Regrets.....Or Not

The Long Way Home {Complete}

The night after dinner,as Jiro and Hebe put Jeremy to bed.Something just came about ,the comfortable feeling of friendship between them was replaced with an awkward feeling.The hidden feelings have resurfaced.Could it be the wine that they have shared ot the magical nights of Hongkong.As Jiro stared at Hebe and Hebe stared back at him,both have let their guards down......

Staring at Hebe and finding her very attractive tonight as he stared at her red luscious lips.He often wondered how sweet will it taste and tonight ,he just have to taste it as his lips came down on her.her lips was soft ,sweet and moist as he drew her body closer to him.he sensed the surprised on his bold move and yet felt Hebe's response to his lips as she yield to his demands and let him kiss her,as she closed her eyes......Somehow kissing Hebe felt so right this time...and as if the time stood still until  Jeremy cries......

Jiro's unexpected kiss left Hebe unaware of her sorroundings.She just want to feel his kiss and remember it for the rest of her life.She have been dreaming of this for the longest time.An affection not of a friend but of a lover,is the only thing that she have yearned for.Will she regret it accepting his kiss tonight or will Jiro regret kissing her tonight?But she wants this and have been wanting this kiss forever...She felt that she was lifted up from the ordinary world that she lived but have lifted up to a higher level called heaven where there is anever ending happiness and ecstasy.....and as Jiro lifted up his lips from her,she came back to earth and she was back to reality again,and heard jeremu crying as she scramble on her feet to get to Jeremy.Jiro likewise stood still on his spot.....

Hebe went to the room and comforted jeremy as he went back to sleep.Hebe was confused with her own emotions and Jiro's latest action.He did not follow her to the room.She never heard anything from him.She wondered if he regretted kissing her? Was he got carried away by the night,alcohol and it's been a while since he was in a company of an oppposite except her after Selina's death.She knows,she should not put any meaning in the kiss.But how come her heart is saying otherwise.....Tears came in the midst of confusion..Only if she doesn't love Jiro,then things can a lot easier,but she loves him hopelessly...Maybe she should give her life a chance with somebody else.just like she have planned before,maybe she can overcome her feelings for him....

As Hebe left his side,Jiro stayed rooted in his place.he is confused now.He has always love Hebe as her first love and then as a friend.But all this time,he has never made a move on her.He always respected their friendship and has never cross the line.But tonight,he just knew that it is right to kiss her and it feels right to have her in his arms.He wondered if she is mad at him,id she felt that he have taken advantage of her.Does he have to say sorry though,he was never really sorry at all? Did he gambled away thier friendship tonight because of his bold move?

He sat on the sofa,as he flipped open the TV.He wondered if she will ever get out of the room.Jeremy has been quiet now and might have gone back to sleep.he wondered if she is going to say anything or if she expect him to say anything about tonight......He waited for her but she never came out in the security of their room....

Hebe woke up with Jeremy on her face ,tapping his fingers on her face.She looked out at the window and the sun is already up.They are scheduled to go back home this afternoon.She have to start packing soon.It looks like it is so quiet outside.She wondered if Jiro is still sleeping.Jeremy must be hungry now.She got up and wash up and dressed up Jeremy.

She was surprised to see Jiro sitting on the sofa,he is all dressed up already and with the breakfast ready.he smiled as she and Jeremy emerged from the room.

"Uhmm Good morning,I thought you are still sleeping?" Jiro said.

Hebe smiled."Jeremy woke me up.He must be hungry." she said.

"I ordered room service for now.We still have to pack and I don't wann be late on our flight." Jiro said.

"Yes,that's good, I don't feel like going out too for breakfast." Hebe said,as she set up Jeremy on the high chair and starteed preparing food for him.

"Uhmm,it is gonna be hard again to go back to work after this vacation." Jiro said.

"I had a good time and the little boy too had a good time.right Jeremy?" as Hebe looked at the baby who smiled and made a sound....Hebe and Jiro joined him in his fun....

"Hebe....about last night..." as Jiro started

Hebe's heart beats faster at the mention of last night.What is he going to say? Will he say sorry?She does not want his apology,she does not want him to be sorry for kissing her.She doesn't have to hear this.

"You don't have to worry about it.I know you were  just carried away.And you thought I was one of your dates." Hebe said with a smile."I think you should start dating soon.It has been a year since Selina."

Somehow Jiro was disappointed of what Hebe have to say for that matter.She is just brushing away the incident,like it doesn't matter.She even want him to date soon.What is wrong with her?Didn't she knows that it takes a lot of guts to do it.Does it mean that she only cares for him as a friend no more and no less?

Jiro forced a smile on his face to cover the disappointment."I know you will understand." that's all he can say as he took a sip from his hot coffee and he got burned on his throat.Next time he will make sure that he is not going to cross the line again....or else disappointment....and heartache....will follow....

Once they are home,Jiro was back on his routine again of work and work.Somehow after the vacation,it seems he spent most of his time in the office and less time at home and Jeremy.And even at home he tends to confine himself in the room pretending that he have work to do.The kisss that should have brought them closer ,have made an opposite effect.It seems they are getting farther away from each other after that.

A month after....as Hebe was reading a paper.....she was surprised to see Jiro's face on the paper and in his arms was a stunning beauty on his side.....a popular model and actress....Rui Sha was her name and she was elegant and beautiful and Jiro was looking extra handsome in his suit besides her.....Something have hit Hebe and felt the stab on her heart as she stared at both of them....