Six

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

Here I am, sitting on the bench in the garden like I do every day. Today is different; I have to let go of my true love. Usually, I'd go to the gardens and think about her, Mei, my love. It has been fifteen years since I last saw her; the worst part is that the last time I saw her face, Mei got hurt because of me. I was the reason she had left, I treated her like garbage. Every day I went to the garden and remembered the times we used to have here.

On my way to the garden, I saw a beautiful young girl trying to catch the branch from the cherry tree from the dock. I grabbed the branch bringing it down to her, I can see her smiling. The girl turned around, and her eyes widened. The girl lost her balance, and she fell to the pond, luckily I give her my hand.. but she pulls me into the water with her.

With the both of us soaked, we grabbed the dock and pulled ourselves out of the water. "I’m sorry," I said looking into Mei's eyes. Our eyes met for a split second until Mei quickly look away. My heart stopped as she reminded me of Mei.

I gasped and grabbed her shoulders, "..Mei?" I said, and she gave me a confused look.

"Sorry, but my name is Jea," she said and I frowned at her reply. She looked at me and started to blush, and then I let go of my hands. I look at myself and notice how expose I am soaking wet. I look at Jea and saw how expose she is. I might be a Prince -the crown prince, but I think of dirty thoughts too. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I checked her out.

Honestly, I checked her out. And she was hot, damn.

"Sorry, I lost my balance." I placed my hand over to shut her up.

"Kris!" Tao shouted and came running towards me. He looked at the girl, and they smiled at each other.

"Do you know her?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

Tao rubbed the back of my neck, and he cleared his throat, "Kris this is my sister, Jea." Tao said, and Jea was next to Tao, and she bow down. "Jea is here for you know, she will be competing to be your Empress," Tao said. He didn't want to touch on the subject of me getting a bride, especially because he knew I still have feelings for Mei.

"Well, Jea why don't I get you a new dress. You can't see the Crown Prince looking like that." I said and held out my hand.

Jea giggled and took hold of my hand. We started to walk but then she stopped "Wait," Jea sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter