People's Hero

When Differences Collide (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myunghee

“You’ve got me now what’s next?” I stared at Jongin who paced back in forth. He had brought me back to the West wing where he was once exiled.

“We wait” he stopped and glanced at me his eyes void of emotion.

“Right” I scoffed and stood up from my place across the room “Come here”

He stared at me wide eyed and confused with my request.

“Myunghee…”he sighed and still came closer.

“Why?” I inquired as he stopped dead in his tracks.

“Because I’m in love with you” his voice was like velvet as he stared deep into my eyes.

“No, that’s not it” I looked away and heard his steps still approaching.

“Yes it is” he gently turned my chin forcing me to face him.

“If you loved me you wouldn’t do this to me” I blurted out and his eyes grew dark “You’re doing this because of him, who he is, what he has done”

I could tell I was entering dangerous territory. It was all shown in his facial expression.

“You’re right my princess” he spat his voice dripping with sarcasm and he turned away from me “He took my father from me, he took my love from me. Don’t you think it’s amusing what burning hatred for a person can do?”

“Jongin” my voice came out almost like a plea but it was the only thing I could bring myself to say.

I felt as if I betrayed him. He was my best friend and first love but he was broken beyond repair.

“I did wait for you as long as I could” I admitted as he glanced back down at me “But he grew on me and conquered my heart”

“It is my fault anyways I should’ve come back” he confessed before pulling me into his arms “I was selfish and I still am”

“You’re my soulmate Jongin but he is my husband and I love” his body immediately tensed up as those words escaped my lips and the first tears began to fall from my eyes.

“He will come for you soon” he sighed and ran a free hand through my hair.

“You planned this all out from the beginning didn’t you?” I shut my yes tightly savoring the moment shamefully.

“Every last bit” he almost laughed causing me to slightly smile letting the tears roll down my cheeks.

I knew my life would be a tragedy from the start. Royal families were stained and cursed by the blood of others. We were born to sacrifice or be sacrificed to our nation and god. We were never meant to be happy.

“End my misery” he said breathlessly as he released me and hand m a sword “Just like you were supposed to all those years ago.”

His words tore through my heart as I thought of the past and how I actually met Jongin.

He was there with his mother in a prison cell. Only eight at the time just as I was. I wasn’t supposed to be there but I was. I had snuck into the magistrate office once again despite my parents strict orders not to but I was curious and wanted to know what was really going on in our country.

With Jongin’s case it had been that General Kim Joonmyeon had slept with the daughter of the Minister of defense Park Chanyeol. It had happened eight years earlier and as a result a child was conceived. That child being Jongin. When the real truth of his life was revealed he and his mother were immediately arrested. Minister Park and General Kim were devastated.

But a child out of wedlock was forbidden and it was the woman’s fault.

His mother was accused of seducing General Kim and was to be sold into ion. As for Jongin he was to become a slave better left for dead.

I watch as both him and his mother were torn from their cell and taken to be convicted.

They were thrown on to their knees before my father and I couldn’t bear to watch. I rushed out of hiding to stop my father from splitting the pair and having Minister Park and General Kim helplessly watch.

“Appa!” I creamed as everyone froze and turned in my direction.

“Myunghee!” my father exclaimed and glanced to the guards wondering how I got in.

“You can’t do this!” I cried as I ran towards him meeting eye with the bruised little boy as I did.

“Princess, you’re not supposed to be here” he said lovingly as he began to call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter