The Good Old Days

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Selina woke up with Jiro's face staring at her.She can see the pain in his eyes.He must have known what her condition right now.She felt guilty for seeing him like this.She have tried to avoid telling him the truth,but no truth can be hidden forever,that she knows it by now.She wondered that with all the anguish in his eyes,if he secretly blamed her or himself� for all of this.

Selina touched Jiros hand and tried to smile but it is acking,not much of a strenght to do anything right now.Jiro came to her and hugged her.She can feel the wetness of his face when he tried to kiss her which probably from the tears.She never expected him to be this miserable,But what is she expecting then for Jiro to be accepting of her fate?She never thought that her husband really love her that much.She feels like crying herself,knowing how much her husband love her as much.

Days went by,and Selina has to stay in the hospital to be monitored.Her condition seems to be easing up and the baby growing steadily in the womb.It has been decided that Selina will have a Caesarean Section once the baby's lungs matures enough to be able to survive outside her womb.It seems like the hospital has been their second home.

On her 6th month of pregnancy,Selina was able to go home for now.She felt better coming to their home after a month of living in the hospital.She will still be in a bedrest for the remaining of her pregnancy.her mom insisted that Selina go home to their parents home but Selina refused,this is her home now,and for whatever she wants to stay with her husband in their place called home.She have a nurse that checked on her everyday aside from her regular visit to her doctor.

Meanwhile Jiro was hustling between work and hospital.Since he is working now in Ren's business ,his Father in law has allowed him as much leeway to spend more time with his wife.Being new to the business is also putting more stress to Jiro plus his wife and his child present condition.He is always scared that either one of them or both them will be in danger.

One night after a conference with the staff,as everyone left for the night,Jiro found himself so alone and lonely,he have just checked on Selina a few minutes ago and she was sleeping already.She seems better for the past few days.She was able to seat up and eat a lot better than the previous day.The baby too is coping well and growing so fast.They knew it now that they are going to have a baby boy and Selina was more than happy to give Jiro the son that he wants.

He gathered his things and found himself in front of Hebe's apartment.He rang her bell,he never bother to call her to tell her that he was coming.A half awake Hebe opened the door in her pajama,looking at Jiro and the way he look,she knows that her friend needs her now ,as it woke her up.

"What's up with you?" Hebe asked as she let him inside the house.

Jiro remains quiet as he slumped in the couch.He just looked at her."I don't know what to think anymore and what to hope for." Jiro finally blurted out after being silent for a few seconds."I am so worried to both of them.I want them both in my life.I don't want to choose when the time comes.I am so confused and lost." Jiro said as he put his hands on his face and Hebe immediately came to him and hugged him.She have never seen him so lost and confused in his life than now,as Jiro hugged ger back.

"You don't have to choose.You can have both of them in your life.Selina and the baby will make it through.She was even able to go home now." Hebe said as she tried to console him.

"But what if both or the baby or Selina could not make it?I don't think I would be able to live after that." Jiro said.

"Hush,stop it.Don't scare yourself for something that is not here yet.Deal with it as it comes.Pray,pray hard that Selina and the baby will be just fine."Hebe said."You'll make it through,you and Selina will get pass this." as she stared at Jiro in a firm and soothing voice.

Jiro stared back at her,the strenghth in her and the confidence and faith in her seems to ease up the turmoil inside himself.As they hugged each other."I don't know what I'll do without you." Jiro said"You seems to make everything in perspective.and I love you for it."

"That is why I am your best friend.How about some tea and some ricecakes that I made,which happens to be your favoriye." she said as she got up.

"You just know how you make me feel better,and the tea and the ricecakes tops it all." as he got up and followed Hebe in the kitchen.They shared a cup of tea and ricecakes,Hebe noticed the smile on his face,as he told her stories about his job and the people that he is working with.It is like the old days when they share stories and tales of the days.How can it be that the good old days never last long?Hebe asked herself as Jiro finished his story and his cup of tea ,as he prepared to go home to his wife ,Selina.....