Stay With Me

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Another week is done as Hebe hurry up to the train station to go home.She looked up at the sky and it seems it is going to be a lovely afternoon.She decided to make a detour to the grocery to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables.She feels like cooking today.She doesn't have any place to go anyway.Arron has been calling her and asking her out before, but it seems he finally gave up.He must have found somebody to spend his time with and pay attention to.There was also a guy in the office who keeps asking her out but she is just not interested.How come it is so hard to let go of an old feeling? Hebe sighed at the thought.

Jiro seems to listen to her and he was on his feet back again,as far as she knew.He was back in the office and back in his job where he left off and he is in a process of looking for a temporary replacement for his baby sitter.He told her that, last time she spoke to him a couple of nights ago.He is still lonely and mourning from Selina's death.She can still sensed the longing and the sadness in his voice everytime she talks to him.She wants to comfort him and be with him ,in his lost but something is holding her back,her feelings for him.Now that he is free again,she does not want to hope and dream again that they can still become  true and be a reality.She is all and will only be a friend to him and nothing more as much as many times ,he told her he loves her.,only as a friend forever.She closed her eyes and the pain hits her hard as she flinched at the pain.She needs to step back from him so as not to bring false hopes and dreams again.

It took her a while before she was able to reach the house as she put away the things that she bought and changed to a comfortable clothes.A TV or a book will be next in  order and a hot coco after wards before going to bed.She prepared her veggie and cut them up and cut some meat to go with it.She ends up cooking to much just for one person.

Just when she was almost done her phone rang and it is Jiro.Her hearts flipped flop everytime she hears his voice.He can still do that to her,eventhough they have known each other through out this years and have heard his voice endless times.He is the only one who can do that to her,someone who can give her this certain feeling of elation and pain at the same time.

"Jiro,what's up?" Hebe asked.

"Hebe I,need your help.I am coming over there now.Wait up for me." Jiro said on  the other line.

"Alright.I am not going anywhere.I will be just right here." Hebe said,as she hung up.She wondered what is it this time,that he wants from her.And knowing that she couldn't say no to him,she wondered if she can ever say no to him.She decided to wait for him for dinner as she added another plate in the table .

A few more minutes and a hurried Jiro is on his door with a look of worry can be seen in his face.She wondered can she not be a part of this.It seems her life is always intertwined with Jiro's life wether she likes it or not....but she knew deep in her heart she will always welcome his intrusion in her life.She always wanted to be a part of his life.He seems to have ran the stairs all the way up,as he was short of breath when she open the door for him.

"Where is the fire? I hope it is not around." Hebe said in a teasing way.

"Nowhere,I have to use the stairs for your elevator is not working." Jiro said.grasping for air.

"It was working earlier." Hebe said."So what's up Mr Big Shot? What is your problem this time?But before that,I am hungry,I barely eat my lunch today,so let us have dinner first.You have not eaten by chance have you?"

"No,I don't really have that much of an appetite nowadays ." Jiro said."But maybe with your cooking...I'll be able to eat something."

"Come on." as they went to the kitchen and sat down on the table.

"You cooked a lot today ,you are not expecting somebody,are you?" Jiro asked. as he looked at all the food on the table.

"No ,I just feel like cooking today and you just got lucky." Hebe said as she sat down."And it didn't help that I am so hungry when I was cooking so I cooked more than I usually do."

"Uhmm,this is good.You are still the best cook in town next to Mama." Jiro said."Lucky is the guy who will marry you and have to come everyday with this cooked meal.Do you have anybody in mind?"

Hebe shooked her head and looked at him."No,nobody really,and I am not looking either ." Hebe said.

"Still the tough cookie that you are .If they only knew you like the way I knew you,I am sure there will be a thousand guys outside waiting in line for you." Jiro said."You are close to perfect ,to an ideal girl.The guy who will have your heart  is very lucky.."

"Uhmm,is there anything that you want from me? You know you don't have to use your flowery words with me.Save it for somebody else." Hebe said,but she can feel her heart swelling hearing him say those words,but she knew better than to believe those words in another context.Those words are meant for a friend and not as a lover.

"Uhmmm you caught me." as he forced a smile on his lips. And then his face becomes so serious with a sad eyes to match the mood."Hebe ,I need your help.You are the only one that can help me.You know that the baby sitter is leaving to visit her family for a week or two.And I am having a hard time picking a sitter for the baby.I can't  trust the baby with just anybody else.I need you Can you stay with us with the baby.I'll hire a sitter but I still need somebody who will be looking after him.I will be very busy with the business,I will be travellng a lot between here and there,Mama can't do it anymore ,she is way too old to handle the baby and my Mother in law is also busy with her own thing and her own family to take care of..And next to them,you are the only one I can trust.I know that you will be looking for his welfare when I am not around.Please say yes?"

"But what about my job?And there is a lot of things to consider...." Hebe said as she rattled with words.To live with Jiro and the baby,she was so confused,she wants to be with him but then,what about her feelings,seeing him once in a while ,now and then is alright but to be living in the same house with him,isn't she is digging a deeper hole for herself with regards to her feelings for him?

"Hebe ,please this is the most important thing that I am gonna ask of you.Please say yes.I know how much you love my baby and how much you care for him. Don't even think about me but think of Jeremy." Jiro asked.

Hebe stopped,Jiro caught her, he knows where to tagged her ,as she think of that precious baby that cost Selina ,her friend her life.She remembered Selina's last word to her,to look after Jiro and the baby,as her eyes teared.

"I know I am asking a lot from you but if you say yes,Jeremy and I will be forever grateful to you all our life." Jiro said.

Hebe stood up and look out at the window,Jiro's last words have hurt her.She doesn't want him to be grateful to her,she just wants him to love her,love her as a man loves a woman.She just wants his love,as Hebe took in a deep breath as she takes in the pain of loving this man,Jiro her friend....And Hebe knows what is her answer,she will do anything and everything for this man,even giving up her life just like Selina did.

"Alright,I'll do it for you and the baby and Selina." as she turned to look at him and she force a smile eventhough she feels like crying.She just hope she is not making the worst mistake in her life with her decision...yes she just have to think of the baby...It is for Jeremy as she convinced herself....but she knew within herself that it is more than Jeremy but for the love of the man in front of her,for the love of Jiro....as she bit her lips...