The Wedding

The Long Way Home {Complete}

The sun is up in all it's might,the temperature is warm,but there is a light breeze to cool oneself from all this heat.The sky is clear,no signs of dark clouds looming in.The color blue cuts across the horizon.The tress around the church  sway with the breeze,as the birds sing their merry tune hustling from one branch to another.

It is not that warm but tiny sweat appears on Jiro's forehead.His hands is cold amd clammy,his heart beating too fast for his own comfort,as he tried to take a deep breath to take away the building anxiety within himself.She is here,he told to himself,nothing to fear for now,but somehow,there is an unshakable feeling inside of him.

He looked at the people as he passed by them,smile is in his face,as he ushered inside the altar to wait for his bride.Arron stood there already as he smiled at him,something reassuring and something to calm his wrecked nerves.He looked at the aisle when he finally found his spot in the altar.He can see his Mom with a reassuring smile seated in front ,his friends from the office all dressed in their best and few families of his,some he have never seen for quite sometime now.Some came all the way from the province ,only to witness the important event in his life.

And then his attention drew back to the center aisle as the music started....Then came the cute and pretty flower girls,together with the ring bearer and then the lovely bridesmaids,with the handsome ushers as their partners.And then Jiro's heart stopped as he saw Hebe walking down the aisle,all alone by herself , as the maid of honor.She looked so beautiful,something in her like something ethereal ,wearing a light pink flowing gown and holding a pink roses in her hands.Her hair is long and flowing with tiny tendrils around her face,little white flowers are decorated along the strands.She looked like an angel that have come down from above,Jiro thought.Waves of emotions came flooding him,their memories together from their youth.Suddenly his mouth is dry and parched and suddenly his heart is saying something to him, something he have hidden from long ago.He just wants to take her and claim her as her own,only to wake up at the  truth,as he felt Arron's hand on his arm,and he could see a smile in Arron's face plus the admiration written all over.Jiro swallowed hard at the realization....that Hebe is not his bride today...

The bridal march followed as Selina walked down the aisle gracefully,like a ballerina gliding along.She looked so lovely,as her happiness radiates as she walked in,with her Dad.She lookes so beautiful in white,her hair is up in a bun,with a wisp of curly hair falling and framing her face.A tiara with glittering crystals holds down the veil that seems so long and glides along with her.Beads and crystals decorated tha all white ensemble of her gown,with her bare shoulder showing.Jiro smiled at the sight of her.He felt so proud,knowing that today,this woman will be all his,to love and to hold till death do them part.Happiness swelled in his heart,he is so lucky to have Selina in his life,as a tear find it's way in his eyes.

The ceremony was just too blurry and too fast .Selina was overwhelmed with emotions.Each word being uttered bringing happiness in her heart.Her heart is beating too fast more than it should be ,making her short of breath as she took a couple of deep breath down the line.Seeing Jiro at the end of the altar with a tear in his eyes,made Selina realized that Jiro loved her more than she thought him to be.Gone are the insecurities and the jealousies that she have felt before,this time she knew that Jiro love her and only her.

Hebe smiled all throughout the ceremony.Each word cutting her heart ino pieces.She have to smile to hide the pain that she is feeling.She is happy for Jiro and Selina,but she can't help herself to feel the hurt,of loving someone and knowing that someone is loving someone else,who happens to be your friend too.Seeing Jiro today and Selina,made Hebe realized the futility of her feelings for Jiro.Somehow ,after today,she have to find a way to forget him and give her own chance for happiness.Seeing them together ,made Hebe see the truth and realized her own place in Jiro's life,and that she is just a friend,plain and simple.

Jiro smiled at his bride as Selina smiled back.Finally the ceremony is over ,as he lifted up the veil from her face and kiss Selina full on the lips ,to  mark the  start of their life together.The people clapped their hands in support and confirmation....everyone with smile in their faces....Jiro and Selina are now one as they have promised and vowed before God to love ,honor and obey one another till death do them apart.Somehow the thought is not as scary as he thought,as Jiro looked at his bride once more....