Three

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

Kris sat across from Mei, and he gave her a smile, but Mia just looked away and talked to her mom. Once again Kris felt that slap in his chest when he looked at Mei. Kris was mad -not at Mei, but at the fact that he didn't have her by his side- it was killing him. 'I need you; I love you' Kris thought to himself as he saw Mei smiling and laughing with her mom.

"Congratulations to my best friend," Jin said and poured the Emperor a shot. The Emperor took the shot and drank it straight. Both the Emperor and Jin were laughing joking around like every night. One of the guard’s men came in and whispered into Jin's ear. Jin stood up and took out his sword "Team" Jin said and then ten men pop out nowhere.

The men were dress in all black and had a red quarter moon on their chests. The emperor stood up in shock "What's going on?" The Emperor asked. The Empress stood up and hugged the Emperor, Kris looked at Mia and saw that her eyes looked emotionless.

"Take the Empress and Kris to a safe spot." Jin said to his wife. Leigh nodded and took the Empress's hand and left the room. Kris followed his mother but when he look back, he saw Jin whispering to Mei's ears. "Remember Kris's life comes before yours," Jin whispered and Kissed Mei's forehead. Mei nodded her head then ran by Kris side.

Mei looked at the terrified Kris; his eyes were watery it looked like he went through hell. Mei grabbed his hand and smiled reassuringly with the eyes that say; 'everything will be okay.' Leigh opened up the floor wood panels showing a hidden passage underground. Leigh took the Empress down with Mei and Kris. Mei closed the headboards back to keep them safe.

The Empress was heavy breathing and crying at the same "What about my husband?" The Empress cried.

"He will be fine, he has Jin protecting him," Mei said. Kris didn't let go of Mei's hand; he had missed Mei's touch since this morning, and all he wanted to do was embrace Mei. They could hear people running, and people screaming in pain, probably ones who got stabbed by the sword. Then everything went silent, not even footsteps were heard.

"Do you think they are gone?" Kris said. Mei snapped her head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter