Five

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

I saw blood all over my mother’s body, and it hurts to know that she is no longer here in this world. I don't know why she didn’t want protection, she always had Leigh by her side. My father came in and placed a white sheet over her "Kris, I think it’s time to go back to your room." My father said. I followed his instructions and headed back to my room.

Mei was sitting on my bed looking down at her hand. I notice her stained tears, I guess she heard about my mother’s death. It is so hard to be mad at Mei; I love her to death but knowing that her and her mom couldn't protect my mom upset me, disappointed me and angered me. Mei looked up at me and gave me a pitiful smile. "Kris-" Slap! I slapped her.

I could see her biting her lip and clenching her fist, she was resisting to fight back. "You have no right to call me Kris. Where were you when the palace was under attack? I had some stranger protecting me!" I yelled at Mei. Mei looked down at her feet, and she bows down to me. "Leave! I don't want see your face ever again!" I said.

Mei stood up and ran right out of my room. I looked at her figure until she is out of sight, I ruffled my hair in frustration. I saw a long white box on my bed, I picked it up and opened it. There was a black samurai sword; I took off the sheet off, and the blade of the sword was in the color of red. I saw this sword before; it belongs to Mei's father. I didn't understand why Mei or Jin would give this to me.

The next day I went to go see my father, and I found him sitting alone on his throne "Where is Jin?" I asked. My father the Emperor glared at me, never have I seen that look before.

"Dead." He said and got up from his throne and walked towards me.

"Is that why Mei gave me his sword?" I said and started to feel guilty. "What’s going to happen to Mei?" I asked.  The last time I talked to Mei she was sad. I said harsh words things to her.

The Emperor started to laugh "Why do you care what happen to Mei? Didn't you tell her last night that you never wanted to see her face again?" The Emperor said, and I lowered my head. "Her parents gave me full rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter