Marry Me

The Long Way Home {Complete}

It was an early spring,the air is still chilly outside ,as Hebe tried to open the window for some fresh air.Her apartment building stood in the middle of the city.She can hear the sounds of the people from the streets.She have been waiting for her friend to come.Jiro have just called her.And as usual he is ecstatic over some news he have to deliver her.She starts to wonder what possible it can be this time,.Jiro is always excited into almost anything.he breathes life into anything that he do,as Hebe smiled at the memories that she shared with him.

Hebe� was taken out fron her reverie,when her doorbell rang.She stood up and open her door,as a happy and ecstatic Jiro came into view.He scooped her up in his arms as he danced around with her.

"Hebe,you wouldn't believe it.Selina said yes,she said yes" screamed Jiro in her ear."Selina agreed to marry me,and i am so happy." as he put her down from his hold.

Hebe looked at him with a smile in her face."I am so happy for you."she said.Her face is smiling and all happy but her own heart is breaking.But she told herself,she should be happy for him.My friend is happy that's all that count.

"You have to get ready.I think she is planning to ask you to be her maid of honor.Don't tell her that I told you." Jiro said as he sat on the chair nearby."I want you to be the first to know.We have not told her parents yet.We are planning of telling them tomorrow night." as a frown trickled on his face

"I don't think there will be any problem.The important thing is that You and Selina both love each other." Hebe said.

"What if they object and what if they want somebody with a status,somebody from a rich family like they are?" Jiro said in concern.

"But you have come along way yourself too.You have a good job and you are earning quite good yourself." Hebe said."It's not like you are after their status and their money.And the important thing is you really love Selina."

"I know but sometimes parents are like..." Jiro said."You know what i mean."

"Have you not met them already?And you said that they are very nice to you,so i don't the problem."Hebe said.

"I know but sometimes I wonder,if they want more for Selina.Somebody who is rich and much more." Jiro said.

"There can't be anybody that is much more than you.She is getting a pure gold here.What can they want more,a handsome ,young man with a good job and a good heart.I think you should be a sure winner." Hebe said.

"You know that is why I love talking to you because you are so good for my ego.And that is why I love you my friend." Jiro said as he hugged her."Do you have any food around?Now I am getting hungry from all the excitement."

"Yeah I know you are coming.I prepared something for you,your favorite sweet bun," Hebe said,as she pulled Jiro's hand and lead him to the kitchen.

Selina woke up with a smile in her face.She was so happy.Finally Jiro proposed to her and as she stared at the stone that glitters against the sunlight that cut across the shades from her window.She kissed the ring and took in the fresh air.She have never been this happy in her whole life.To love and be love by Jiro is such a pure ecstasy.

Tonight,they are going to ask permission from her parents.In as much that they like Jiro,they preferred that Selina marry somebody else with a status amd with much more to offer.Selina knew this,but it is Jiro that she loves and her parents can't do anything about that.her wish is her command.

Her parents have been easy with her due to the fact that as a chils Selina has been sickly.She got sick when she was young with Scarlet fever which lead to a very weak heart.But because of their money,she was able to seek better treatment.She remains better now,but her heart is still weak.She is required to have a twice a year check up and monitoring of her heart.Selina knew this but she kept her health status from Jiro.She does not want to worry him,and yes she does not want his pity if ever.

She got up and took a shower,to get ready to go down to talk to her parents.In an hour time,she was down as she greeted her both parents with a kiss.

"Good morning Mom,Dad." Selina said.

"So how are you?I sensed something in you." Mrs Ren said."Is it because Jiro is coming tonight?"

"Yes Mom,and he will be bringing his Mom with him." Selina said."So I just want to make sure that everybody is home tonight."

"So who needs to be home tonight?" as Arron in to the conversation."I can't I have a very important date." as he winked at his sister."Just tell me the important news and the setail when I get home tonight." he added.

"Alright you are excused but Mom and Dad have to be here."Selina said.

"Is it what I think it is?" her Mom asked."Are they going to ask for your hand to marry?"

Selina nodded with a smile in her lips as her face blushed."Yes Mom,he asked me to marry him and I said yes.I am so happy." as her eyes teared with emotions.Her Mom came to her and hugged her.Arronlaughed at the two woman that he love hugging anf crying and laughing together.

Mr Ren was rooted on his chair unable to say something.He was choked with emotions.His first born getting married.He was not ready for this.For him,she was always be his baby,her princess.it seems like that she really loves this guy this time.She really loves Jiro.

"Dad are you not going to say anything?" Selina asked,noting that her Dad was so quiet"Are you not happy for me?"

"Yes of course,I am so happy for you.You know i am happy when you are happy." he said."I just hope that Jiro will take care of you the way we took care and love you." as he felt the tears stung his eyes.

Selina seeing her Dad went to him and hugged him."Don't worry Dad.I know Jiro loves me a lot.And I know he will take care of me.He is a good man and i know he will be a good husband and will be a great father someday just like you are."

"Yes he will" his Dad agreed."Now why are we all crying,when we should be celebrating.Tonight we will be here for you Selina."

Selina smiled,and she can't wait for tonight....Too much excitement for today as she felt her heart are beating so fast and so wild...she needs to calm down,too much excitement is not good for her heart,as she took a deep breathe.....