Two

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning; the sun hasn't risen and yet, Mei was training with her father Jin in the garden. The sun was just about to rise, when Jin said, "Mei I think it’s time for you to go." Mei looked at the sun rising, she bowed to her father and headed back to her room.

Mei changed into her pink silk dress that Kris had gotten for her birthday and placed the new hairpin in her hair. Mei looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, she couldn't stop thinking about Kris and how nice he was. Mei left her room and head to Kris's room. The maidens said her name before entering the chambers. Mei looked around the room and saw Kris still sleeping in his bed.

Mei looked at the boy's face and giggled. Kris started to stir from the noise; Mei pokes Kris's cheeks, waking him up. He glared at Mei, "Why are you here so early in the morning?" He groaned. Kris then took the blanket and hid his face under it.

"The sun is already up and so should you," Mei said and stole the blanket from Kris. "Please come," Mei said, and the maidens came into Kris chamber "Please dress the crown prince as fast as you can," Mei said, and the maids nodded. Kris groaned and got up from bed to let the maidens dress him up while Mei was outside waiting.

When Kris was done, he left his room and saw Mei staring at the blossom trees. Kris couldn’t stop thinking how beautiful Mei looked today, especially because she was wearing the new hairpin. "Let’s go," Kris said, and Mei turned around and smiled. Mei and Kris were walking side by side looking away from each other. Kris decided to man up and held Mei's hand while they walk.

Mei looked down and blushed when Kris grabbed her hand. Mei looked up, and they had eye contact, she smiled to assure him that it was okay. Kris smiled back and cleared his throat, "What do you want to study today?" Kris asked Mei, and they broke eye contact.

"Well you need to finish politics and I may want to study medical today," Mei said making Kris look at her. "I need to know what to do if I or my master gets hurt," Mei explained making Kris frown. Kris never liked the idea of Mei fighting or even learning how to fight. Mei was too precious to Kris; he wants her as his Empress, not a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter