Fifteen

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris's POV

I walked into my father’s chambers and found him reading happily. I bowed to my father and said, “Father” grabbing his attention. I walked up to his bed and pulled a chair next to him. “I heard the new captain of the royal army was here,” I said and my father started to laugh.

“Don't worry son, this person will take care of you,” Father said and I sighed.

“Then how come for the first time in years, I was able to escape with one of the girls?” I said and smirked at my father.

“Maybe you didn’t even know that the captain was following you the whole time.” My father said, and I eyed him suspiciously. “The captain may even be in this very room at the moment.” My father said and I started to look around the room, but I saw nothing but darkness.

Before I could say something else, Tao barged in looking like he was out of breath. He probably ran here since he was sweating and panting like a dog. “The girls! Someone kidnapped all the girls.” Tao said, making my eyes widen in shock. I look back at my father, and I saw him nod at me. In an instant, I saw a figure run out the room. Was that the captain? I didn't even see him in the dark shadows.

Quickly my attention went to Jea, how she went back to the room with the girls. My heart started to race as I thought something bad might happen to her. It was never a good sign if someone was kidnap, there is a high possibility is that the kidnappers might torture or kill the girls.

I ran out the room with Tao right behind me. “Get the guards right away,” I said. I went to my room and changed into my army uniform. I met everyone in the hall as they waited for my command. “So, have we found out who the kidnappers are?” I asked my men.

“Yes, we finally located them. They're at the docks in an abandoned warehouse. Some of our men are there watching over their movements.” One of my men said.

“Okay, let’s move out and get them,” I said, me and an army of 50 men went out to get the girls back. Hopefully that when we get there everyone will be safe, especially Jea. When this is over I’m going to make sure that Jea will become my Empress. I don't care about this game anymore; I only want Jea.

We went into the abandoned building, but what shocked me most was the dead bodies everywhere. I recognized some of the bodies who were the girls who I talked to. They were dead, lying lifelessly on the floor. I couldn’t see Jea's body which was a great relief, but what wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter