Twenty-Three

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho POV

It has been four months since Mei and I got married. Mei finally showed some weight gain but not a lot. Mei gets tired a lot, and she can't go far, so I build a garden for her next to our room. She can spend the day there instead of inside the palace. Every day I will spend the morning with her and have lunch in the garden, I didn’t want Mei to get into politics.

Some of the political people may now her from Kris empire. The thing I want is Mei to regain her memories and leave me. Politics is like war; Mei grew up right in the middle of it. I wanted her to live a peaceful life. The last thing I want is Mei to get hurt.

I was currently in the middle of talking with my councilmen when the doctors came in with Sunmi "Sir the handmaiden is pregnant, and she says you are the father" The doctor said. I clench my fist tight as I look at the stupid girl in front of me. How dare she go behind my back, and get the doctors involve. I guess she knew I would have killed her if I found out "Did you sleep with her, your highness" everyone looked at me.

"So what if I did, Mei is my Empress, and she is carrying my heiress," some of the councilmen started to whisper. I look at my good friends Chanyeol and Baekhyun who shook their head.

"Emperor Suho, this handmaiden is now carrying your heiress as well. If Mei gives birth to a baby girl, you are dependent on the handmaiden to give you male heir. It is important that you have a crown prince" I wanted the councilmen dead, there was no way I was going to allow Sunmi carry an heir of mine.

"No, I won't let her be anything to me" I slammed my fist on the table.

"There is no way around it Emperor Suho. This handmaiden will become your concubine. However, we will make a deal. The handmaiden will be your concubine until death, her child will have the same status as Mei children. If Sunmi does carry the male heir, he will be the crown prince. If Mei produces a male heir either being the current child. Sunmi child will be married off to a princess or prince to a country nearby to strengthen ties and Mei child will be the crown prince to the throne." The councilmen said, there was silence right after.

I look at the girl Sunmi, the handmaiden. I stood up and walked towards her "You may be my handmaiden, but I will never love you" I whispered to her. I turn to my councilmen "Fine, but her room will be on the other side of the palace. I don't ever want to see her, only the child she is carrying" I left the councilmen and went to look for Mei

I could not believe that Mei’s stupid handmaiden got pregnant that one night. She has to threaten m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter