Taking Time

The Long Way Home {Complete}

A week after Jeremy's birthday ,Jiro is back ontrack again.A year after Selina's death,somehow,it is true at what they say that time heals all wounds.The dreaded sad feeling each time he wakes up is gone but was replaced with a happy hopeful feeling.he finds himself looking forward each day,having to see Jeremy and Hebe every morning and and the anticipation that they will be there in the house when he comes back at night.Somehow his old feelings for Hebe have started to resurfaced again.He knows it is wrong,but somehow he can't help himself to fall for her everyday especially when he see her every morning with her bright sunny smile and with her encouraging words.And to see her with Jeremy always melts his heart.Her natural maternal instinct,her patience and understanding  of Jeremy's little tantrums amazed him at no end.Sometimes he wondered if...she is the one for him....How come his feelings for her never went away through all this time?But isn't they say that  first love never ever dies.Is it the case for him?

Jiro looked at his calendar and it looks like he have a very light schedule this coming week.The biggest transactions that he have handled is already in can.he had a hard time dealing with their client but he was able to charm them and soon their contract is signed and sealed.His own Father in law was so impressed by him.Maybe a little vacations after those hectic schedule is in order.

He called his secretary and ordered her to reschedule all his appointments for next week.He called her travel agent as he made his necessary arrangement .There was a smile on his face after he was done.he went home early that day...

Hebe was surprised to see Jiro home early today.He is usually home when the night falls.But today he phoned her to tell her that he will be home early.Aside from being in charged with Jeremy,Hebe now also in charge of the whole household as Jiro delegated much of the things at home. She decided to cook something special for Jiro today.Having to managed the house is not that difficult for Jiro hired a maid and a baby sitter to help out Hebe.As hebe stopped working,Jiro have also provided Hebe as a sort of salary.Although Hebe refused at first but Jiro insisted that she be compensated for her work in the house.

Jeremy has been like a son to her.The baby has depended on her and looked up at her like she is the Mother,that he will never have.Trusted her and seek comfort in her arms when he is upset,afraid and hurt.Hebe just welcomed the young boy's warmth and affection,as the young boy did with hers.Sometimes she dreamed at night that Jeremy was her own and not of Selina's,but wake up with such guilt for feeling this way.She knows that Selina knows about her feelings to Jiro and now that he have Jeremy's affection,she wondered what Selina's must be feeling right now? Will she be happy that somebody is loving and taking care of her son as her own or will she be jealous and angry for taking over for the role that is supposed to be hers ?Is the love that she have for Jiro and Jeremy is wa welcome thing for Selina or is she angry and hurt to all of this?If only she can ask and talk to Selina even once,to know what she feels right now.

An hour after and Jiro was home.He looks happy and smiling.He has been in a happy mood lately.She wondered what is the cause of his happy attitude.She have not seen him dating yet,but she wondered if another girl is the reason.It is too soon for him to have a relationship,she thought.She knows she is gonna be hurt once Jiro starts dating again,but she have been hurt before,and she knew that she can handle it,she have handled it before.But somehow,living with Jiro in the same house , her feelings for him have grown more deeply than before when she thought it is not going to be possible.Having him and Jeremy by her side everyday ,made her more possesive of him when before she can just be contented in loving him from a far.Will another woman will be an issue before them when the time comes,she wondered.But she knew herself and she jnew her love for Jiro was never that selfish.She will be happy to let go of him when the time comes...

"Uhmmm,I can smell something real good."  Jiro said as he walked in the kitchen where Hebe was almost done cooking.

"Yes,it is you're favorite.I was not doing anything so I decided to cook today." Hebe said."I hope you are hungry?"

"Yes,I am famished.I was busy all day trying to clear my schedules for next week." Jiro said.

"Why don't you washed up and change so we can eat dinner." Hebe said."And Jeremy I think is still playing ."

"Yeah,I just past by the nursery.he was too busy to notice me." Jiro said."Let me go and change.Uhmm I am hungry already."

Jiro came out of his room ,newly showered and have changed .he found Jeremy in his high chair and Hebe was feeding the baby already.He was all mushy and messy cause he is playing with his food.he smiled when he saw his Daddy as he tried to raise his arms for him....

Jiro laughed....as he tapped his head.The baby laughed and giggled and as he made some funny sounds,as both Hebe and Jiro laughed.The table was set already as Hebe finished feeding Jeremy.She let him stay on the chair as he played.Jiro and hebe ate together.from the distance,you can see a picture of a family together....

"Ahhh,do you have anything planned next week?" Jiro asked.

"Uhmmm nothing really.Jeremy's doctor's visit is not until after this week.Why did you ask? "Hebe said.

"I was thinking...of going away for the week.What do you think,you think you are up for it?" Jiro asked.

"What do you mean?" Hebe asked.

"I was thinking of having a mini vacation next week.And I thought it will be fun if you and Jeremy can come with me." Jiro said.

"And where are we going?" Hebe asked.

"Somewhere near the water and something fun,what doyou think?" Jiro asked.

"Sounds nice.A sun will be good for Jeremy and the break will be good for you." Hebe said.

"And you have been cooped up in this house for a long time.A little vacation will do you good too." Jiro said.

Hebe smiled at Jiro,as they laughed together."Yeah a vacation is what we definitely need." they said in unison.

"I made all the arrangement already.We are leaving the day after tomorrow." Jiro said."You want to know where we are going?"

Hebe nodded her head and smiled.

"We are going to Hongkong.We can take Jeremy to Disneyland and we can go to the Zoo and you can go shopping too." Jiro said

"Oh,I didn't know we are going abroad.Hongkong...I always wanted to go there." Hebe said.

"I know,that is why I am bringing you there.That is the least that I can do for you." Jiro said."You just don't know how your presence in my life has helped me."

"Jiro you are my friend,not just any other friend,my best friend.We went through a lot already.You were there for me too,when my parents died." Hebe said.

"But still you are here for me and now with Jeremy.I just can't thank you enough.Thank you my friend." Jiro said as he took her hand and pulled her closer and hugged her.Both of their eyes teared as they hugged each other and somehow found comfort in each other's embrace and both wishing that they will stay together bonded together with friendship and love.....