfast together.From the outside,you think that they are a couple who have a sick child.Jeremy was still sleeping when they get back.

"Are you not going to work today?" Hebe asked.

"No,I thought of staying today.I just want to be sure that Jeremy is alright.I won't be able to concentrate in the office.And it is not fair for you to all alone,without somebody to help you out with him." Jiro answered.

"I am fine,don't worry about me.I can handle Jeremy." Hebe said."If you have something to do in the office,just ran along.I'll just call you if ever,"

"Are you sure about that? But I want to talk to the doctor first beforte I leave.I just wanna make sure that he will be just fine." Jiro said.

By mid morning,the doctor made rounds and told Jiro that Jeremy will be just fine.He left for office after that,leaving Hebe with Jeremy.Jeremy is back to his normal self again the happy and playful Jeremy that he is.

Kimi came around luch time,and Jeremy was in the high chair playing and eating at the same time.

She smiled at the sight of Hebe and Jeremy.

"Is he better now?" Kimi asked Hebe,

"Yeah,the doctor said that the worst is over now.And he was back to his old self again." Hebe said.

Jeremy smiled and laughed as he threw his food on Kimi and Hebe playing with them.The cereals  found it's way on Kimi's blouse.

"Jeremy that is not so nice." Hebe said as she tried to take the bowl of cereal from him."I am so sorry but he was on this playful mood today."

"It is alright.Jiro is in the office?" Kimi asked.

"Yes,he just left a while ago." Hebe said.

"Is Jeremy always this playful all around?" Kimi asked.

"Yes,quite playful and happy child." Hebe said.

"So you took care of him since he was a baby?" she asked and Hebe just nodded her head.

"Will you be staying even if Jiro got married?" Kimi asked.

"No I don't think so for I have life of my own too.And it will be awkward.I was just helping Jiro right now.This is just a temporary set up." Hebe said.

"Hebe can I tell you something?" KImi asked.Hebe nodded her head,

Kimi stopped and stared at hebe with a serious look in her face.Anxiety can be seen in her eyes."I know Jiro is your friend.But I really love Jiro  and all but I don't think I am ready to be a Mom yet.I am way too young for all of this."

"Does Jiro knows all your thoughts about this?" Hebe asked.

Kimi shook her head."No he doesn't know.I really love him and all but I don't know if I am rady to take all this responsibilities with Jeremy.I am so torn."

"I can understand how you feel.But you have to tell Jiro soon." Hebe said."Before it is too late." as worry came to her.Jiro seems to like her a lot.What will happen if he learned her hesitaton and her confusion?

"I know,but i am having a hard time letting him go." Kimi said."I don't know what to tell him."

"Just tell him the truth Kimi.Just tell him the truth." Hebe said,She felt so sorry for Jiro,just when he thought he found the right girl for him and then this.....Jiro and Jeremy definite needs her more now that ever.......as a frown crossed her face...