Twenty Eight

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho POV

I stayed away from Mei as promised. I didn't like it, but I just wanted to make her happy. So I kept my distance but never stop watching over her. At night, I bring Mei a single white rose and leave it on her windowsill. The maids told me her daily activities what she did and if she needed anything. I heard from one of the maids that Mei would cry ever now and then. I didn't know what else I could do to make Mei happier. 

The councilmen have been pestering me about Sunmi since the moment I ordered her to locked up. I couldn't have Sunmi causing more problems to Mei and I relationship. I told the councilmen how Sunmi was being mistreated. They still didn't like how I was treating my concubine. So we made a deal for Sunmi to be under house arrest with guards under strict order to keep her away from me.

As days go by my works started to pile up, and that is when I had to go back to ruling the kingdom. I couldn't stay in the shadows watching over Mei. I was not in the mood to be around the councilmen doing my work, so I kept to my room filling out papers. At night, I couldn't help think about Mei crying and then think about the royal affairs. I stop sleeping, and slowly I stop eating.

I believe my soul started to give up as nothing matter to me. But I had to keep moving forward for my kingdom, if not my kingdom can fall then my worst fear will come true. Kris can easily take Mei away from me then my life would be over. I had to pull through; I still had to speak to the councilmen. However, the council started to argue having the meeting pull through late. A maid whispered into my ear "Emperor she is crying again" I closed my eyes and had my fist balled up. 

The councilmen continued to argue, and I tried to block everyone voices in my head. Everything hurt so much that I wanted my pain to just end. Weirdly my body finally listen to me as my mind went blank, and my body went limp. 

Mei POV

As I was getting ready in the morning, three of my maids were outside preparing my breakfast for me. They looked nervous as they kept whispering to each other. I got a little closer to hear what has been going on with the palace. I didn't know if Sunmi took my place as Empress or not.

"Emperor Suho has been going days without any sleep," the maid said getting my attention.

"Do you think it has to do with Empress Mei? I mean he is always asking about her and when he hears about her crying he just gets mad and wants to be alone." Hearing the maid say that broke my heart. I may be mad and upset at Suho, but I can't get rid of the feeling of me loving him. 

"I know he even got Sunmi into Jail, but the councilmen talked to Suho about having Sunmi out. P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter