Nineteen

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since me, and Kris finally confess our feelings to each other and accepted one another. Kris wanted to celebrate our engagement, so he invited important people from all over the world. Instead of enjoying the party I was very nervous that people that Kris invited will remember me. I was a spy and an assassin, a person who killed people who were a threat to Kris and his empire.

“Can you at least smile?” Kris said, I look up and give him a slight smile. A man came to our table with a bottle; he poured Kris a shot. I instantly recognize him and took the shot right away before Kris could drink it. “Mei!” Kris said, and I smiled and drank the shot.

“Interesting flavour it has,” I said and smirked at the old man. The man glared and then smiled at me as if he didn’t care if it was Kris or me who drank the poison. Kris looked at me and took the man’s bottle and sniffed it. Kris' eyes widen as he too realizes it was poison, Kris looks at me and grabs my chin as he exam my condition. “Don’t worry this poison won’t harm me. Master Chang used to give me poison every day so that I would be immune to anything” I said.

The old man face went red as surely he was angry “Guards” Kris called, and the came running towards us “Please put this man in the cellar. Tomorrow he will be trialled for poisoning her Highness the Crown Princess” Kris said, and they took him away. Kris looks at me with worried eye “Mei I don’t care if you are immune to poison or not. I don’t want you ever to drink anything you think it would be harmful. ” Kris said. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me on the lips lovingly.  “I love you, and I can’t lose you,” Kris said with a smile.

“I need some air Kris,” I said and Kris nodded. I got up from my seat and headed to the balcony where I could look out into the lake. I place a hand over my stomach; somehow I missed the feeling of carrying another being inside me. "I would have name you Fei if you were a girl, and if you were a boy I would let your father name you,” I said. I let the tears run down my cheeks, I didn’t care how I was looking right now.

“I still can’t believe you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter