For The Sake of Love

When Differences Collide (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last thing Scholar Zhou expected when he was returning to his designated chambers was not the traitor of China waiting for him in the shadows let alone threatening his life in order to recieve a favor.

"You must help me?" Jongin said while grabbing Zhou from behind.

"Why should I help a traitor to my nation?" Scholar Zhou chuckled at Jongin who held a knife to his throat in the entry way of his chambers.

"Because you hate Xi Luhan almost as much as I do" Jongin scowled his grip on the knife tightening.

"True, but going against his majesty would make me a traitor as well" he smirked not even flinching at the pressure on his neck from the blade of the dagger "and I would never go against his majesty for petty ambition"

"But you would risk becoming a traitor if you were king" Jongin laughed as Scholar Zhou's eyes widened "Don't think I never noticed during my time watching from a far how much you tried to make everything go your way. Don't think I also didn't notice how you were constantly side stepped by that bastard everytime."

"And how could you promise me such a thing?" Sholar Zhou said in a hushed tone as he diverted his gave to the wall.

"By getting rid of that obstacle of yours once and for all as well as his main supporters" Jongin smirked pulling the dagger away from his neck a bit.

"And what's in it for you?" Scholar Zhou spat causing Jongin to release him and chuckle lightly.

"Her majesty, and the loves my friends lost including Miss. Xiaolian and my beloved ex sister in law Gaeul" His smile faded into a dangerous one as he  took a step closer to the man before him "You help me get those three things and I will help you become king"

"I will think about it" Sholar Zhou aid sternly as he turned to enter his chambers but was stopped yet again.

"This is a one time deal either you do it or I kill you" Jongin smirked as the man nodded "Glad we've come to an agreement. I will see you soon" he saluted the man before dissapearing into the night.

Jongin POV

"Myunghee this is all for you" I sighed staring off into the night. Yes, I was ashamed of my actions. how I recklessly threw away my love for the idea of freedom hoping she would forgive me in the after life but I wasn't going to give up so easily. I couldn't give the woman I love to the son of the man who took everything away from me. From killing my father on those cursed battle ground to having my mother so distraught and heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter