Almost Home

The Long Way Home {Complete}

Two days in the hospital and Jeremy was feeling better already.He is eating well and playing again,back to his old self again.Jeremy was released from the hospital on the third day and Jiro was there to take them home.Jeremy will be just needing a follow up in the doctor's office after a week.Jiro and Hebe was relieved to see Jeremy well again.

"So you are all ready to go?" Jiro asked Hebe.

"Yes I got all the prescriptions and instructions from the doctor.You should have not come.I can manage this by myself.You should not have skipped work today." Hebe said.

"It is alright.,I don't have much of an schedule today.And you are tired already as it is." Jiro said."So how's the little one,feeling better already and ready to go home?" as he took Jeremy from Hebe.He laughed and goo goo at his Father's presence.

"I think he is ready to go home.He has enough of this place." Hebe said with a smile.

"Yeah,me three.We better go home." Jiro said with a smile.

After reaching home,Hebe thought that Jiro is just gonna drop them off and he will go to work for the remaining of the day but Jiro opted to stay home with Jeremy and Hebe.

"Why don't you take a rest?" Jiro asked Hebe."You have been tired and you never have any proper sleep in the hospital.I watch Jeremy for a while."

" I am fine.I feel better now that we are home." Hebe answered."I can sleep tonight.Why don't you rest yourself.You too has been tired from going to the hospital and work."

"No I am fine.I am not really that tired.I just want to watch Jeremy and stay with you here at home." Jiro said."When I went home yesterday ,and you and Jeremy are in the hospital,somehow this house seems so empty and so lonely.And I told myself that I won't let the two of you be away from me ever again."

Hebe looked at Jiro and she cannot fathom and understand the things that he was saying.She felt something is different eversince Jeremy was in the hospital.Jiro has been more caring and more affectionate towards her.Although her heart wants to sing with joy but she knows better not to delude herself.She loves Jiro more than anything else but she never dream nor hope that he will ever return her feelings for him.

Jiro stared back at her and smiled."I am really grateful for all the things that you have done for me and Jeremy.Thank you Hebe for being with me through all of these."

"I am just glad that I can help you out.And you gave me a family that I never have." Hebe said her eyes misting from the unshed tear and Jiro really touched her heart saying those words this time,as Jiro pulled her closer to him  for a hug.

"I think I should start preparing dinner,Maybe we can ask Mama to come and have dinner with us." Hebe said,lightening up the mood for a moment.

"Yeah,I think she is also anxious to see Jeremy after getting sick.Yes we should invite her over." Jiro said.

That night they shared a dinner with Wang Mama.Hebe prepared a special dinner for them.Jiro picked up Mama in the afternoon.She was happy to be with her son and her grandson and Hebe.She sort of treated and loved Hebe as a daughter,long way before.Back when Jiro and Hebe became friends when they were very young.She always wished that Jiro and Hebe will end up together .She knew about her son's feeling for Hebe way back then but she doesn't know what become of it that they decided to be just friends after all those times that they have shared together.She can't dictate nor tell them what to do with their life ,she knew that in time they will find each other again if their feeling for each other is real and true.She knows that every heart has a way of finding it's way to it's home....And seeing them together tonight,as they look and treat each other with affection....she knows that his son's heart is on his way home......