Back to the Capital

When Differences Collide (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiaolian POV

"Miss are you okay?" my assistant asked as I leaned up against the stone wall and took a few deep breaths as soon as I got out of view from Master Daoxuan and Zitao.

"Yes, I need just need to rest" I sighed as I looked back at the temple. Who was Zitao? "Ahhh" I winced in pain grabbing my chest.

"Miss!" my assisant rushed over in worry as I slid down the wall onto the ground.

"Go get Yifan" I said in between breaths as I gripped the wall.

"But Miss" she said in panic as she looked down the road and then reverted her gaze back to me.

"I'll be fine go get him" I sighed before she ran off. This hasn't happened in months why was it happening now? I sat there crouched on the ground for quite some time before I spotted Yifan and my assisant running down the road.

"Xiaolian!" Yifan yelled as his hair fell into his eyes and he crouched down next to me "Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" 

"It's happening again" I sighed as I leaned into him as he tried to catch his breath. In one felt swoop Yifan was carrying me bridal style back down the road. 

"We need to get you home father will be worried considering I rushed out of the house in the middle of tea" he sighed as he held me tighter carrying me down the road with my assistant following not to far behind.

"Thank you" I sighed as I leaned into him. Ever since we were little Yifan would always protect me and take care of me, he was my older brother afterall.

"Don't thank me this is what family is for" he chuckled as we continued down the road until we arrived at our manor. The Wu manor.

"Xiaolian" my mother panicked as she rushed over "What happened are you hurt?"

"I'm fine I just need rest" I showed a meek smile before Yifan carried me to my room and set me down on my bed.

"You need to rest you can't over exhaust yourself so much" Yifan sighed as he sat down next to me.

"Ge do you know who Xi Zitao is?" I said as I folded my hand in my lap as I sat up.

"Xi Zitao....Prince Xi Zitao the emporers brother?" he raised an eyebrow at me as I looked back down at my hands.

"Nevermind" I sighed as I laid back down. He can't be the emporers brother and even if he were why would he be here? 

"Xiaolian" Yifan sighed.

"Yes" I looked over to him.

"Please rest"

Myung-hee POV

    The three days passed by fast and we were entering the capital. The streets were busy with merchants and civilians which reminded of when I used to sneak out and roam the market.

"Make way for the emperor" Gaurds were yelling from outside the carriage as we made our way through the capitals streets.

"We need to greet the court first" Luhan sighed as he leaned back in the carriage.

"What's wrong with court?" I chuckled as he looked at me wth wide eyes.

"A bunch of cranky old men with too much to say that's whats wrong" Luhan chuckled as he pulled the curtain of the carriage back and looked outside "Myung-hee come here" he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer toward him "look" he smiled as he pointed ahead of us. Ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter