Meeting

When Differences Collide (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Your majesty, it is time to wake up" the small impish man said as he entered the room only to find it empty "Your majesty" the man called out one more time before exiting the room.

"God I hate him" Luhan said as he picked himself up off of the ground next to his bed "How did my father manage to deal with him without wanting to kill him?"

"Lu-ge are you awake?" a slender boy with panda looking eyes said as he popped his head into the room curious as to where his brother is as well.

"Yes, you may enter" Luhan laughed as he fixed his tunic.

"Assistant Ming wouldn't leave me alone he said he couldn't find you but I figured you would be hiding somewhere" the boy chuckled as he sat on the edge of Luhan’s bed.

"Zitao you know me so well" Luhan chuckled as he fixed his hair.

"Of course I do you’re my brother" Zitao laughed as he stretched his arms before looking up at his brother "So we meet my new sister tonight"

"Yes we do" Luhan sighed as he thought about their meeting which was coming up. Today way the day he officially meets his bride to be.

"Well I heard from some of the towns people she is very beautiful and smart a true jewel in the palace" Zitao laughed as he nudged his brother “You might have hit the jack pot you know.”

"Be glad you can go socialize with the towns people" Luhan muttered disdainfully” I just hope she's nice to mei mei"

"You have to be joking" Zitao burst out into a fit of laughter while looking incredulously at his older brother.

"Nope I wish I was but I am not" Luhan laughed along with him “I do not wish for much in this world”

"Princess, it's time to prepare for the celebration" a young servant girl said as she bowed before Myunghee.

"Ahh yes send them in" Myunghee said as she stood up from her desk.

"I'm here to help" Gaeul beamed as she entered the room with a small mother of pearl box "I brought one of mom’s old hair pins for you to wear"

"Thank you" Myunghee smiled on the verge of tears. She was on edge and felt a bit numb ever since this morning. Truthfully she couldn’t be strong all the time and meeting the emperor scared her. She felt like she was being sent to her death.

It had been two years since their mother had died and their father had remarried the woman named Sohee who had been their mom’s best friend for as long as they knew.

"This way mom will be able to be a part of today" Gaeul smiled as she handed the hair pin to her sister.

"This one was her favorite" Myunghee smiled as she brushed her hand of the small jade butterflies which were encrusted on the pin. She wished her mom could be here right now. She wished she could know what her mom would think of her.

"I know that’s why I chose that one" Gaeul laughed as she brushed her sister’s hair like their mom used to every night. “She would be proud of you”

"I'm ready" Myunghee said as the waiting staff entered the room and she did feel ready. Right then at least.

2 hours later......

"We’re finished your highness, it's time to go to the temple and pray" the servant girl said as she escorted the two girls towards the temple.

Between the two hours of getting ready and the two hours of praying Myung-hee and Gaeul were already exhausted. Why was their so much ceremony in a simple party for her birthday she had no clue but she wondered all the time. It was beautiful some of their traditions but it was just so tiring.

"Myunghee-ah" Gaeul giggled staring intently at her sleepy sister.

"Huh what?" Myunghee mumbled as she rested her head back down onto her hand shutting her eyes.

"You cannot seriously be falling asleep!" She laughed as she flicked the older girl’s forehead causing Myunghee’s face to scrunch up in pain.

"I am not” the older snapped in annoyance before abruptly standing up not noticing the other figures entering the room.

"You look beautiful Myunghee" the king said as he entered the room with the queen.

"Thank you" she replied half-heartedly as she bowed.

"You look like a true beauty" the queen said as she held one of her hands causing Myunghee to mentally gag.

They were never this nice to her well at least not the king. The queen was constantly up to her.

"Thank you your majesty" Myunghee mumbled as she removed her hand from the queens.

"Don't be so formal" the queen smiled as she looked up at the king but her smile was laced with sadness more than anything.

Myunghee was always distant with Sohee but the king knew why so he didn't mention it. Sohee on the other hand felt it to be offending and hurtful that the princess still acknowledged her as an outsider. Myunghee can’t trust that woman and if you knew all that happened between her and the late queen you wouldn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter