Love

When Differences Collide (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiaolian POV

"Is it true" my mother looked down upon me with an unreadable fire in her eyes.

"Yes" I mumbled as I got on my knees bowing before her hoping she would spare me.

"Oh the gods have blessed us" she beamed kneeling before. What just hapened? I raised an eyebrow as she cupped my hand in hers "Do you know how many hours I spent praying an the ancestrial temple for you and him to fall for one another" she continued smiling as Yifan and I shot each other the same weirded out expression.

"W-what?" we both said in unison as she turned and smirked at us.

"Who do you think she's been bethrothed to all this time?" she continued smirking before laughing hysterically then stoping and looking at her lady in waiting "Fetch the royal decree and Sir Wu he needs to leave for the capital to meet with his majesty this instant"

"Royal decree why would we need a royal decree?" Yifan mumbled causing my mom to chuckle a bit.

"Yifan, Zitao is the second son of the late emperor" her facial expression unreadable but some how I could sense her tone was unforgiving "Ahh Lian you must go to the temple, Yifan her" she smirked before leaving the room. Yifan walked over helping me up of the floor avoiding my gaze. What was wrong? Shouldn't he be happy i'm not harming the family name? We left the estate and began making our way to the temple where Zitao was. Did he know about this? Should I mention it to him I mean we are getting married I guess but it's just so sudden. Yesterday he was just a prince helping out at the temple whom I thought was unreachable and now he's my fiance.

"Lian" Yifan stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Hmm" I hummed in response still deep in my thoughts.

"Do you love him?" what?

"Yes" I smiled and began to continue walking but stopped when he placed both of his hands on my arms to keep me from walking away.

"Please do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter